• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

WipedOut

I didn't know him for long but we had many adventures in Destiny the short time I did know him. He always wanted to help, even if it was 5am in the morning. He was the epitome of the DGAF community. Drizz was the D in DGAF. We'll all miss you Drizz!!

My highlight with Drizz. Final Boss Hype and kept pushing us to victory.
https://www.twitch.tv/wip3dout/v/52935282

Drizz was one of the best people I ever had the pleasure of meeting, such a positive and selfless guy. I'm glad to have been able to call you a friend. I can't properly articulate how great you truly were. See you on the other side, goodbye my friend.

RIP

I never heard of him until now but he seemed like a good gamer but most importantly, a good human being. My condolences to his friends and family.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Drizzay and Stabie helped me get my Raze Lighter...fuck, he carried me through HM Crota in the earlyish days when I didn't even have a rocket launcher with tracking. Dude was my Destiny hero.

R.I.P

SpecX

No no no, this can't be true. RIP Drizz, you were a great person, so damn amazing and helpful to the DGAF community. This really hit me and I will always remember the times we played together and how much he gave to the DGAF community.

Such sad news. RIP. Destiny wasn't a game I played so I never knew him. He sounds like an amazing person to chat or game with. Sorry to my fellow gaffers in that community for yalls loss. Sorry to his family and friends as well

Unstable

Drizzay's wife reached out to me inform of his passing this morning. I just looked at the message she sent for what felt like hours. After letting it process, my first thought was "Well, who's going to write the OTs now!?" Seems kind of silly now but he really was Mr. DGAF. It's not an exaggeration to say that he helped every member of the DestinyGAF community in some way.

Only now do I realize how lucky I was to have considered him a friend.

Auctopus

That's awful. RIP. I was only a member of DGAF for a short time at the beginning of the year and I remember him being so helpful.

At a loss for words. Drizzay helped so many of us, and his sudden loss is devastating. There are so many stories each of us had with him, and even with that many, each of us felt something special.

Drizzay always had time for us.
Drizzay always believed in us.
Drizzay always wanted to help us achieve our dreams.

Drizzay can never be replaced, but he will be remembered.

Haven't played the game but man, this is such unfortunate news. My condolences to the family. So young, and they sounded like a really great person :(

Carl

Wasn't really a member of DGAF apart from raiding with people a few times at the beginning, so i never had the pleasure of getting to know him. He sounds like a wonderful person. Rest in peace, fellow Guardian.

Baliis

Wow, what a terrible loss. I haven't played Destiny in a while now but he's one of the names I remember well from when I did.

Kilau

Gold Member
Every time I talked about how great Destiny GAF was, I was mostly referring to Drizz. The guy was a machine when it came to helping people.

He was great to play with and great to talk to and I will miss him. My heart really goes out to his family for their loss.

phen0m24

So one time I pestered a friend about hoping to get Drizzay into the Private Test Build Bungie was doing in Destiny. His reply is classic Drizzay.

c42PMKM.jpg

Aww that's terrible. Wasn't he the one that kept running people through that mission to get the Black Spindle sniper rifle? I ran it with him the first time and we didn't make it and then a little later we ran through it again and got it easily. Great time. RIP man.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh my God! No!

No!

Noooooo!

Drizz was the heart and soul of DGAF. A legend.

Always patient, always helpful.

Always so SO nice.

Played countless times with him.

I am so angry, I am so sorry.

I am so sad.

Rip Drizz.

<3

Kalamari

Still can't believe it. He was an outstanding person in general, condolences to his loved ones. He will be missed very much.

Nicodemic

I've had the honor and pleasure of raiding multiple times with Drizzay. Destiny GAF will never be the same without him. Rest in peace guardian...

Aww that's terrible. Wasn't he the one that kept running people through that mission to get the Black Spindle sniper rifle? I ran it with him the first time and we didn't make it and then a little later we ran through it again and got it easily.

Yup. He would always offer to run it when it came back, and he would always take time out of his day to run newbies through the that mission to get them the Spindle. Even if they didn't make it, Drizzay would run it again and again until they did get it.

Top Bottom