• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graceful Explosion Machine |OT| Psychadelic Shmup Action

Probably just a screenshot. The Switch camera button works everywhere, not only in-game.

Edit: never mind, he's using a video capture card.
It actually won't capture in the eShop. I tried when I posted the thread about the game's release date.

You'll get a prompt that says "Capture functionality not available" or something.

Now I have the larger grid for games! Watching the DF Scorpio reveal while this downloads.

9ASEskF.png

Yea, I'm in...two shmups releasing on switch today, right? This and Alpha Mission II.

Yep. I'll be watching for Shmup-GAF impressions about which I should pick up. So much of what makes a good shmup is feel and can't be conveyed via watching videos. I rarely enjoy non-auto scrolling shmups also. The intensity just goes way down.

That doesn't rule out getting both eventually if they're both good, of course.

LordKano

Destructoid review : 7/10
https://www.destructoid.com/review-...6.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
For $13, Graceful Explosion Machine is a fun little space shooter with nice visuals and audio that is worth your time and money if you're a high score hound. Even if you're not, there are far worse games on the Switch currently, and not many that only ask a few minutes of your time to complete a level, which makes this the perfect game to play on the go. It's pretty good.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh, and HD rumble is still a highly overrated feature of the Switch, as the difference is barely, if at all, noticeable here. It is also strange that most of the time the controller rumbles just when you explode enemies, so it's almost constant -- though not enough to be annoying.

aww shit no buy for me the ONLY good HD rumble demo is still exclusive to 1 2 switch.

"If the popular boy band Smash Mouth made a space shooter, I'd imagine it would turn out something like this."

What does this even mean? Smash Mouth isn't a boy band, and they're absolutely terrible.

Stopped reading at the shoehorned Phil Collins reference. Thank goodness the NL review doesn't mess about.

This game is such a nice surprise. I think I prefer it to Resogun which is saying a lot as that's one of my top 10 PS4 games.

Mbrill82

I had never even heard of this game until I open to this thread. Great OT by the way. I'll definitely be getting this game today, I love shoot'em up so I was interested when I saw this thread but when I saw that it was a switch exclusive I knew I had to have it ASAP

soultron

Banned
Oh are you friends with the developers? They've crafted something truly special.

Acquaintances. I run into some of them from time to time since I'm from Toronto and I frequent some of the same events they go to. They're all very nice folks, I assure you. ;)

They're probably reading the thread, so don't be afraid to share your appreciation!

whyman

On level 9 so far. Really enjoying it and that is not common for these types of games. I am usually bad at them but this one is more easy to learn but hard to master. Anyway its really fun, i like the music and the art is nice.

Top Bottom