• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Dystify

Rösti;239210076 said:
Nintendo of Europe's E3 site (e3.nintendo-europe.com) will hopefully launch. Not sure how similar it will be to e3.nintendo.com, but maybe there will be something new.

Hmm, I'm hoping there will be something A LITTLE more exciting than that. Just a little though...

Prior to getting my PS4 in December, E3 has always been about Nintendo for me. This year though I'll be paying attention to the other conferences too so I'm very excited for the potential reveals this time around.

As for my Nintendo hopes? Nothing anyone else hasn't mentioned tbh.

I hope we see a lot of XC2 & that Smash gets revealed. The BoTW story DLC would be great too but I think they may save that for later in the year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow I totally forgot about a Luigi's Mansion game. The 3DS game was fantastic.

Dystify

Oh for sure I'd take an announcement. I just don't want a big leak ruining an amazing surprise.

Yeah, leaks suck. I hope Nintendo is careful when their booth is being set up. It would be quite disappointing if the name or images from one of their unannounced games surfaces. We would barely know anything about the game but it would still ruin the surprise effect.

Yeah, leaks suck. I hope Nintendo is careful when their booth is being set up. It would be quite disappointing if the name or images from one of their unannounced games surfaces. We would barely know anything about the game but it would still ruin the surprise effect.

Hopefully if it does happen the game name won't be as self explanatory as Mario Maker haha

Codiox

Why 1080 and no Waverace?

Because I suck at waverace lol

1080 avalanche was a huge part of my GameCube teenage time. Such a good arcade snowboard racer with an awesome soundtrack. It introduced me to my favorite band Seether, so it always have a special place in my book.

Really hoping for at least a tease of Animal Crossing on Switch. Played some MK8D last night with my wife and the AC track just made me want a new game so damn bad.

Also: Anyone think we'll get news on Switch rewards via My Nintendo at E3? I'm thinking they might use that to start off VC on Switch. I just want that damn "coming soon" to go away.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
with Oddissey, FE Warriors, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 already announced, and with Rabbids x Mario already leaked, I'm happy if we don't get any other leak before the Direct.
I mean...we could have already seen the vast majority of games that will be covered

kvetcha

Banned
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to reveal something the week before E3, does it? Would anybody be crazy enough to actually do this?!

Only for the implication that whatever you just announced is significantly less awesome than what you've still got in store.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to reveal something the week before E3, does it? Would anybody be crazy enough to actually do this?!

Why does it seem like you're hinting at something...

Blink twice if it's StarTropics!!

EDIT: I'm guessing if you're hinting at something it's
Pokemon Stars
?

I think Nintendo's showing is definitely my most anticipated one for this year! I feel like I know everything that will be at the Xbox conference and I only use my PS4 for exclusives.

The possibility of seeing Smash or Pokemon Stars or Pikmin 4 or Animal Crossing or a combination of some of those games OR ALL OF THEM. Oh my goodness. I need to settle down.

Mediking

If Pokemon Stars really comes to Switch... lol its over. Wrap it up. Monster Hunter and Pokemon on Switch in Japan? They are also big worldwide IP too.

Animal Crossing on Switch would be another huge thing.

I one their games to start using the touch-screen. It is mind-boggling how I can't use the screen to navigate menus in Zelda, and organize my items and stuff like that. Why have a touch-screen if their not gonna use it. I feel like their not gonna embrace the touch-screen the same way they did on the 3DS.

Mario Kart uses it
The touch screen is pretty good so it's disappointing it's not used more. Makes using portable mode feel all the better.
Hope they patch it into Zelda. Would just be an improvement

I am really wanting to see the following...

1) Harvest Moon/ Star Dew Valley info
2) Wave Race
3) Pilot Wings
4) more on Zelda
5) of course Mario
6) need to show off some sport games
7) Rocket League is my surprise of the show for the switch
8) some other games would be nice

MoonFrog

Jesus...my foolish belief that I will see a new, glorious Metroid has become stronger despite myself.

MTC100

Banned
It would be interesting if they'd announce the Release date for the first part of the Zelda DLC, the Hard Mode and Map Tracking and that Master Sword quest and the date should be be June 13th.

MoonFrog

I do hope that if Sony is to be believed and the Japanese showing is big, that at least some of it is Switch multiplatform. This is a bit of a test case if PS4/Switch will be a thing when it is very much possibly a thing.

KingV

Because I suck at waverace lol

1080 avalanche was a huge part of my GameCube teenage time. Such a good arcade snowboard racer with an awesome soundtrack. It introduced me to my favorite band Seether, so it always have a special place in my book.

Something about the 1080 games just felt really good. They really hit the right mix of realism and fantasy.

As somebody who snowboarded a few times a week during the winter when that game came out it felt mostly realistic even though it obviously had plenty of fantastical elements to it.

I enjoyed SSX also, but SSX the snowboarding was basically just window dressing. Nothing about the board physics or environments seemed anything like real life.

I do hope that if Sony is to be believed and the Japanese showing is big, that at least some of it is Switch multiplatform. This is a bit of a test case if PS4/Switch will be a thing when it is very much possibly a thing.
Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for that. As much as I love my PS4, I enjoy convenience even more so and nothing is more convenient than a device I can carry around and use how I please, even if that comes at the cost of resolution or graphics or frame-rate

KingV

with Oddissey, FE Warriors, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 already announced, and with Rabbids x Mario already leaked, I'm happy if we don't get any other leak before the Direct.
I mean...we could have already seen the vast majority of games that will be covered

Yep, IMO, Nintendo already had the best lineup of games for 2017, which is frankly unbelievable.

I will probably buy everything you have listed except for maybe Rabbids.

On PS4 and X1, it's probably only destiny 2, Shadows of War, and the Insomniac Spider-man game.

Oregano

It's sad but I think we're going to have to come to terms with the fact Nintendo is completely irrelevant for third parties, including Japanese ones. MH5 skipping Switch will be the final nail in the coffin.

emperor_ing

Neo Member
Y'know after seeing people mention Animal Crossing I feel I'm ready for one. I haven't touched New Leaf in ages and never really bothered with the amiibo update. I think if they can work out how to bring in something new, then yeah I'd be all over that.

Of course the thing I'm hanging on most for is Metroid. Especially a 2D one. The Switch has been getting a load of retro styled indie titles and I think that style of game works really well on the system so I think that would carry over into a 2D Metroid. So that's my hope.

That's the first time i see someone wanting a game not to show up.

Whatswrongwithyou.gif

Curious as to why someone wouldn't want an announcement of Nintendo's arguably 3rd biggest IP.

This is wrong. I've waited almost 5 years, and almost 9 for a console version of the main series.

Sorry guys I can't stand Animal Crossing. I have tried playing it but it is beyond boring lol

Top Bottom