• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PC Graphics of 2016

Diancecht

I would say Doom, but Blood&Wine edges with art style:

the-witcher-blood-and-wine-dlc-screen-4.jpg

Gotta be Overwatch for me

edit: wooh you guys are welcoming here. Don't forget you were all a junior member at one point

My vote is for Battlefield 1.

Titanfall 2 had some very nice vistas. I would post screenshots but I didn't actually buy the game.

I love TF2, but the graphics are definitely not the best when you look at some specific textures and character models. Still, the TItans and vistas and a bunch of other things do look exceptional.

Anno

Total Warhammer just for the sheer scale. Haven't played BF1 but that obviously looks very good too.

AEdouard

On a technical level, I'd say Battlefield 1 (mention to DOOM). On a "I really like what I'm looking at right now", more overall look, my picks would be Inside and Dark Souls 3. Blood & Wine also looks fantastic of course, but it's a DLC.

Tain

Probably The Lab.

I mean, rendering something twice at 90fps in order to convince a user's brain that an environment legitimately exists has to count for something, and that custom forward renderer Valve made with the dynamic resolution scaling is really good, so I want to call out the photogrammetry scenes in The Lab.

If we ignore VR, I would probably say Doom. Gears 4 has some stunning scenes, though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
People are saying "It's obviously-"

But this year was honestly a really close call. There were a lot of games in general (40% of all Steam games released this year and all that), but a lot of games came out that were either technically impressive, artistically impressive, or both as well.

Reckheim

Battlefield 1, it kind of ruined other games for me. FF15 used to look amazing to me but after BF1 on PC it just looked like FF12.

Zackat

Some of the zones and areas in Obduction looked really good. One of the few games this year I just ran around taking screenshots in.

Top Bottom