• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport - Nürburgring race in spectator mode

terrible

Banned
Would the perfect game look like Driveclub, have GT6's car list, sound like R3E, drive like rFactor 2, and have online play as good as iRacing's? The only thing I haven't seen GT Sport compared to yet is RF2, the rest I've seen lol. Ouch.

Odorono

Banned
Would the perfect game look like Driveclub, have GT6's car list, sound like R3E, drive like rFactor 2, and have online play as good as iRacing's? The only thing I haven't seen GT Sport compared to yet is RF2, the rest I've seen lol. Ouch.

Change that to drive like Assetto Corsa and you got it!

Change that to drive like Assetto Corsa and you got it!
Is it really fair to have such expectations in an era where game development is longer and more complex than ever? People seem to want the ultimate racing game for $60. That simply might not be possible. I feel the FF7 remake is also having a hard time with similar kinds of legacy expectations.

Edit:
I think I've been spoiled by DriveClub (yeah, GT is 60fps, I know).
It's not just 30fps. DC has much fewer cars on the track. It doesn't have the physics model of a sim. And DC will have less cars after all DLC than GTS at launch. People are really selling GTS short. Oh and lets not forget the state DC launched in. 55 cars? No online? No weather?

Niks

6 months for PD is like 5 days in real time.

2848f42604f825ee_kristen-laugh-cry-1436968659.xxxlarge.gif

malyce

That's been filtered to hell and back. Your not actually seeing all the inputs the divers make so the replay appears smoother...but it's also fucking docile.

I seriously question how many races you've seen if you call that boring shit driving, real.
Lol

The right answer is a little bit from column A and a little from column B.

lol.. I've put an ungodly amount of time in both GT and iRacing.. I've also had the pleasure of racing with the top drivers/finalists from multiple years of GTA, and some top guys from iRacing.. this isn't me taking out of my ass here, the car behavior in the vid I posted is a lot more natural than any GTS video posted so far.

Not to mention, from some of the nurb vids posted from the press event a few weeks back, the game is still ridiculously forgiving, allowing for stunts by some drivers that they wouldn't dare pull in other sims.

Boring shit driving.. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZO2H-z_fO8

Unknown?

Haven't red anything about the damages. Did I miss the info?

Damn people here are so uninformed! How can you comment with no actual knowledge? Some of the answers were RIGHT in the first page.

1) Yes the physics look crap in this, these online replays are for thousands of spectators. The data is compacted to allow that many viewers. Physics aren't in full obviously.

2) They have confirmed damage will be in the game.

3) I bet people still don't know this game will have weather and time of day because they only read that one thread. They both will be in there just not dynamic.

I'm not too worried about the game, all of the negativity comes from people who jump to assumptions.

thelastword

Banned
Looks like internet has already decided the fate of this game. Good luck Kaz.

kazdancez5zxv.gif
It's crazy because the game is not even out yet, so many of us have not even sampled it yet. If GT is so bad, I wonder why persons don't play the superior racers they deem to be out there and let those who like GT discuss it.

It's crazy because the game is not even out yet, so many of us have not even sampled it yet. If GT is so bad, I wonder why persons don't play the superior racers they deem to be out there and let those who like GT discuss it.

I remember people posting the same kind of thing on the PlayStation boards before GT5 came out. Expect to be disappointed. People are delusional if they think there will be drastic fundamental changes to the quality of the game before release.

Solal

Damn people here are so uninformed! How can you comment with no actual knowledge? Some of the answers were RIGHT in the first page.

1) Yes the physics look crap in this, these online replays are for thousands of spectators. The data is compacted to allow that many viewers. Physics aren't in full obviously.

2) They have confirmed damage will be in the game.

3) I bet people still don't know this game will have weather and time of day because they only read that one thread. They both will be in there just not dynamic.

I'm not too worried about the game, all of the negativity comes from people who jump to assumptions.

Kaz said that they have a damage engine working internally...but that it was not activated in the London build. Which, knowing Kaz is all but a confirmation that they will be in the final build. Is it what you are refering to ?

Plus, do we know what kind of damages they are working on? Visual? Mechanical? Engine failures?

Next time, would you mind avoiding that condescending tone and answer (or not answer) in a nice way? That does not make you look cool you know. The opposite actually. Tx

Looks worse than I expected, but then again if that means VR on the Neo (or even stock PS4), I don't care, as I know how good that'll look even with those assets.

Still surprised so few know about replay quality physics, but then again collision physics were never GT's strong suit. Hardly any racing game does them well, anyway, especially on consoles.

bud

Kaz said that they have a damage engine working internally...but that it was not activated in the London build. Which, knowing Kaz is all but a confirmation that they will be in the final build. Is it what you are refering to ?

Plus, do we know what kind of damages they are working on? Visual? Mechanical? Engine failures?

Next time, would you mind avoiding that condescending tone and answer (or not answer) in a nice way? That does not make you look cool you know. The opposite actually. Tx

haha, i don't get why you spend so much time and energy criticising something you don't even seem to be interested in. i ask because i see your posts all the time in these threads.

honestly, what's the point?

