• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad Affleck Video Has Been Taken Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
People_are_being_mean_by_making_mashups_of_sad_Ben_Affleck_s_reaction_to_Batman_v_Superman_reviews.jpg

The original Sad Affleck video that went viral has been blocked world wide.

I disputed the initial copyright claim but the holders ruled that I wasn't allowed to monetize it (fair enough) and decided to let the video stay up.

Now a second copyright claim by UMG has blocked it completely.

Basically, I didn't make a cent on the video, which is fair, but the video did make the copyright holders a ton of money and shot the song in the video into the billboard top 10 downloads, making them god knows how much.

Feels really unfair that this video out of the millions using the song is the one to get hit.

Even the Dark Souls III version that was created and put on the official twitter for Dark Souls 3 is allowed to stay up, using the exact same clip of music.

Just wanted to vent, it was good while it lasted.

TL;DR: Original Sad Affleck video got pulled while all the others and many more videos using the song clip are allowed to stay up.

Dennis

Banned
Betty got taken down by the Batman.

Who else among us can say such a thing?

It is like we have a supervillain on GAF.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Gaf can give you a free copy of Dark Souls 3, that's worth at least 80 cents.

.la1n

It's okay Betty you'll always have the best user name avatar combination on GAF. Nobody can't take that away from you.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I have no doubt that Affleck himself has seen the video along with Cavill and probably Snyder. It's amazing that one of our very own gaffers (and by extension GAF) is having a quantifiable influence on the reception of this movie. Congrats Betty.

What an age we live in.

smurfx

get some go again
Hai.

And it's the one linked in all the articles, all the news reports, all the reaction videos.

And they took it down.
how fucked up is it that i only found it thanks to some youtuber reacting to it right now.

Diabelli

Your Sad Affleck V Captain America is better anyway. But holy shit, 22M views in 3 weeks is pretty damn impressive - I'd be salty as fuck even if I didn't get a penny for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom