• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition comes with 2 bonus characters, Eliza preorder bonus

Seijuro

As seen here on this british retailers site

Descrition said:
Buy TEKKEN 7 Deluxe Edition as a Steam Key now.

Love, Revenge, Pride. Everyone has a reason to fight. Values are what define us and make us human, regardless of our strengths and weaknesses. There are no wrong motivations, just the path we choose to take

Get TEKKEN 7 Deluxe Edition and expand your fighter's journey with two additional playable characters, a new game mode and hundreds of additional costumes. As an exclusive gift for purchase, receive over 30 metallic costumes for your characters and shine in the Iron Fist Tournament!

Notice said:
Pre-order your TEKKEN 7 Deluxe Edition Steam download key now online at Gamesplanet to get Eliza, the vampire dark beauty of the TEKKEN roster before anyone else!

Wall crash and ground bounce me if old.

EDIT: Apparently Amazon leaked the release date of June 2, 2017

_Rob_

Ohh I do hope this is par for the console release too (and that the characters are timed DLC similar to TTT2)! Still no word on a date though?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So exclusive preorder game modes/DLC and sleepy vampire chick? One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong

Bousf

Release date is coming this week, according to the Tekken 7 Twitter account, so we should have the full picture soon.

Ivan 3414

packshot-123ed53666dbfaabd797768bdd1b3d39.jpg

That boxart tho

danmaku

I don't like having characters locked behind preorder bonuses or deluxe editions. Costumes? No problem, but characters should be available for everyone.

Lichter

TTT2 had preorder bonus characters too, but they gave them for free shortly after the release.

I hope that they will do the same here.

ZeroX03

Banned
Eliza sounds like a time unlock/earlier access, they did the same with TTT2 pre-order character packs.

Game mode'll be like Tekken Ball or something.

I remember when Harada hated DLC, welp times change.

I'm not exactly happy about it, but DLC in fighting games does keep the player base engaged. There's drawbacks and benefits. TTT2 was a great game that didn't perform too well and lost a lot of interest very quickly. New revenue streams and ways to keep focus on the game are important.

I'm not exactly happy about it, but DLC in fighting games does keep the player base engaged. There's drawbacks and benefits. TTT2 was a great game that didn't perform too well and lost a lot of interest very quickly. New revenue streams and ways to keep focus on the game are important.

Exactly, and knowing how quickly Namco likes to drop support of its games post-release, this may work out 🤔

All this pre-order stuff doesn't really bother me.

If you want it badly enough you'll buy it - if not they'll either give it to you down the line or just straight up reduce the price massively.

Sure it's a shame and we'd like it all in the OG game release but with the rising development cost of games - stuff like DLC is eventually going to be a necessity.

Look at Final Fantasy... a franchise with no need at all for DLC yet it still has some.

Most of the time I ignore DLC when a game is first out and then just trade in my OG edition to buy the GOTY edition or whatever with all DLC added.

Still sucks, Tekken 7 feels like an ancient game by the time we get it and Tekken 8 gets announced for arcades in the fall again or something and we end up playing the inferior old game again.

If they do an arcade version first, i do think they should port it to consoles by the time the expansion comes around.

nyan

Neo Member
So for not preordering the game at the higher price available, you get punished by not getting 3 characters. I'll pass then

ZeroX03

Banned
So for not preordering the game at the higher price available, you get punished by not getting 3 characters. I'll pass then

Eliza is a preorder bonus versions according to these listings. Also Tag 2 had preorder bonus characters that were given free to all players within 3 months, and it says Eliza will be available for all later. Wait for clarification.

Horseress

You won't get the two characters on launch, but you'll get them along the way. IIRC it took three months for those who didn't pre ordered TTT2 to get the pre order characters (for free)

KHlover

Banned
Fuck fighting games right now. Can't put into words how much I hate the current trend of locking finished characters or game modes behind Special Editions at launch.

Rafus

Exclusive characters for a special edition in a fighting game is sooo wrong.
Anyway, give me a collectors edition with NJPW merch and I'm in day one.

ZeroX03

Banned

There is no way they won't be available for purchase separately somehow (when/how/season pass etc) or just unlocked free at a later point like Tag 2. They won't be exclusive to the special edition.

Horseress

Hell yeah! I reaaaaally hope those are included in the console version, I need my Bullet Club shirt

Top Bottom