• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got an advert for Split/Second on GAF. Anyone else?

soultron

Banned
MCPLx30.png

This might be because I've been looking at a lot of older PS2 games on Amazon and my Google search history recently, but I wanted to know if anyone else has been getting advertising for really old games. Hah.

Kade

Yep, been getting these for about a week now. Game is 6 years old now and they're now just starting to market it. The link just goes to Disney's new game portal.

Naar

I love this game.

Is there any chance a sequel happens even though the studio shutdown? Doesn't Disney own the rights still?

Sounds like someone reactivated an old campaign in Adsense or wherever.

I actually wouldn't mind ads for older games, for when they drop in price or there are good offers or whatever.

Yes!! Thanks for creating this thread lol. I took a screenshot last night. Seems like Disney is using it to target GAF and lead them to look at titles that others will never look for in general.

It could be an old ad being activated, but I rather believe this is smart marketing lol. What's funny is that Split/Second doesn't even exist in that webpage. It's all Disney property games.

kiri

As someone who works in marketing, this interests me greatly.

I wonder if someone has simply forgotten to turn off their Google Adwords Display Marketing campaign...?

legbone

No matter how quickly you click that ad, the AI would catch up anyway.

Bravo. I love split second but it had some of the worst rubberbanding I have ever seen. Still a great game though. If I remember correctly it got really hard as well. May have to throw it in the 360 later and check it out. Been so long.

ryseing

I've been getting Wii/PS3 Amazon ads, which is odd since I only look at PS4 stuff.

Need to update their ads I guess.

Izuna

Banned
Mobile version of the game maybe?

I don't need to play it again. I blasted through the single player only to find out that online was un-loseable because the single player time trials required more than anyone else could figure out. Got the 1000/1000, then sent it back to LOVEFiLM (back when they kicked ass).

Sonic Transforms is a better handling model of the same idea without the broken af route changes (that made it better to be in 2nd place...)

Hmm. Did you guys go on something on amazon related to the game somehow?

Or maybe a mobile search in google?

Whenever I search for something on google or Amazon I get ads for similar items on gaf

soultron

Banned
Mobile version of the game maybe?

I don't need to play it again. I blasted through the single player only to find out that online was un-loseable because the single player time trials required more than anyone else could figure out. Got the 1000/1000, then sent it back to LOVEFiLM (back when they kicked ass).

Sonic Transforms is a better handling model of the same idea without the broken af route changes (that made it better to be in 2nd place...)

I don't think it's for a mobile version since the ad is animated and has pull quotes from OXM and PSM, IIRC. Neither of those magazines are around anymore, pretty sure.

I also haven't searched specifically for it. Other posters are seeing it too.

Strange but cool. Would love to know how and why this is happening now.

Top Bottom