• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Nintendo lying about Xenoblade 2 release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A61V7XCl.jpg

It's just not realistic.

They need to be called out for shit like this. They won't LIE to my face like Square Enix and Sony do to PlayStation fans all the time.

georly

Please present your evidence that says they're lying.

I think there are obvious reasons why everyone suspects it won't make this date, but nintendo has surprised us before. XBCX was shown off too early in that hail mary direct in january 2013, reveal trailer was super short, and big open JRPGs tend to get delayed often. I get it, but we don't know the number of people working on it, nor for how long they've been doing so. Hell, they even had some voice work in the trailer, no? That could be a sign that it's nearing the end of development.

Chindogg

Maybe they're way further along than expected? The trailer definitely seemed like they were pretty far along.

We thought the same thing about Smash 4 and that didn't actually get delayed.

Who knows. It will be a pleasant surprise if it does come out

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I agree - no chance it releases in 2017.

Would love to be wrong, of course. But I won't be.

psyfi

Banned
I mean, we need something to be disappointed about later on in the year

my outrage calendar is looking wayyyyy too open at this point

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oh they're lying.

It's just a matter of if they're lying to us or lying to themselves about the game coming out this year.

Murrah

Banned
I don't think it's releasing this year either, and certainly not in the US. I don't think it releasing in Japan at the very least is out of the question though.

It will be 2.5 years since Xenoblade Chronicles X in Japan by the end of 2017. I don't think that is unrealistic if they had a vision for what they wanted to make right away... which it seemed like they did.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nobody really knows how far along in development the game is. It's not unreasonable to believe it makes it out by the end of the year.

ReyVGM

This game doesn't look like it will be as complicated as Xenoblade Chronicles X. My guess is that they are going for a simpler open world RPG, so they could definitely launch this year in Japan at least.

But if it slips, doesn't matter, no one will die.

What a ridiculous post. They've stated multiple times it'll be 2017 for both US and Japan. You don't know what state the game is in yet.

Gestault

It does seem unrealistic to me, but we simply don't know. My feeling is if it comes out by even the first quarter of 2018, there's no question it was announced in good faith.

I'd love to know OP's inside information about which stage of development the game is and how much time it will take to complete

The Giant

Banned
Xenoblade 2 has been in development since Xenoblade X finished in early 2015. So it's been in development for 2 years, by the end of the year it will be nearly 3 years.

It's a target. I mean shit man, 2017 was the date they said XB2 was gonna be out at the conference. Until they acknowledge a delay, that's the year they're targeting.

daffy

Banned
OP is so used to being cheated on and lied to that they've internalized all their heartbreak as insight.

You see it all the time in Nintendo fans.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Same reason they lie about Zelda release dates. They're overly optimistic and want to sell hardware.

It's okay, it'll probably be out in 2018. Give it time to be good.

Nanashrew

Banned
It's a target date and not a lie. Yes, things can change but it could also still happen.

They could be further along in development than we think too because they're likely reusing the XCX engine and tools they made for HD development so that could speed up the process compared to XCX's delays. They also showed more in the trailer than the early teasers we got for XCX as well.

hunnies28

While I don't agree with the fact that it is a lie. I don't really believe they will be able to release the game in 2017.

Xenoblade 2 has been in development since Xenoblade X finished in early 2015. So it's been in development for 2 years, by the end of the year it will be nearly 3 years.

Plus FE Warriors is coming out this year and that barely got a trailer compared to Xenoblade. It seems well along.

Is that a retailer listing or officially from Nintendo?

Even so it could be a target date, and for all we know the game has been in development for sometime and they're saving it for a stronger reveal later in the year. Especially if Monolith are working directly with one of Nintendo's internal studios, which is a growing trend.

I mean, I'm not saying it won't be delayed, but there's no reason to automatically assume it will be delayed when Nintendo has given no indication that it's behind a particular schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom