• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Totino's Presents: Sonic 25th Anniversary Bee Farm and Vacuuming Convention

How excited are you for Sonic Mania?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrBadger

I remember Iizuka saying the classic Sonic from Generations was supposed to be a one off thing because of the 20th anniversary celebration. But that just comes across as a stubborn mindset given that his design and his stages were very well received for the game. Why ignore that?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. They have a gameplay style and character design that most people like and just...don't use it because they want it to be a one off thing. We could have been getting a string of classic Sonic 3DS games or something between Gens and now, instead of all these junky side games. I mean they've proven themselves capable with Gens (and Dimps had like one or two good levels in the handheld version when they weren't ripping maps from the original games) and they've taken on board the talent of fans in the past.

jax

Banned
Give me the Sonic Generations template - Modern and Classic Sonic - but a whole new adventure with original levels to explore. Classic stages could be released as DLC or something.
Agreed. But generations was too short. Longer with better graphics/more open world.

Camjo-Z

Please just be Generations 2 or Adventure 3 and not something new that throws all the old progress of Sonic in 3D out the window in favor of more gimmicks.

I'm just going to come out and say my dream Sonic game: Super Sonic Maker.

Never before have I wanted an idea to be ripped off so much.

I feel like this game might have another playstyle alongside Sonic.

From my understanding, this game is being made by the same team that produced Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations, seperate from the team that produced Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World which both focus solely on one Sonic with some gimmicks thrown in like the Wisps. Both Unleashed and Generations feature an additional form of Sonic that plays differently from the usual modern boost gameplay, the werehog in the former and Classic Sonic in the latter.

Give me a large scale, polished, bright, beautiful platformer. Something like Sonic 3 & Knuckles was back in the day. No Werehogs, no assy final bosses like Time Eater, none of that shit. Just pure polished platforming goodness.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Just give me another Adventure-style game, and I'll be happy.

I know Sonic Team fucked up big time with 06 and have since avoided the Adventure formula like the plague, but that doesn't mean they can't try again. Just make Sonic fast with open-ended level design and a plot that isn't completely mindless drivel.

Also, bring back the Chao Garden.

Watch it be absolutely nothing.

tumblr_nnlkwuPSi51tjbocqo1_500.gif

Hope fully the new game is worth a damn. Please don't be another classics retread.

Until the game is released next year, remasters could really tide me over. I wouldn't mind an 06 HD remaster without loading times, with polished controls, the intended day/night cycle system, consistent 60fps and less bugs. An Unleashed remaster that ran at 60 fps, tweaked medal progression, and snappier day/night cycle system. And a Generations that runs at 60fps/1080p.

I'd love if they did a definitive Generations with all the original levels from the console and handheld versions as well as a bunch more. It'd be cool to see them add all the Unleashed daytime levels too, since those are on the same engine. I know there's the Project Unleashed on PC but having them brought over officially and worked into a new story would be nice.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am mighty intrigued what they have cooked up for the 20th anniversary game from the Generations team. If anything, it'll be the most polished game, and they've been talking up the quality of this game for a while to really deliver on what Sonic deserves. See how they deliver the announcement of that.

Just look good and fun. Classic, modern, Adventure, Generations, do whatever so long as it's a high speed platformer that looks fun.

Can't believe it will be three years without a true (don't count the mobile game) Sonic Team game in october... That secret game has to be really ambitious, I'm hoping it will be something great.

ShadiWulf

The stream is going to be four hours long

leE5887.png

I wonder if this means 3 hours of Crush 40 playing live, All 4 hours can't be announcements obviously

G0523

Geez, we gotta wait till 9pm EST on a Friday?! Some of us have things to do. Friends to hang out with. Dates to go on. Parties to go to...

Who am I kidding? We're Sonic fans.

Aki-at

Shame about the timing of the event, it'd be 2am in the UK and I can't wait 5 hours just to watch one trailer haha.

Ah well at least in the following morning I'll know if I should be hyped or not. Still not expecting Sonic Generations 2 but something that does harken back to the old days whilst trying to satisfy some of the modern fans I feel.

Yukinari

So we're finally gonna get proper PC ports of Heroes, Sonic 06, Unleashed and Colors right? As an added bonus, a Taxman port of Knuckles Chaotix.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The stream is going to be four hours long

leE5887.png

I wonder if this means 3 hours of Crush 40 playing live, All 4 hours can't be announcements obviously

Legend of Zelda E3 approach, just hours of gameplay.

Yeah, probably Crush40 playing.

The game is Sonic 5. sonic_hedgehog replied to IGN with a badly drawn picture of Sonic 5 ("too much water - IGN"), we've had a parody of Metal Gear Solid 5, as well as one of Halo 5 (with the title outright being "Sonic 5").

Camjo-Z

The game is Sonic 5. sonic_hedgehog replied to IGN with a badly drawn picture of Sonic 5 ("too much water - IGN"), we've had a parody of Metal Gear Solid 5, as well as one of Halo 5 (with the title outright being "Sonic 5").

If it's a 2D game they really need to get the physics right this time. Classic Sonic in Generations was neat but played nothing like the actual classics, and the less said about Sonic 4's gameplay the better.

Zomba13

At this point I think it's either Generations 2 (or something in that vein) or it'll be a massive, over-hyped let down.

I seriously don't want a Sonic 5 after 4-1 and 4-2. Both were just not good.

I mean, 5 could be ok if it was just the 2D stuff from Generations expanded to its own game. I liked the 2D physics there.

Elija2

I'd hope that after nearly 3 years of quiet development Sonic Team gives us something new and not just a Sonic 5 or Generations 2.

KNT-Zero

At this point I think it's either Generations 2 (or something in that vein) or it'll be a massive, over-hyped let down.

I seriously don't want a Sonic 5 after 4-1 and 4-2. Both were just not good.

I mean, 5 could be ok if it was just the 2D stuff from Generations expanded to its own game. I liked the 2D physics there.

Yeah SEGA would be plainly stupid to make another Sonci game in the style of 4, when it's hardly embraced by the market...

Top Bottom