• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totino's Presents: Sonic 25th Anniversary Bee Farm and Vacuuming Convention

How excited are you for Sonic Mania?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KNT-Zero

Just announced by the official Sonic Twitter acct.

MKgmTIT.png

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/sonicofficial

Sonic Generations 2, anyone?

Delete me fast if old.

t1469239200z4.png

I've said it before, but i'm going to be disappointed if they don't bring classic Sonic back for the new game considering they've continually used his design in the promotion of the 25th anniversary of the series.

Hopefully it's a new game for 2017, alongside re-releases of the classic Genesis games for PS4 and XB1 this year. Seems odd they haven't done this already.

MrBadger

I've said it before, but i'm going to be disappointed if they don't bring classic Sonic back for the new game considering they've continually used his design in the promotion of the 25th anniversary of the series.

Same here. Their excuse for not using the best design and the best gameplay style in a series that has a very confused identity is weak.

marmoka

Banned
Sonic 2006 Remastered!!! With more loading screens and bestiality!!

Happy 25th anniversary!!

Now seriously, I'm really hyped for the new game.

They're going to show off Sonic: Global Operations (a F2P FPS), and SonicShuffle.com (a gambling site for weapon skins from that game).

TrueBlue

Give me the Sonic Generations template - Modern and Classic Sonic - but a whole new adventure with original levels to explore. Classic stages could be released as DLC or something.

Jhn

Give me the Sonic Generations template - Modern and Classic Sonic - but a whole new adventure with original levels to explore. Classic stages could be released as DLC or something.

Yes. Generations, but all new stuff. This is all I want.

KNT-Zero

This would make sense. Having a new excuse to make use of Classic Sonic for the anniversary while keeping Modern Sonic to keep with the times.

Trying to temper my excitement for this but I can't help being hyped. Please give me a new 2D Classic Sonic game/Generations 2/SART2 and I'm there Day 1.

Side note, I wonder how a mobile Chao garden game would go over. I don't think it would set the world on fire like PokemonGo but I would be interested

A current-gen Sonic game that isn't Nintendo exclusive, that's what I'm expecting.

A Sonic Adventure 3 would be the bees knees, as long as it is more like the first and less like the second.

Crayolan

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be a troll stream run by RubyEclipse that doesn't show the actual game trailer until after an hour of fake teases and Big jokes.

The worst thing about this is there's no way a significant number of people aren't disappointed with whatever they announce.

You've got at least a fair number of people wanting adventure 3, some others after generations 2 and then a group wanting a real 'sonic 4' game.

And probably more. They can't win.

Cn1rwZgW8AAEDEy.jpg

Obligatory Hype Train.

I have no idea what to expect with this mythical new Sonic game. I'm just really hoping it doesn't leak for once, I want to be surprised there and then. I just don't want nostalgia-pandering really... no sequels. A new Sonic experience is what I want, now 'SA3' or Generations 2.

...at this point, they could show a GIF of Sonic riding a chicken and I'd probably be hyped though.

MrBadger

The worst thing about this is there's no way a significant number of people aren't disappointed with whatever they announce.

You've got at least a fair number of people wanting adventure 3, some others after generations 2 and then a group wanting a real 'sonic 4' game.

And probably more. They can't win.

Let them be disappointed. If the game is good, they'll come around and play it. What I really want is for Sonic to stop paying lip service to the classics by reusing set pieces and badniks without actually getting the gameplay right, and instead make an actual sequel where they nail the gameplay, and give us new zones and badniks to fight in the old style. Like Mega Man 9 but with HD graphics. But I'll take anything so long as at least 70% of the game is good. Generations had the common decency to drop off a fucking cliff in the last act, after all the cool stuff.

Plus I'm sure there's some overlap between people who would like Gens 2 and people who would like Sonic 4 - Sorry Edition. And the people who want SA3 don't know what they want beyond butt rock and chao gardens tbh

Same here. Their excuse for not using the best design and the best gameplay style in a series that has a very confused identity is weak.

I remember Iizuka saying the classic Sonic from Generations was supposed to be a one off thing because of the 20th anniversary celebration. But that just comes across as a stubborn mindset given that his design and his stages were very well received for the game. Why ignore that?

Top Bottom