• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graceful Explosion Machine |OT| Psychadelic Shmup Action

Cerium

W8lvNIJ.png

EKEAeV9.png
giphy.gif

5AxD6n9.png

J7wR4qB.png

SDZvMrj.png

EKEAeV9.png
giphy.gif

v3XCMVw.png

kln3wxc.png
giphy.gif

QOqR8Bt.png
giphy.gif

6sTY5pk.png
giphy.gif

13Ia8aS.png
giphy.gif

xKydDH1.png

EKEAeV9.png
giphy.gif

Glix

Looks so cool, I think I may bite.

I usually end up hating SHMUPs where you can turn around and have a map like that... but then Resogun came along and I love Resogun.

Brofield

Is Towlie suggesting I smoke a jazz cigarette?

Because I kinda want to with this game and some Peaking Lights on vinyl

jonno394

For £10 i may have to jump in now as it looks really cool. Supporting​ Nindie exclusives early seems like a good idea if i want more and more of them to come!

Once again, another great Cerium op. Lied in the snake pass OT saying that would be the last for a while :)

Getting this tomorrow, looks great.

People knock the Switch's line up, but a month in and there are already more games for it I'm interested in, than I've got time to play and money to buy.

willoneill

Neo Member
Great OT! I'm very excited about this game. Reminds me a lot in some ways of Assault Android Cactus, which i also love.

Great OT, OP! You crank these things out like its nothing.

This will be my birthday present to myself today. I'm gonna wrap myself in my awesome blanket my mom crocheted for me, play video games all day and pretend I'm 13 instead of 28.

Soph

I can't buy this right now, I have a backlog on Switch already Cerium your OT's are too awesome.

You should become Nintendo's GAF OT Ambassador.

I can't buy this right now, I have a backlog on Switch already Cerium your OT's are too awesome.

You should become Nintendo's GAF OT Ambassador.

I'm in a backlog too :( Still got a long way to go with I am Setsuna and I keep coming back to Zelda, Isaac and Bomberman.

That being said I really want to try out HD rumble in this game, I don't feel like any game has really nailed it yet.

Mdk7

I want to buy this, when it the (European) eShop going to be updated?
I am almost literally throwing money at the screen.

phanphare

Banned
haha, great OT

definitely going to be giving this one a try, looks great, great price, and it's a perfect game for handheld mode

Robin64

A fourth game for my Switch! This looks superb, can't wait to get in this when I get home from work today.

Well I was going to buy it regardless of reviews but a 9/10 makes me even more excited.
"This is further supported by the HD Rumble, which vibrates differently depending upon what wepon is being used and what kind of enemy is being blown up. It's subtle to be sure, but that's arguably what the effect is intended to be, a natural extension of the experience that adds that extra immersion factor."

I'm very curious, Nintendo emphasised the effect during the Nindies stream.

Well I was going to buy it regardless of reviews but a 9/10 makes me even more excited.
"This is further supported by the HD Rumble, which vibrates differently depending upon what wepon is being used and what kind of enemy is being blown up. It's subtle to be sure, but that's arguably what the effect is intended to be, a natural extension of the experience that adds that extra immersion factor."

I know some people didn't much care for it, but I liked how it was in Blaster Master Zero. It was subtle there too, but instances like jumping in to water were really neat. My girlfriend probably described it best when she said it felt almost like grabbing a water balloon. Same sort of sensation when jumping in and out of ink in Splatoon 2.

I know some people didn't much care for it, but I liked how it was in Blaster Master Zero. It was subtle there too, but instances like jumping in to water were really neat. My girlfriend probably described it best when she said it felt almost like grabbing a water balloon. Same sort of sensation when jumping in and out of ink in Splatoon 2.

Jumping in water really did feel amazing. I also really liked the feeling of elevators coming down. As a whole though I felt Blaster Master Zero could occasionally be a little too aggressive with rumble, the subtle effects were the best.

phanphare

Banned

yeah the bit about it being subtle sold me even more. that's how it needs to be imo.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Looks so visually overwhelming if that makes sense. Like it's the kind of game I can see myself having trouble keeping up with what's happening on screen.

Played this a little at the Nindies event at GDC when we were showing off Snake Pass. Definitely hit my need for a twitchy shmup on the Switch (that wasn't BoI, which I love dearly). :D

Great job on the OP like always dude!

Top Bottom