• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, Destiny-GAF is in mourning. The best of us is gone.

Rip :/

He was one of DGAFers who answered my questions when I was on the fence about get the game, and I glad I did, so much fun playing it.

Thanks dude.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I didn't know Drizz very well, but I wish I had. I've heard nothing but incredible things about him.

Rest in peace, brother. May you find peace on the other side.

This news is heartbreaking.

He will always be one of the most sincere, helpful and caring players I have ever met online. Always so helpful and ready to bring the community together to have fun and make the most of this amazing game that brought us all here together. The community will not be the same without him and I will always remember his calm and collective voice when tackling the next big Destiny challenge.

The release of Hard Mode for Crota's End was probably the time that he put the most effort despite how frustrating things were. His help at that time was insurmountable given how rough the community was then. You are a shining example of a Sherpa and a genuine player who liked to help others and he found the greatest joys in doing that.

I was looking forward to playing with him again when Rise of Iron hit but that chance is now gone. Makes me regret taking a break for so long =\ He will always be remembered here and we should all strive to make sure we live in the shadow of his great leadership and sincerity.

My condolences to his family and friends, and all the other players here who enjoyed his company in Destiny. I hope whatever caused this workplace accident is investigated fully so it never happens again.

Peace and love

dreamfall

Rest in peace. There is something truly painful about the passing of a wonderful GAF member, and although I didn't know him, he sounds like one of the best. Destiny will never be the same.

gdt

What the flying fuck?!?!?!?!?

We raided tons of times! He was a super nice and funny guy.

RIP. I can't believe this

Wilde

I can't believe Drizzay is gone. My condolences to his wife and his whole family, this is a tragic loss.

Drizzay was such an incredibly selfless, friendly and humble guy. He was always there for all of us in the Destiny community, and this community won't be the same without him.

I will never forget the countless reset raids we ran together, or the flawless VOG and Crota runs, or the trips to Mercury, the nightfalls, and everything else. When I first joined the Destiny community, I didn't really know too many people here, but Drizzay welcomed me onto the team, and I will never forget all the fun and adventures I experienced with him.

RIP Drizzay. We will never forget his amazing dedication to our community, and we will never forget all the adventures we shared. He will be truly missed, but he will never be forgotten.

spyder_ur

I played with him just last week and he's my age, so it's fair to say this is hitting hard.

He was the most selfless person I have ever met playing video games, as all you who never played with him but are reading the thread can surely tell by now. Beyond that, he was a truly talented gamer and a smart, thoughtful guy. He was fiery and passionate about games and people.

Most of all, he was a great person. He spent days making sure other people were enjoying themselves; that's not a trait you find often in life, much less video games. I'm not sure anything shows those traits better than this video, already posted.

RIP Drizz and condolences to his wife and family.

See you at The Lighthouse, Guardian.

Brigandier

Very sad news I have DrDrizzay on my psn he helped me in Destiny when I needed raid wins/gear etc always seemed a cool cat.

Rest in peace.

So sad to hear. I don't usually visit the Destiny OT but I remember I did one time to see if anyone would help me get through Trials and of course Drizz was there to help.

Chucker

I was literally talking to my IB Train last night about the last time I ran trials with him. I did poorly, and he gave me constructive criticism.

He made me feel like I had disappointed my dad, and told me how to be better. Nobody else was like him.

I didn't play with him a whole lot, but we certainly talked in Discord.

He was too good, a saint.

RIP Drizz, see you when I see you.

Hoodbury

Oh man, this is heartbreaking. What a great guy. Sad for his wife and family. Fun Run raids with him helping us lackies out were so much fun. Nicest guy out there. Will be sorely missed.

Dreez

RIP Drizzay. Although I mostly lurked and only played with you once, I could immediately tell your impact on the DGAF community. You are legend sir!!! RIP

Thanks for everything Drizz.

hMlrHEV.jpg

5udwtPd.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I had zero interaction with him, but from what I've seen he seemed like an awesome guy. My condolences to his family.

Going to reinstall Destiny and try a King's Fall run in his memory.

My condolences to his family.

I didn't get to play with Drizzay a lot but the few times I did, he was always a class act.

What I remember most about Drizzay was his demeanor in the DGAF community threads. Always a leader, always humorous, and an all around stand up guy. Drizzay was a great player. But I don't for a second believe that's what drew people to him. It was his selflessness and positivity. Something that feels more and more rare out in this land of zeros and ones.

The world is a little less with his loss. Never have the words rang more true.

Guardian down.

GorillaJu

My deepest condolences to his wife, he was such a great guy. Truly heartbroken.

Rest in peace, Drizz.

Thank you for taking me to Lighthouse.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I think the best way to honor his memory is for me to return to Destiny with the new collection. I lapsed after the first raid due to motion sickness, but I'm going to buy and play the Iron expansion.

SZips

Very sorry to hear the news. RIP to him and best wishes to his friends and family.

I didn't know him but from what I've seen he looked like a real upstanding person.

What the hell...

RIP Drizz. I didn't play much with him, but I always knew him to be super helpful and once as hell. DGAF isn't going to be the same. Such a tragedy.

Condolences to his family. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm actually sitting here in shock. He carried me through my first Crota raid. This is unbelievable.

Rest in peace :(

Top Bottom