• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad Affleck Video Has Been Taken Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutek

People_are_being_mean_by_making_mashups_of_sad_Ben_Affleck_s_reaction_to_Batman_v_Superman_reviews.jpg

The original Sad Affleck video that went viral has been blocked world wide.

I disputed the initial copyright claim but the holders ruled that I wasn't allowed to monetize it (fair enough) and decided to let the video stay up.

Now a second copyright claim by UMG has blocked it completely.

Basically, I didn't make a cent on the video, which is fair, but the video did make the copyright holders a ton of money and shot the song in the video into the billboard top 10 downloads, making them god knows how much.

Feels really unfair that this video out of the millions using the song is the one to get hit.

Even the Dark Souls III version that was created and put on the official twitter for Dark Souls 3 is allowed to stay up, using the exact same clip of music.

Just wanted to vent, it was good while it lasted.

TL;DR: Original Sad Affleck video got pulled while all the others and many more videos using the song clip are allowed to stay up.

But isn't Betty a woman's name?

Alienous

You should franchise Sad Affleck, Betty.

Just upload another one with a different song every day. I suggest the Coronation Street theme.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ "Targetted by WB".

WB trying to play damage control.

More people saw this video than the actual BvS. 22 million views WOW... that's like BvS trailers territory.

Betty

Banned
It sucks and all but I hope you never thought you'd get money using copyrighted music.

Not at all, even though there are countless videos that use copyrighted songs and have gotten to monetize it.

I was just happy the video got to stay up.

But hey, guess mine out the millions using the song is the worst somehow.

Spizz

Banned
A Gaffer made Sad Affleck!? Wow, sorry about that OP. That really sucks... It will live on though, if it makes you feel any better.

Betty

Banned
You should franchise Sad Affleck, Betty.

Just upload another one with a different song every day. I suggest the Coronation Street theme.

There are literally people doing this right now, there's a guy just spamming the video with alternate music daily.

Alienous

There are literally people doing this right now, there's a guy just spamming the video with alternate music daily.

But you have the eye of the world.

Upload a Sad Affleck 2 teaser. You don't even need to know what you're going to do, but everyone will be watching.

Betty

Banned
But you have the eye of the world.

Upload a Sad Affleck 2 teaser. You don't even need to know what you're going to do, but everyone will be watching.

Yeah, including the copyright guys, no thanks, I push this and they'll take down my channel.

Pineapple

I'm so fucking sick of Youtube and the draconian copyright takedown policies.

Why isn't there an option that allows users, prior to uploading a video with music, to allow the copyright holder of the song to collect 100% of any revenue generated from the video? As the OP mentioned, many people that make videos like this don't do it for the money (and most of these videos never make any money anyway), yet they are still taken down as swiftly as possible.

OP, please get out there and try and get someone to cover this - it will blow up (if it's not about to already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom