• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final: Spoiler Thread - Thanos VS The Messians

MechaX

YHVH
-style battle
(2 parties fighting at once, boss with two forms)
against Stephen, with the
second
party this time composed by... the main characters from SMTI, II, Nocturne and IV. Aside from Flynn, they only have placeholder pictures right now though.

DLC_06_zpsjvs5f9e2.jpg

HOLY SHIT (and good God, what if it fully confirms the Aleph-
Hijiri
connection too?). I think fans of the series have been waiting to hear what the fuck Stephen's deal is for decades too.

And now I must exit this spoiler thread.

I do not regret seeing this in the slightest, as now my hype is at absolute maximum and I still have no idea what the main plot of the game really is. C'mon Atlus, give me the announcement!

Soriku

The core cast looks terrible, but man, most of the demons are great.

I actually think that Doi is miles better at designing demons than Soejima.

The "problem" (if could you call it that) with Soejima's demon designs is that they don't look very organic like Kaneko's designs. They're kind of random and at times they just look like action figures. Doi is better at keeping a similar tone to Kaneko's designs.

I think P5's designs are a step up from Soejima's usual work though.

asagami_

Banned
I really like the new design of Alpeh. But well, if they need to fight together how OP is Stephen?

I wonder if certain concepts will come back, like the Amala Network or (unlikely, but who knows) the Akarana Corridor.

Soulhouf

Since I finished the game, I can come here the.
You guys who didn't finish the game are insane. That's all what I wanted to say, because, I dunno, you've ruined the surprises and many of the holy shit moments the game throws at you.

YHVH fused with Satan:
I don't know where you got that but YHVH never fused with Satan. That's just YHVH.
He looks incredible BTW and the music that plays when you fight him is so epic.
Seriously, this is one of the finest bosses in the series.

Yes, it is!

cj_iwakura

You guys who didn't finish the game are insane. That's all what I wanted to say, because, I dunno, you've ruined the surprises and many of the holy shit moments the game throws at you.

Eh, I was browsing /SMTG and had YHVH spoiled for me, so I said eff it and went the full nine. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I play it and there's stuff I don't know about. Context means a lot.

Mcdohl

You guys who didn't finish the game are insane. That's all what I wanted to say, because, I dunno, you've ruined the surprises and many of the holy shit moments the game throws at you. !

That is, if it ever comes out in the west :(

Soulhouf

Eh, I was browsing /SMTG and had YHVH spoiled for me, so I said eff it and went the full nine. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I play it and there's stuff I don't know about. Context means a lot.

Yep. Going all out is what surprised me. The game is fantastic nevertheless even after spoiling everything.

That is, if it ever comes out in the west :(

I can hardly see Atlus skip this.

BTW, I didn't see this posted: you can cross dress as a Gothic Lolita in this game.

This is my character:
CdS-0R9UEAEWYFg.jpg:orig

It looks awesome and has nice attributes for defense.

cj_iwakura

Eirikr just posted a translation of the fascinating guide.
eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2016/08/apocalypse-artbook.html

Very worth reading, and some of this concept art... wow.

This is how I picture grand scale SMT battles going down.

Top Bottom