• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Hard to believe E3 is only a week away now. Really hoping we hear something about Nintendo VC during their Spotlight video. A VC announcement would get me friggin' pumped.
Other E3s drag for me but this one snuck up on me.
I'm not even hyped but probably will start going bonkers next weekend.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I want to know about Animal Crossing, but I feel like Nintendo is gonna save that for a direct later in the year when they can pimp the mobile game coming soon. Then they can tease the Switch game.

Blues1990

I'm expecting some detailed information about their upcoming releases, along with a couple of surprises in-between. I'm probably looking forward to the Splatoon 2 Tournament that will take place, as the NWC back in 2015 was awesome!

chrono01

That feeling when you don't realize that E3 is a little over a week away.

shock.gif

I seriously cannot wait.

Xiao Hu

I would like many surprises outside their comfort zone(like third party collaborations) no big fan of Animal Crossing though it matters that its shown.
Even Mario x Rabbids is still an rpg with a Mario coat of paint.:/

Pretty much this. Nintendo haven't excited me for a very long time, with BotW being a welcomed exception. I don't want Mario be forced down my throat in every occasion and Splatoon/ARMS are simply not my jam. At least surprise us with a new mature themed IP, genres they haven't tackled yet or great new collaborations with Western developers.

Blues1990

Pretty much this. Nintendo haven't excited me for a very long time, with BotW being a welcomed exception. I don't want Mario be forced down my throat in every occasion and Splatoon/ARMS are simply not my jam. At least surprise us with a new mature themed IP, genres they haven't tackled yet or great new collaborations with Western developers.

I would love to see Nintendo delve into a horror-mystery adventure game (something similar to Famicom Detective Club) or a racing simulator.

I tried telling myself I didn't care and could wait but I'm desperate for more smash bros. Even if it's not releasing this year I hope we get something, even an announcement. Then we can have months of hype and build up. I'm sure there are some surprise announcements I could like but smash bros is what I really want. Just hook it straight into my veins.

Pachimari

I need a game, where I can relax, and go on a small adventure or taking care of something with goal goals per se. I really need a Pokémon game or Animal Crossing. So I'm crossing my fingers for that.

Waji

Beside what we already know, games I just want details about, Xenoblade 2, Mario, Splat 2... I'm not waiting for anything first party especially.

I'm actually looking forward to third party because I think we could be surprised.
And as much as I'm not so interested in Square Enix big games, I like to see the little projects like Lost Spear or Octopath.
Not sure how much these are E3 friendly though. I expect Octopath at the very least.
Curious more than anything since I was quite disapointed by Bravely, but it's mostly because of my expectations.

MTC100

Banned

They'll probably port Metroids Federation Force over to the Switch, that's quite mature for Nintendo xD

They are in need of Multiplayer content if they want to sell their online service.

Jigolo

any leeks? 👀
I remember there was a poster with the tag 10k or 10ki that said he was an insider leaking nintendo shit. I think most of the shit he posted turned out false or something and the guy got banned. Ever since i've never seen such a 180 on a person. Now his posts look like they can hardly craft a sentence. The posts are so stupid and they act so stupid now.

I wouldn't trust any Nintendo leaker

KaneU

New first party games that I am expecting to be announced:

Pikmin 4
Luigi's Mansion 3
Retro's game

If these 3 were to be shown, it would be an amazing E3 for me.

JonnyKong

Is it possible for the new game from Next Level games will turn up, or was that Metroid game too recent?

I just want LM3 so bad.

Pachimari

I one their games to start using the touch-screen. It is mind-boggling how I can't use the screen to navigate menus in Zelda, and organize my items and stuff like that. Why have a touch-screen if their not gonna use it. I feel like their not gonna embrace the touch-screen the same way they did on the 3DS.

JoeM86

I one their games to start using the touch-screen. It is mind-boggling how I can't use the screen to navigate menus in Zelda, and organize my items and stuff like that. Why have a touch-screen if their not gonna use it. I feel like their not gonna embrace the touch-screen the same way they did on the 3DS.

Mario Kart uses it

jariw

All the second screen touch features they removed from the Wii U version of BotW to keep parity with the Switch is more mind-boggling IMO.

MTC100

Banned
One week to new Retro game! Right? Right!?

I won't be metroid though, they aren't capable of doing one. Most likely another DKCR or something. At this point, with all their great game designers gone Retro Studios is about as competent as Rare was when Nintendo ditched them. -Which is not a good thing.

Pachimari

All the second screen touch features they removed from the Wii U version of BotW to keep parity with the Switch is more mind-boggling IMO.

I think that is what I am talking about? Navigating the user interface while in-game? What touch-screen features did the Wii U version have before they were removed?

I won't be metroid though, they aren't capable of doing one. Most likely another DKCR or something. At this point, with all their great game designers gone Retro Studios is about as competent as Rare was when Nintendo ditched them. -Which is not a good thing.

rrrwsjzj.gif

Where is the \s???

SirShandy

With how great Tropical Freeze was, I'm not worried about the quality of their next project.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
New first party games that I am expecting to be announced:

Pikmin 4
Luigi's Mansion 3
Retro's game

If these 3 were to be shown, it would be an amazing E3 for me.

From the rumors, Pikmin4 seems unlikely. unfortunately.
Luigi's Mansion 3, Retro's game and Pokemon Stars (for a Spring '18 release) are more likely imho.

Just popped into this thread to get caught up on news for next week; is there any basis for Luigi's Mansion 3 rumors? Or is it just random talk? Other than a new Metroid there's nothing else I'm hoping more for than LM3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
With E3 next week, this week should be quite exciting too.

Very exciting, actually. Very exciting…
Nintendo of Europe's E3 site (e3.nintendo-europe.com) will hopefully launch. Not sure how similar it will be to e3.nintendo.com, but maybe there will be something new.

Top Bottom