• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest console bundles in video game history

iidesuyo

4893400261_639bc5c8a6_b.jpg

The original Game Boy.

- the system
- an addictive game
- batteries
- headphones
- a link cable

This was so incredible. If you had to wait 1 hour for your train, you could just walk into a store, grab the system and play. And if you met some other guy on the train who had a Game Boy too, you could play Tetris in vs. mode, because everyone who owned a GB also owned Tetris and a link cable.

Today one has to watch out whether the DS has a charger included!

sgs9fkievc3vcrr2suwl.jpg

NES Super Set.

- the system
- four (!!) controllers, the adapter was able to support rapid fire
- three games: Nintendo World Cup, Super Mario Bros., Tetris

That bundle sold like hot cakes.

What are your picks?

BiggNife

Even better

51jhN1Npz1L.jpg
Not an exaggeration when I say this bundle is what made me fall in love with video games

Five amazing games right out of the box, it was a six year old's dream come true

E: later bundles had SMA and SMW all on one cart but mine had two separate carts, I think that version was more common

nillah

Banned
Battlefront and the Quad. I've never been more pleased with a console... but fuck that online subscription

Kyne

Destiny gets a lot of flak, but I bought this and regret nothing.

71GVZvCMkKL._SL1138_.jpg

This is the GOAT Wii U bundle.

k2-_2d3db600-1e87-4063-8ed0-e44d37e74cf3.v1.jpg

Everything you and a friend would ever need.

HX-HVGY-MGTL-2.jpg

When I got an SNES again a year after having to sell my first one, a bundle at target came with Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and a mail in voucher for Super Mario All-Stars.

Best deal ever.

jbluzb

PS4 Bloodborne Asian Bundle (R3)

bloodborne-preorder-deets-02.jpg

Includes: PS4, HDMI, 1 controller, 1 Bloodborne game, 1 Little Big Planet 3, 12 months PS+, $10 sgd, 2 Years and 3 months warranty for $399

crpav

Love that original gameboy. Wish I still had my original in box.

My favorite, and may be nostalgia talking, is the Nintendo Deluxe set because that is the bundle I got when we bought it way back. Wish I still had it:

tUZoREC.jpg

Ranmo

Of of the GOAT of all time period. It only missed Bayo 2 and it would include all the Wii U must-plays.

Can you imagine if this included MK8. Jebus.

Speaking of MK8. That was a solid Wii U bundle. Didn't the original bundle include a red additional controller?

Come to think of it all the Wii U bundles have been pretty solid. With the Smash + Splatoon being the best one.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
This introduced a ton of newcomers to what Jet Set Radio was. Some areas had bundles with it and Halo.

7RiJUwg.jpg

The Green Xbox with Halo (and I think DOA3) was also pretty good.

Would it be cheating to say those Costco bundles?

I remember I got a PSone for Christmas in a bundle with a memory card, two DualShock controllers, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot 2.

Similarly, I got my first GBA in one of those bundles and it included Super Mario World, A Link to the Past and a Donkey Kong bobblehead.

Krejlooc

Banned
m3Q3HdZ.jpg

Eg7evq7.jpg

I can't say enough how happy these two bundles made me as a kid (ignore the "asian specific" sticker, it's the same box they used in the US). The Game Gear Bundle was even cooler for me at the time, because Toys R Us had a deal going on where if you bought any game gear you got a game free with it. So I got Sonic and Castle of Illusion the same day.

The day I got each of those were magical days I wish I could relive. I remember being overwhelmed with joy

SkylineRKR

I had both the NES Action set and later the Megadrive Sonic 2 set with 2 controllers. Those were great because you were done, and the games were all time classics.

I also liked the Playstation Value Pack from Europe. It was a PSX with 2 controllers and a memorycard. And the god tier Demo One.

1c.jpg

No game though, but up to you.

Dicer

Banned
Turbo-Duo

Arguably some of the best of the system, in the box...
Gate of Thunder
Ys Book I&II
Bonks Adventure
Bonks Revenge
Bomberman(secret code unlock on disc)
And either Dungeon Explorer or Ninja spirit
ViDvkrZ.jpg

khaaan

Not "greatest" but EU sure did get a lot of nice Vita bundles.

-8 Gig Memory Card
-Tearaway
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Little Big Planet Vita
-When Vikings Attack

They also had a Lego bundle featuring:
-8 Gig Memory Card
-Lego Batman 3
-The Lego Movie Video Game
-Lego The Hobbit

The original mega pack came with:

-8GB Memory Card
-LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
-WipeOut 2048
-MotorStorm RC
-Little Deviants
-Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
-Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
-Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
-Lemmings
-Hungry Giraffe
-The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Ontop of all that, people had the option of buying a bundle that was just the memory card + games in case you already had a Vita.

Top Bottom