• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda for Wii U reveal @ Nintendo Treehouse: Live by Reggie, June 14 6PMCEST

CaVaYeRo

Just got official PR:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/297723/Fecha+y+hora+de+la+demo+de+Zelda+Wii+U+en+el+E3/

Followed by "all day" livestreams, demos", etc Zelda will get a specially-designed booth for attendants to enjoy.

Reggie is hosting the so-called Nintendo Treehouse: Live. Aonuma says this is a "turning point for the series", and will introduce a new game mechanic, something "never seen on previous games".

EDIT:

Thanks to Get_craycray

ChsQv4YWwAAEzQx.jpg

ChsQv4FWwAMEQgt.jpg

ChsQv5KWsAA-DHD.jpg

And thanks to KingSnake, official teaser site up: http://e3.nintendo.com/

"And that's all the time we have for Zelda U! Coming up, Zelda U! And stay tune because after that, we're gonna have a brand new demo for ZELDA U that you are not gonna wanna miss! Only here, at Treehouse Live!"

kulapik

Weird that they sent PR for Treehouse Live and not for the Nintendo Digital Event.

Edit: Wait, there's no Digital Event at all? Are they seriously ONLY gonna talk about Zelda?

cyba89

So no Digital Event this year?

Showing Zelda all day long will be pretty bad considering this game isn't even out until next year. Such a big content blowout doesn't seem right for a game still so far away.

GRW810

I'm excited for new Zelda so I'm hyped for this.

I know Nintendo have no other playable games at E3 but are they having any further non-Zelda presence at all? Will there be a Direct or Digital Event?

Is the purgatory between Wii U and NX so severe that Nintendo's entire E3 is just Zelda?

javac

Google Translate:
...present a live video called Nintendo Treehouse: Live, giving way to several livestreams to demonstrate Zelda Wii U "all day".In addition, Eiji Aonuma, producer of the franchise, promises that the new game will assume "a turning point by eliminating borders" and ensures that incorporates "a new gameplay never seen before."

In regards to their E3 floor:
"Nintendo will have a stand designed specifically for fans to immerse themselves fully into the world of the next installment of The Legend of Zelda, as it will be the first time that this title can be played. To ensure that attendees experience the freedom of exploration offered by the new game, the Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be the focus of attention at the fair for Nintendo this year, the only game that can be tested at the stand of the company, through demos extended the game."

DJIzana

Really hope they're pushing that exploration HARD. Especially if it's their main push at E3. I want some Xenoblade Chronicles X levels of exploration! (Obviously there won't be skells or probably any equivalent but still! On foot it can easily match!)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just got official PR:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/297723/Fecha+y+hora+de+la+demo+de+Zelda+Wii+U+en+el+E3/

Followed by "all day" livestreams, demos", etc Zelda will get a specially-designed booth for attendants to enjoy.

Reggie is hosting the so-called Nintendo Treehouse: Live. Aonuma says this is a "turning point for the series", and will present a new game mechanic, "never seen on previous games".

You should add the info from the official site in the OP:

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Zalman

Are they not going to promote Pokémon Sun/Moon at all? You know, their biggest title of the year that will most likely outsell Zelda? And they won't even give Paper Mario a push or announce Mother 3? It's weird without a Direct. Maybe all of those things will happen by E3 though.

JoeM86

No Digital Event is sad, but with the NX delay, not unexpected.

Are they not going to promote Pokémon Sun/Moon at all? You know, their biggest title of the year that will most likely outsell Zelda? And they won't even give Paper Mario a push or announce Mother 3? It's weird without a Direct. Maybe all of those things will happen by E3 though.

Well word is that Masuda is at E3...

Roufianos

A reveal for a game that bad an in-game trailer 2 years ago? The way they've handled this game has been shit to the extreme.

vibbon

Neo Member
Extremely excited. I hope we still get a digital event/direct and that they announce some games for the holiday. If not, I'm still okay with just looking forward to Zelda~ <3

I know every Zelda game is great, but I'm beginning to think this one will be really, really good. Nintendo looks really confident about it.

Mato

Did the Sheikah have some kind of technological revolution?

IIRC the original NES Zelda story prototypes had some sci-fi overtones with the Triforce supposedly being a futuristic electonic device of some sort with circuitry etc. It would be great to see that happen.

Top Bottom