• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad Affleck Video Has Been Taken Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow had no idea a Gafer made that video. Sucks it got taken down. Video was great and was all over the news also spawned a ton of parodies. You done good OP.

I know it is UMG's claim but I can't help but feel that somebody at WB saw this, was not amused and went after it. I mean it was making UMG money

Betty

Banned
I don't get it. WB being petty? Why yours?

Great question.

The song is used in many, many, many other videos.

But mine was the only one to get hit.

Here's what the copyright page on the video looks like.

nxAPPhv.png

MIMIC

Banned
Wow had no idea a Gafer made that video. Sucks it got taken down. Video was great and was all over the news also spawned a ton of parodies. You done good OP.

A GAFFER made it?!

(gotta admit, I've never actually seen the video, but I've heard about it)

Aselith

They filed a DMCA against the video that brought the song back onto the charts? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Speevy

Banned
Hello Gaffers, my old friends.
I've come to talk with you again.

Made Simon and Garfunkel money
All I ever tried to be was funny
And the song that was implanted in our brains
Still remains

But on Youtube? Can't find it.

Alienous

Someone's made thousands (at the minimum) off of this, too.

They milked it for its worth before copyright claiming it down.

New002

I mean...you know why it got hit. WB doesn't want it up because it's bringing attention to their BvS troubles. Chances are someone at WB reached out to the publisher and asked them to have it taken down or whatever.

It sucks but you tried to monetize a big video with a copyright and it got on their radar. They probably wanted the video removed originally and then got it down the second claim.

IIRC, you didn't even use the whole song. Shouldn't that fall under fair use?

How much can you cut from a song before it enters fair use territory?

NastyBook

Personally, you should feel proud and take FULL credit for BVS's shitty second week falloff. You made gods bleeds AND butthurt.

kswiston

Seems like the music industry. "Free publicity and a surge in sales for our 50 year old catalogue song? Shut it down!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom