• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport - Nürburgring race in spectator mode

Makikou

Well atleast they can't call this a sim looking at how the cars behave and act with road surface (and grass, dirt) and each other.

DieH@rd

Banned
It is worth pointing out that spectator mode does not showcase movements 100% accurate, so sometimes the movements of the cars can look a bit jerky.

While it's nice to have something like this I never watch replays myself or even watch esports but I rather they concentrated on putting their budget on improving the gameplay

Daedardus

It is worth pointing out that spectator mode does not showcase movements 100% accurate, so sometimes the movements of the cars can look a bit jerky.

It's a bit more than sometimes, I felt like it looked really rough, but as I'm understanding it this is not the way the actual game plays?

theWB27

While it's nice to have something like this I never watch replays myself or even watch esports but I rather they concentrated on putting their budget on improving the gameplay

Wouldn't you have to know their budget in order for one to want money to go to a certain area?

Btw...I thought that race was rather exciting.

Loudninja

It's a bit more than sometimes, I felt like it looked really rough, but as I'm understanding it this is not the way the actual game plays?
Remember what these replays are. They are designed to be broadcast to thousands. The data would be highly optimised and compacted and you can literally see the effects of this. It's like lag, and on top of that they wouldn't be running the full physics model either. Make sure you aren't watching any form of network replay before judging physics.

I played the game today (and got a word with Kaz :) ) the car movement I saw looked great, very natural, especially the spins. The way the cars move the in streams is nothing like it.

Makikou

Other thing that bugs me is those cars are either way bigger than they should be OR the track is simply too narrow and track-side objects too small.

Atomski

Man when three cars were neck to neck I was like wow..

Then that first turn they all start bumping into each other. I was like fucking online racing.. dammit.

Freeman

Banned
Are people ignoring the fact the game is incomplete and pointing out missing things that clearly were just not implemented yet?

Solal

The last straight line was very exciting...but he ending, being a bump fest ruins everything: what the point driving well if, in the end, it will end up this way at every hard corner?

Seriously: it was fun to watch...but did the best driver win in the end ? I doubt it.

I'd swear the collisions engine comes from GT1. Ridiculous.

Solal

Are people ignoring the fact the game is incomplete and pointing out missing things that clearly were just not implemented?

People are commenting on what they are shown.

Of course some stuff is going to be corrected... but till then that's what we get.

Are they supposed to write a disclaimer on every post "I am aware the game is not done but..."...?

c0de

Of course some stuff is going to be corrected... but till then that's what we get.

Are they supposed to write a disclaimer on every post "I am aware the game is not done but..."...?
I also don't understand the attitude. Are only positive things allowed when footage is released? If there is notable flickering and lod issues, why not point them out? There is not much to say otherwise.

jaypah

It's not even a revelation. Practically every thread on GAF that pertains to an unfinished game will have discussion based on the media that we currently have available. I'm not sure why this game would get a pass or be an exception, especially considering how high-profile it is.

Solal

Wait till we get the first "Don't you know Kaz already said it's gonna be patched ?" after the game releases unfinished and half cooked. ;-)

We've been there already with PD.

M52B28

Banned
With the reactions I've been reading about this game, I can't understand why PD is showing this game in the incomplete state that it's in.

Calabi

The last straight line was very exciting...but he ending, being a bump fest ruins everything: what the point driving well if, in the end, it will end up this way at every hard corner?

Seriously: it was fun to watch...but did the best driver win in the end ? I doubt it.

It must be unfixable at this stage if they still cant figure it out. It's supposed to be the best physics except when you interact with other cars(which is like half of what racing is about), they might as well make it like Trackmania.

Solal

Too bad the game still had months of development to go right?

Anyway: they feel at ease showing this, that means they think they feel close enough to the final result to show what they got. In case you wonder, they show this to us thinking that is good enough to make us want to buy their game.

We are completly entitled to tell them otherwise.

And : it took 3 years and almost 20 years experience since GT1 to get there...and they are gonna fix everything in...6 months ?

Sure...

real problem is -- its looks probably pretty final

For Sport perhaps, but not GT7. If anything they're just getting worried about the amount of cash being poured into development and are being forced to sell a demo to sustain development for the length of time they want. It's that or rush something incomplete out the door like DriveClub.

Guessing the final game will be a Neo showcase.

Solal

For Sport perhaps, but not GT7. If anything they're just getting worried about the amount of cash being poured into development and are being forced to sell a demo to sustain development for the length of time they want. It's that or rush something incomplete out the door like DriveClub.

Guessing the final game will be a Neo showcase.

They will probably end up releasing an unfinished game anyway (GT5 and GT6 say hi)...

Regarding the Neo: i d say u are right on the graphics side. But all the rest is just hopeless...

Does Gran Turismo still not have collision detection and a damage model? I haven't played GT for years and I assumed they would have implemented it. That looked like bumper cars. Surprising.

Solal

Does Gran Turismo still not have collision detection and a damage model? I haven't played GT for years and I assumed they would have implemented it. That looked like bumper cars. Surprising.

Haven't red anything about the damages. Did I miss the info?

They will probably end up releasing an unfinished game anyway (GT5 and GT6 say hi)...

Regarding the Neo: i d say u are right on the graphics side. But all the rest is just hopeless...

They're definitely close to losing their reputation completely, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt one last time. I have no interest in Sport, but I'm pretty sure GT7 will show vast improvements given how much longer it has in development and the Neo.

Buying Sport is pretty much like buying a Steam Early Access game. You're funding development of the final game, and playing an early build knowing it'll be a little rough around the edges and short on content. Hopefully the price reflects that.

jett

D-Member
This isn't any different than what was shown before really, but that was cool finish to the race.

Those bumper car physics a goddamn disgrace though. Fucking Ridge Racer penalized you more for crashing into another car over 20 years ago.

Solal

They're definitely close to losing their reputation completely, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt one last time. I have no interest in Sport, but I'm pretty sure GT7 will show vast improvements given how much longer it has in development and the Neo.

Buying Sport is pretty much like buying a Steam Early Access game. You're funding development of the final game, and playing an early build knowing it'll be a little rough around the edges and short on content. Hopefully the price reflects that.

GT sport is 60€ or 70€ for the deluxe edition. Hu hu hu...

Falchion

That yellow car that went off the track looked so jerry and unnatural. Hopefully it was just some spectator mode lag that won't be there when you're racing and see someone else do it.

pager99

Welcome to every car game ever

Top Bottom