Solal

haha, i don't get why you spend so much time and energy criticising something you don't even seem to be interested in. i ask because i see your posts all the time in these threads.

honestly, what's the point?

yeah...i know. It's just that it really depresses me to see Kaz leading the series straight into a wall of bricks. And people praising him for it.

I feel he couldn't do this if the "community" was more vocal.

To me, the parallel with the PES series is pretty obvious. GT is the most important series in my gaming life.
I am 40... imported GT1 from Japan... then GT2...was there for the release of GT3... I just absolutly adored the series...and then GT5 happened...

Jamesways

Neogaf is now PretendRaceCars level of cynicism and pessimism. Racing game nihlists.
Everyone appreciates and values NOTHING anymore.

"Looks fucking terrible"
"Sucks"
"Garbage"

I don't get the negativity in any racing game thread, it's a pretty cool time to be alive as a console owner.

Did any of you sally sad pants ever think you'd see a generation where 3 PC only sims are on console? pCARS, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, out now or will be available for you to complain about and say are complete shit! You have other options now than just GT and FM. Are people happy? Nope, not at all. Everything's terrible.

I can't believe the racing community some days.

I understand people are disappointed, and I'm not saying PD doesn't need to step it up, especially with these other dev's game's full of features, but at least wait to see more the full released version before just proclaiming it's complete utter trash. Or hey, even try it yourself.
Wait, people don't need to play these to make judgements, right? You can totally get the full experience of the physics and feedback feel by just watching a 30 sec clip.
:/

Looking good for a PS2 title ;)
Really? REALLY?!
27431191501_fc2f5e6392_o.jpg

27404183832_8ea89e02f8_o.jpg

FFS

Also Solai, saying something positive of pCARS on the internet makes you an SMS shill!!!
I frickin' love pCARS!

Solal

Neogaf is now PretendRaceCars level of cynicism and pessimism. Racing game nilists.
Everyone appreciates and values NOTHING anymore.

"Looks fucking terrible"
"Sucks"
"Garbage"

I don't get the negativity in any racing game thread, it's a pretty cool time to be alive as a console owner.

Did you sally sad pants ever think you'd see a generation where 3 PC only sims are on console? pCARS, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, out now or will be available for you to complain about and say are complete shit! You have other options now than just GT and FM. Are people happy? Nope, not at all. Everything's terrible.

I can't believe the racing community some days.

I understand people are disappointed, and I'm not saying PD doesn't need to step it up, especially with these other dev's game's full of features, but at least wait to see more the full released version before just proclaiming it's complete utter trash. Or hey, even try it yourself.
Wait, people don't need to play these to make judgements, right? You can totally get the full experience of the physics and feedback feel by just watching a 30 sec clip.
:/

Really?
27431191501_fc2f5e6392_o.jpg

27404183832_8ea89e02f8_o.jpg

FFS

Also Solai, saying something positive of pCARS on the internet makes you an SMS shill!!!
I frickin' love pCARS!

I see your point: it's a great time to be a car lover on consoles. P cars, Dirt Rallye, Forza, DC, Forza horizons, Need for speed, Trackmania, etc...

But does it mean we can't regret Gt's state ? Or even that those who criticize GT don't play other games (I feel those who DEFEND PD are the ones who don't realize that there are other car games out there, that do many things better than GT now).

So...yes: I love P cars, DC and Asseto corsa... but I still feel so sad and angry about my beloved GT.

Jamesways

I see your point: it's a great time to be a car lover on consoles. P cars, Dirt Rallye, Forza, DC, Forza horizons, Need for speed, Trackmania, etc...

But does it mean we can't regret Gt's state ? Or even that those who criticize GT don't play other games (I feel those who DEFEND PD are the ones who don't realize that there are other car games out there, that do many things better than GT now).

So...yes: I love P cars, DC and Asseto corsa... but I still feel so sad and angry about my beloved GT.
Not in the least. My rant was more about the racing game community in general. Go into any of the major game threads and it's a ton of complaining and drive-by shitposts.

I definitely do understand people's disappointment given what PD is showing in regards to how long it's been in development.

Personally I'm waiting to see everything GTS has to offer. I'm not too hot on the e-sport online angle, as I usually enjoy SP careers. But skipping GT5 and 6 last gen (had a 360 only), I'm eager to play one again.

I really did like your pCARS post outlining some of the great features it has. No other game comes close for me for the thrill of the actual racing. Trying to get one last decent lap qualifying in traffic as it starts to rain at sunset is just awesome. Stress inducing, but awesome. I actually feel like a driver on a team in this game, which is just what I've wanted out of a racing sim for a long time.

And I love all the options for visual and graphics settings. I have the seat position set on the d-pad directions so I can adjust to the ideal FOV on the fly depending on the car I'm in. Fantastic.

I can't wait for AC in August as well.

Top Bottom