• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition comes with 2 bonus characters, Eliza preorder bonus

And TAG2 did it right by just selling "cosmetics"

This seems very backwards but unfortunately its where fighting games are, just look at Injustice 2 or MKX.

Please no. Let's never accept the shitty example set by WBgames/Netherrealm as the standard for fighting games regarding DLC. Let's always hope for better than that.

Malice215

Guess Namco is going after the fanboys by making Eliza a preorder bonus. People are going to have a fit if Eliza is in this game and not one of the characters they've been emailing Harada about to add.

I'm still getting the game on PC, but this feels you're being punished for not preordering the deluxe version. And it's going to suck for tournaments to have two additional characters to deal with. I'm waiting to hear more and to see whether the NJPW content comes to the home version, and who the other character is before I bite.

Please no. Let's never accept the shitty example set by WBgames/Netherrealm as the standard for fighting games regarding DLC. Let's always hope for better than that.

NRS just uses 1 character as a preorder bonus, which isn't that bad considering the amount of content they put into their games and without an arcade version to earn money from.

If those character aren't going to be Lei and Julia, the community better be pissed off
Or at least their play styles on new characters

Holy shit good point.....

This is the first time I've realised Lei isn't in it....

Yet the stupid ass panda is in it.

Nuszka

Imagine if they show an Tekken 8 teaser for arcades at the upcoming Evo - maximum troll level achieved.

Edit: i don't mind the dlc stuff , but that release date...

DerZuhälter;228919728 said:
Yeah I guess the second character will be such a gimmick character, like Dr. B, Gon or Lei Wulong.

Lei Wulong is not a gimmick.

You take that back!

Also I'd be annoyed if it was Anna Williams....

Jamie OD

What new game mode?
Anyway still no release date.

The three bonus modes in the past have been Tekken Bowling, Tekken Ball and Tekken Force. The third one is usually a meaty mode in its own right but I think it plays terribly so if it's that as the bonus mode I won't be interested.

Xpliskin

"I would rather have nothing"

I've been watching this game game since its teaser announcement at EVO and since green_tekken started streaming it, from the early Jack-7 shenanigans to the nerfs to Tekken 7: FR.

The game's been out in Japan since March 2015.

A few years of blue balls then the release date gets pushed back by several months.

I actually would rather have nothing.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been watching this game game since its teaser announcement at EVO and since green_tekken started streaming it, from the early Jack-7 shenanigans to the nerfs to Tekken 7: FR.

The game's been out in Japan since March 2015.

A few years of blue balls then the release date gets pushed back by several months.

I actually would rather have nothing.

You'll buy it and you'll enjoy it. If you're watching streams constantly you're already super invested.

Amazon has the release date as June 2nd but FYI - this is the last day of Q2 isn't it?

Tekken has a tentative release of Q1/Q2

I'd say it's a placeholder

MS Store has June 2nd too

Not listening, I shall not listen!!!

lalala.gif

Wouldn't June 30th be the last day of Q2?

Always ends on a Friday mate :)

KillLaCam

Banned
Ahh.. I Hope not June. Im transferring this semester and wont be able to crush the people in the game room if it comes out that late

Tyaren

They'll seriously wait for another 4 months to release this?
At this rate Soul Calibur 6 (yep, I am sure it will come eventually) will be a cross gen game of PS4/PS5. :/

Dremark

Banned
They did time release characters in TTT2 which were preorder bonuses to get early, and people didn't have an issue with that. Perhaps we could see if that's the case here before jumping to conclusions.

Also it's funny seeing that people are complaining that they are waiting for the final to be done before releasing it on consoles, considering I see in every other fighting game's thread complainants that other companies don't do that. The game came out in arcades in 2015 but it was like an early access version no one outside of absolute diehards would want to pay full price for.

The game is great in the form I played and I'm looking forward to snagging it day 1.

Isshak Gravi said:
Fighting is about who's left standing and nothing else... You've been waiting for the best fighting game of this generation: watch our explosive story trailer and get ready! Tekken 7 is coming June 2nd 2017 on Steam! The dark vampire is back: pre-order now to get Eliza for free! And discover our incredible Collector's Edition featuring Heihachi and Kazuya. More details on www.tekken.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9W9Qw-SpJw

PC specs coming later today!

From here. Implying that she's going to be available as a payed DLC later?

Blu(e)

Tekken 7 Launches on June 2, 2017

The TEKKEN 7 Collector’s Edition (available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One); collectors and hardcore TEKKEN fans will be pleased to learn that there will be a TEKKEN 7 Collector’s Edition containing a spectacular statue measuring approximately 12” tall by 18” wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official TEKKEN 7 soundtrack.

A TEKKEN 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the TEKKEN 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the TEKKEN 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

TEKKEN 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and STEAM) will feature DLC access to Eliza, the famed vampire character that made her TEKKEN debut in TEKKEN Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of TEKKEN 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

A special Digital Xbox One Pre-order Pack (available on the Xbox Store beginning on January 31, 2017) will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of TEKKEN 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

The TEKKEN 7 Digital Deluxe Edition (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will include TEKKEN 7 and the Season Pass.

Lastly, the PlayStation 4 version of TEKKEN 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from TEKKEN 4 and TEKKEN 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play.

bunkitz

I thought Harada doesn't like/want paid DLC...? Ehh, well, I wouldn't really care much. Long as I got Lili, Lars, and Asuka, I'm good.

Pretty sick trailer, though. Not at all excited for the game, (lost interest in Tekken since a few years ago for some reason) but their story trailers are always cool to watch. I'm at least interested to see how the story plays out. Akuma's inclusion is still fairly weird, though.

Huh. Thanks for this. Never cared nor complained about the games coming out on arcades first, but this is pretty neat information. I suppose this could apply to Dissidia too.

Skilletor

I thought Harada doesn't like/want paid DLC...? Ehh, well, I wouldn't really care much. Long as I got Lili, Lars, and Asuka, I'm good.

Pretty sick trailer, though. Not at all excited for the game, (lost interest in Tekken since a few years ago for some reason) but their story trailers are always cool to watch. I'm at least interested to see how the story plays out. Akuma's inclusion is still fairly weird, though.

Huh. Thanks for this. Never cared nor complained about the games coming out on arcades first, but this is pretty neat information. I suppose this could apply to Dissidia too.

Harada might not, but his bosses assuredly do.

Top Bottom