• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final: Spoiler Thread - Thanos VS The Messians

cj_iwakura

There's some really cool stuff in SMTIV Final. I've already seen most of it, so what the hell, let's talk about it!

DEMONS WILL INCLUDES ENDGAME SMT IV FINAL SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

iR1W2IY.jpg

New Characters (No real spoilers)

(Nozomi)
i7zTi1R.png

(Hallelujah)
0Q51B2J.png

(Asahi)
LSJxftS.png

(Nikkari)
d9labqG.png

(Gaston)
0CstXYH.png

uLG9st3.png

(Manabu)
HjB5ZJW.png

(Toki)
MCtsFrL.png

Redesigned & Returning Demons
(ENDGAME SPOILERS FOR FINAL)

Miroku
ANw7mEk.png

Satan
vlu9eiX.png

Last chance.

Guess who!
JxBmxLg.jpg

cj_iwakura

Guess I'll upload the rest of the new demons too.
Lucifer
fsBJ0g4.png

Merkabah
qRwvXMU.png

Inanna
Ah1jcK0.png

Odin
vhDvxWH.png

Mithra
OQ5ErkY.png

Dagda
l1AExRC.png

Sukuna-Hikona
1QXsrcQ.png

Napaea
iWqpQAa.png

eNqXHNj.png

There's a SERIOUS WHAT IN THE FRESH HELL character spoilers I'm debating leaving out of this thread, since I figured YHVH was a given, unless people really want it.

cj_iwakura

I assume this is Nanashi's True Demon end:

a2Xy21n.png

Eh, decent third place, behind Devil Survivor's True Bel Overlord and Demi-Fiend.

At this point I'm dying to know what the hell is the Anarchy end.
Last I checked, it had you killing Flynn and then reviving him as a puppet, killing every one of the gods (and thanks to Dagda's power, their followers), having the Ashura-Kai, Gaeans, Hunters and Samurai team up against you, and then taking on YHVH's true form.
I'm sure I missed a lot of stuffs.

Also, the Peace end is probably one of the happier endings in any SMT game.

Nachos

First image is Nozomi, finally with a portrait. First dude's name is Nikkari. Yellow jacket is Hallelujah. 420 Agidyne It To The Face is Manabu.

Unnamed demons, from top to bottom, are Inanna, Mithra, and Sukuna-Hikona.

Yeah, that's the part where you take on YHWH with two separate teams after Satan, being the fusion of Lucifer and Merkabah, reverts back to Johnathan and Walter in defiance. Nanashi's team is just him and his demons.

Soriku

Or not, cat's out of that bag. :p

Really creepy, Corpse Party level stuff.

I guess it's not really him. I have a direct render if you want.

And did you know about this?

Saw that design but didn't know he also had lightsabers :eek:

Btw about Fiends:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181823-shin-megami-tensei-iv-final/73296907

They are all in the secret dungeon called Toukyou(written by the kanji east+conceit)

-The dungeon have total 46 floors.
-Only appears on a difficulty 'war' and above.
-The floor keep going wider as deep as you goes.
-You can't view a map inside.
-You can't flee from the battle here.
-Demon here can't be recruited.

The fiends are on these floors
2F David
5F Matador
9F White Rider
14F Red Rider
20F Black Rider
27F Pale Rider
36F Trumpeter
46F Mother Harlot

-They drop incense items
-They forever gone after defeated, no respawn like in 4
-You will be kicked out of the dungeon if you can't kill them in a 10 turn limited but the boss HP won't restored.

http://ysokuhou.blog.jp/archives/54738499.html

Also do you have a render of YHVH-Satan?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Odin carried me through Persona 3's endgame (not that it was super hard but still)

His new look is awesome.

NeonZ

The seven heads makes me think of The Harlot.

Ten horns, too. Can't be coincidence.

Satan's new design seems to be based on the first beast of Revelations. In Revelations, Mother Harlot is seen riding a beast with a similar description but with red skin, and her SMT design is based on that, with the beast taking characteristics both from the early beast that appears by itself and the later one that she rides.

YHVH's "final form" also seems to take some elements from the Demiurge/Yaldabaoth (not the SMT design, but the Gnostic one) with the snake-like body and the flaming head. Although all the other heads and those wings are original.

marmoka

Banned
Oh my Gods those spoilers!!!

Flynn and the rest of the gang fighting against Yhvh by themselves without the help of other demons. Flynn looks like a demon, seems to be a demon. Does this mean Lucifer and Merkavah (Law and Chaos, Heaven and Hell) are fighting together against a common enemy? Together with the Neutral? Is this alliance possible? This is blowing my mind right now.

I need this game now!!

NeonZ

There are pictures of several unannounced DLC packs which apparently are on cart. At least one of them is incomplete though.

Beach DLC

New demons Mephisto and Cleopatra
DLC_04_zpsvswmy08g.jpg

All of Mikado turning into demons?
DLC_03_zpsjrdvnfxk.jpg

DLC_02_zpsvlw31zyf.jpg

YHVH
-style battle
(2 parties fighting at once, boss with two forms)
against Stephen, with the
second
party this time composed by... the main characters from SMTI, II, Nocturne and IV. Aside from Flynn, they only have placeholder pictures right now though.

DLC_06_zpsjvs5f9e2.jpg

Reversed

I can't believe the way
Navarre died
. :lol

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Navarre

Having died before the game due to drowing by accident while he was peeking at a female hunter bathing, Navarre's spirit encounters the Nanashi and possesses him. As a partner in battle he supports the party with attack-type items and support magic. On the field Navarre aids Nanashi by using the Jade Mamorigatana (ヒスイの守刀) to cut down obstacles that block their path. This requires spiritual energy to be used.

Now these lifesavers make sense to me.

rqgYRwB.png

marmoka

Banned
There are pictures of several unannounced DLC packs which apparently are on cart. At least one of them is incomplete though.

Beach DLC

New demons Mephisto and Cleopatra
DLC_04_zpsvswmy08g.jpg

All of Mikado turning into demons?
DLC_03_zpsjrdvnfxk.jpg

DLC_02_zpsvlw31zyf.jpg

YHVH
-style battle
(2 parties fighting at once, boss with two forms)
against Stephen, with the
second
party this time composed by... the main characters from SMTI, II, Nocturne and IV. Aside from Flynn, they only have placeholder pictures right now though.

DLC_06_zpsjvs5f9e2.jpg

Atlus!! Please bring this game to the west soon!!

NeonZ

Is Nanashi his actual name or is it a title like Demifiend?

Based on what people playing the game said, it's his actual name, and you can't change it, since it's mentioned by voiced dialogue. You can choose a Hunter nickname though.

Sakura

Based on what people playing the game said, it's his actual name, and you can't change it, since it's mentioned by voiced dialogue. You can choose a Hunter nickname though.

Asahi is the only one that calls you Nanashi though after you choose a name.

The new designs seem to be a lot better than some of the redesigns in smt4 original. Well better start hoping Atlus brings this to the uk a lot quicker than they did last time.

Made it closer to his biblical description?

Satan's original design was one of Kaneko's rare designs where he pretty much disregarded the source material and just drew whatever he wanted.

Yeah and for good reasons apparently. This one looks like butt.

bring back Kaneko please.

Dantis

The core cast looks terrible, but man, most of the demons are great.

I actually think that Doi is miles better at designing demons than Soejima.

Top Bottom