• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

NeOak

Just a small bump to update Gaming side that the new Destiny |OT| is up in Community and our 42nd thread is a full tribute to Drizz:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270014

Thanks Hawkian and others who contributed :)

I have set up the Gofundme for Drizz's flowers here: http://gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

If there is anything you think I need to add to the campaign, let me know. Everyone who visits will know what it is for.

Most of us in the Destiny OT are still trying to comprehend what has happened.

The best person in that community, who kept us together and helped countless people in their quest to become Legend across multiple platforms, has passed.

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
<Link Removed>

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.

We received kind words in the OT from Bungie employees and GAF members Luke Smith and Eric Osborne (Urk)

Drizzay never had to become Legend.
He was one.

My sincerest condolences to the folks here who were close to him (the stories and screenshots make me misty), and my heart breaks for his family.

33. There aren't any words that will make sense out of that. I can't imagine what the family is going through, given the positive impact he had on so many of you. You have my condolences.

Please let me know if you decide to set something up for his family.

And a great tweet from urk:
J0L4V63.png

As well as other members of the community

I leave you with some of his words, said in jest to fellow member igordennis, but that have taken a different meaning with today's news.

jYuJUH4.png

sephi22

WTF..
RIP DrDrizzay

While my tenure among Destiny-GAF was short, Drizzay was a legend among all my friends. I knew who you were talking about when I read the title, and was hoping it wasn't true. Even though I've never played with him, I knew he was pretty much D-GAF's poster boy.

May you enjoy your sweet raids in heaven Drizzay.

Falifax

It's almost indescribable how much time and effort he has put to the Destiny community. One of the kindest persons I've met on the internet.

RIP, our friend.

Ruff

I don't even play the game or know the dude, and this thread makes me feel sad. From reading the other thread he was obviously a person well loved by his friends here and it's a damn shame something like this happened to him.

Rest in peace.

Namikaze1

Cross posting from OT:

We lost a great leader and friend. You've done so much for our community. You were the one that kept this community going. Whenever someone needed help with something, you were always the first to reach out. So many folks got to Mercury, completed their MoT Year 1 requirements, killed Skolas, and beat the raid (flawless or not) thanks to you. Whenever we got out of control here or lost our minds, you were there to steer the ship back on course. You did so much for us and we never got to say thanks for it all. You didn't had to take time away from your life to help us out with Mercury or raid runs but you always did. So thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for this community. You may be gone now but you will not be forgotten. Rest in peace, DrDrizzay101.

RIP my only regret was I stopped playing with Drizzay and the DestinyGAF community after year 1 of destiny. Drizzay will never be forgotten.

I leave you with some of his words, said in jest to fellow member igordennis, but that have taken a different meaning with today's news.

jYuJUH4.png

We were talking about something as ordinary as doing reset trials here and yet it rings truer than ever now. Rest in peace my great friend, you were the best of us. The most kind and humble person i have ever had the pleasure to meet on the internet and in real life.

759.gif

Reposting this from the DGAF thread:

Drizzay, I may of pissed you off MULTIPLE times on our Trials runs.
I may of pissed you off when I was on my Warlock Defense Mode.
I may of pissed you off when I found Legendary Marks on a horrible Trials run.

But, I always counted you to be there for me. You were one of the most respectful guys I have ever met on DestinyGAF and I still can't believe you are gone. You held this community together through the great times and through the bad. You were someone who anyone can ask questions about the game whether it be a dumb one to ask or a great one.

You were the Guardian that all of us want to be. I know that sounds super cheesy but I don't give a fuck. You brought the hype and rage in Trials better than any of us as well. I am going to miss hearing "LETS FUCKING GO!" from you my man.

I will miss you.

How do you react to the sudden and tragic loss of a friend you've known, talked and played with for almost 2 years...I don't even know.

RIP DrDrizzay101, Mr. Destiny GAF and the OG Guardian.

rWm5WlC.jpg

Reposting from the DGAF thread:

I don't even know where to begin right now. I'm shocked and heartbroken.

Drizz wasn't just a part of DGAF. He was DGAF. He was everything that was great about this community. He did so much for all of us and asked for nothing in return.

Drizz, I will never forget everything you have done for me. I will forever cherish everything you gave to us here and miss you deeply. You were an incredible person, someone I would call friend, and the best Blade Dancer I have ever met in Destiny.

Rest in Peace Dr Drizzay.

taco543

In life the only certainty is death. Though I never knew drizz, a short view at dgaf and his kindness and generosity is clearly apparent. On the other side, whatever it may be, I'm certain he will be welcomed and embraced by former loved ones and his light will only burn brighter through his family that mourns him. It's always tragic when a member of a community passes, but when it's one as strong, passionate, and kind hearted as drizz was, it's effect is immeasurable. His family will continue, we will continue, and his pillar will remain, because of the strong foundation he built with the community here, as well as the community involved in his personal life. Condolences to his family and to his friends.

RIP Brother.
A loss to NeoGAF, and the world as whole. With solace brother.

Ken

Wow RIP.

Drizz took me with his group for a few weeks for raid resets even though I had never done CE before and he was super friendly and helpful.

Kyoufu

RIP to one of the best guys I've interacted with on this forum and the internet in general. He will be truly missed. Heartbreaking :(

WHAT THE FUCK, Drizzay !?

Jesus, this is so unexpected, I didnt know he had an illness that bad , my condolences to his family

I cooped with him, he took me to raids,strikes, last minute nightfalls even trials. Oh lord this is sad news for Destiny gaf and so young . I am gonna miss him

inthrall

Reposting from the other thread. I also joined in on him helping someone out for some Nightfalls last week, still half-lost for words. Tearing up at work..

Shit, this hits me hard. We ran some scrubby Heroic Strikes last week, and he didn't have a mic, so we were trading banter in the Discord about him missing his Shadowshots on Omnighul. This is the guy who carried me to my first Flawless Lighthouse run, and helped me achieve Guardian Lord back in Crota's End. We ran numerous trains, and I'm forever grateful for his help in these parts of the game, its one of the main reasons I kept coming back to this community. He will definitely be missed.

May your Shadowshots never miss wherever you are now.

Top Bottom