• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We'll get back to regularly scheduled Destiny programming in the next OT.
For now, our tribute stands.​

Information on the current Light progression methods if you're feeling lost: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217734899&postcount=13634

(Memorial site established by Drizz's wife at http://www.allenmackey.com)
This OT (and OT42 before it) presented due to the invaluable efforts of Lnkn52 and JohnOfMars, who provided graphics, writing, and collected stats from across the web.
My sincerest thanks also to all those throughout DestinyGAF who provided stories, images, and videos.
Special recognition is due to Macello as well, for taking the intiative to set up a fund for our contributions and have the "Guardian Angel" bouquet delivered.

This thread is a continuing tribute to and celebration of Dr. Drizzay's life and the immeasurable impact he had on our community.

DGAF_2016-Drizzay_02.png

DGAF_2016-Drizzay_03.png

No corner of our community was untouched by his legacy.

For collected stories, memories, statistics and more, please see the original tribute posts from OT42:

Part 1 (what you see here plus recollections and stories)
Part 2 (more recollections and stories)
Part 3 (additional stories, collected statistics about Drizz, and a call to action for DGAF)
Part 4 (neoak's tale of getting Drizz's NetDuma)

If you're curious about the OT43 title- here's my reasoning:
We do need a title for OT43. Since the tribute will remain, it can be Drizz-related, or have something to do with Rise of Iron or Wrath of the Machine. Feel free to post your contenders!

Personally, I've been reallllllllllly enjoying the new raid. I kinda feel like Drizz would've liked it a lot, too. While not perfect of course, it does a lot of the things I heard him talking about liking in other raids and basically avoiding the stuff he lamented in CE and KF.

I can't wait to get in again and again, and start helping people through it- honestly it and playing with you all again has reignited my love for the game in more ways than one after becoming pretty stagnant. So I don't know if it's presumptuous but my offering is:

Destiny |OT♦43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

DGAF_2016-Drizzay_05.png

DGAF_2016-Drizzay_06.png

A tribute for every OT, imo. Doesn't have to be this exact one but something.

Here's to hoping Trials begins tomorrow. I want to bring the Drizz PLAYZ this weekend.

I miss you so much, bro.

CLBridges

Been sick the last couple days but feeling better now. Used my time off from work to grind a bit, LL 254 but I'm enjoying ROI. Back to work tomorrow but hope I can get raid ready by the weekend, gonna avoid trials though. RIP Drizz

Fistwell

Who was the original owner of the raid group?
WolfLycan543/taco543. He looks to be offline right now.

Anyone need 1 for raid?
Yo Seep. There was a group supposed to go at 9pm (civilized continental europe time), 20mins ago. We were 2 people short, and one of the guys dropped out. So I don't know what's happening but we'd have room for you. Assuming the raid is actually still happening. Here's what it's looking like right now:

1. taco543 (?)
2. zombiemortar
3. festwill
4. Seep (?)

First memorial thread went by fast, glad this is a continuation and we don’t have to move on so quickly. If only he was around for this binary monitor business, he would’ve dismantled it and been the go-to guy, I feel. Still thinking of ya, Drizz.

Yo Seep. There was a group supposed to go at 9pm (civilized continental europe time), 20mins ago. We were 2 people short, and one of the guys dropped out. So I don't know what's happening but we'd have room for you. Assuming the raid is actually still happening.

You just want to crank up a new list?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No reason not to do a tribute for every OT. He should forever live on through us.
A tribute for every OT, imo. Doesn't have to be this exact one but something.

Here's to hoping Trials begins tomorrow. I want to bring the Drizz PLAYZ this weekend.

I miss you so much, bro.
I think the suggestion was to at least include a mention of Drizz's legacy and link back to OT42 in all future threads. Maybe we could snip a random memory/story to include each time as well.

Seep

Yo Seep. There was a group supposed to go at 9pm (civilized continental europe time), 20mins ago. We were 2 people short, and one of the guys dropped out. So I don't know what's happening but we'd have room for you. Assuming the raid is actually still happening. Here's what it's looking like right now:

1. taco543 (?)
2. zombiemortar
3. festwill
4. Seep (?)

Best time? Sure!

SheHateMe

As always, great OT.

Meanwhile, I'm pissed. PISSED. Well, not that pissed.

Just salty that I missed out on Omnigul farming.

Forever 352.

I've never been particularly active in DGaf but I used the threads a lot earlier in Destiny's life and was helped through several things by Drizz and today I noticed he hadn't been online and thought that strange, he always was. Only now do I see this new thread and that he has passed away. How utterly tragic. I feel obliged to do my all and guide my casual Destiny friends through things as joyfully as he did.

:(

1. taco543 (?)
2. zombiemortar
3. festwill
4. Seep (?)
5. darkistheway
I have just short of two hours but I'm ready right now

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Nice OT!

IS the Spekis 320 still viable for 350+?

Also, running that and Heroic Strikes is anyone wants to join.

Top Bottom