• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest console bundles in video game history

Teknoman

Turbo-Duo

Arguably some of the best of the system, in the box...
Gate of Thunder
Ys Book I&II
Bonks Adventure
Bonks Revenge
Bomberman(secret code unlock on disc)
And either Dungeon Explorer or Ninja spirit
ViDvkrZ.jpg

Best value for money right here.

turboconsole.png

20 MEG CARTRIDGE!!!

PAL art seems to either be really great or just really funny, no inbetweens.

Curufinwe

The AC Liberation Vita bundle was very good value at $180 in November 2012 despite the game being mediocre, and the White Vita looks great.

51DmnCeFfCL.jpg

I think only ever bought two bundles in my life.

The first was the GameCube with Pokemon Colosseum for £110 I think. It was surprising because my mother always made my brothers and I buy our game stuffs but she just said I'll get it for you and we went to BlockBusters and picked one up that day.

Second was last year, I really wanted to play Bloodborne and I bought the Gamers edition which cost 450€ and it got me the PS4, two controllers, Bloodborne and the PS Camera. Bargain.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Atari ST Power Pack (came with the Atari 520 ST). Look at all this juice.

7KqZYtI.png

Also came with a bunch of utilities because obviously the Atari ST was a home computer, not a console. :)

Not a console, but for originality sake, let me introduce you the Atari ST Power Pack

An Atari ST with 20 games, and not unknowkn crap, but well known names like Double Dragon, Afterburner, Outrun (too bad the ST version suuuuucked) and so.

It was so good and so relatively popular that it ended biting Atari in the ass in the UK when publishers discovered that their sales on ST had slowed a big deal since the introduction of the Pack, given that new customers didn't buy games as they were well served for long time.

(Edit, I can't believe I have been beaten on this, damn you stuminus3 :_( )

My parents bought me the Discovery Pack for Christmas when I was around 4-5 years old. Arguably the best decision they ever made as parents, because having a computer at that age basically laid the foundation for who I am today.

zbN84St.jpg

And it's always good to see the ST getting some love on GAF.

The UK Xbox bundle that had Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT, Splinter Cell and Halo for £200.

SY10vfP.jpg

That's the one I bought way back in the day! Outstanding deal!

Must say my Xbox One deal was pretty great as well, though it wasn't an official bundle, it was an Argos deal around Black Friday time last year:-

Xbox One 1TB
Halo 5
Halo MCC

£280

I also snagged Witcher 3 for 20 bucks, so crazy value for 300 bones!

Got to give a shout to the OG Xbox Panzer Dragoon Orta bundle, sexy console:-
Panzer_Dragoon_Orta_Limited_Edition_Xbox.jpg

This thread brings back memories of Nintendo's crazy obsession with the word "Pak" during the GCN era.

My personal favourite is the Japanese Twin Snake bundle.
hxyzp5l.jpg

TTS
NES Metal Gear
Foxhound console
Special documentary on the NES disc
Art book

Top Bottom