• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Announces Lords of Shadow Pachislot

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is there a good pachislot review youtube channel? I feel like I could exploit this if untapped.

Grisby

'Konami' and 'Lords of Shadow' in a front page topic title on Gaf.

They raise me so they can slay me.

jett

D-Member
Man they're pachislotting everything, even stuff people don't give two shits about. I wonder what their thought process is like.

SOLDIER

Just straight up telling all former fans to go fuck themselves with these.

We need a shaking middle finger in front of all these machines.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
How many people in japan, truly want to go to a lords of shadow pachislot machine?
Like do these actually work as something people get excited for?

KyleCross

Just straight up telling all former fans to go fuck themselves with these.

How? These aren't for us, they're for people who like pachislot. If they were canceling traditional games in favor of making pachislots then I'd understand your logic. But they're not, they're just not making traditional games right now. These things are cheap and fast to make, so they churn them out and they make them shitloads of money.

akira28

isn't pachinko and even more specifically pachislot a really really really niche market?

i mean, sure it goes back to our games and amusement gambling and gangster roots, but most of us don't do it for money anymore. we do it to relax.

Is there a good pachislot review youtube channel? I feel like I could exploit this if untapped.

Bruh... theres whole tv channels for it here in Japan.

I really really REALLY think GAF still does not want to understand how big this business is here in Japan.

There is a pachislot for everything. Go ahead and get offended by -insert series- having a pachislot now cause it probably already exists.

isn't pachinko and even more specifically pachislot a really really really niche market?

no, it really isn't sadly.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I really really REALLY think GAF still does not want to understand how big this business is here in Japan.

There is a pachislot for everything. Go ahead and get offended by -insert series- having a pachislot now cause it probably already exists.

I know, I unironically watch them, but they just feature C tier idols and not enough of the game.

Talking about an english language youtube channel, preferably one focusing on dead game franchises for maximum clickbait factor. You can join in this project!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
"Didn't we make video games once?"

"Yeah, let's use it as a novelty factor to bring in customers lol"

Sad, waiting for Suikoden Pachislot to break my heart. Yes I know about Suikoden IV already having one

mieumieu

no, it really isn't sadly.

Yes, I explicitly remember even pachinko video games about EVA on PS2 sell well back in the 2005 or so.

@MUWANdo

Banned

i mean, sure it goes back to our games and amusement gambling and gangster roots, but most of us don't do it for money anymore. we do it to relax.

It's niche in the sense that it's a dwindling market that's not really viable for smaller operators but Konami's one of the big fish and it still brings in a lot of money.

Neptonic

Ditto. Music made me pumped.
At first I was pissed because I thought they were going to take the dope NES music and do a bad techno remix with it
Then I got pissed since they basically made an awesome quality rock arrangement for this shitty pachinko machine

akira28

the good news is if konami ever wants to make video games again, they'll have lots of inspiration.

the bad news is it will all be cell phone pachinko games.

Foffy

Banned
They couldn't just stick with the old Castlevania canon, which they ruined with the last Pachislot game getting rid of the Vampire Killer for the Combat Cross, but now they have to go for Lords of Shadow in full.

Excellent.

Bollocks

real talk, pachislot news should be banned from GAF.
1.) it is not the kind of gaming GAF covers or anyone here is interested in
2.) only posted because it's about konami, triggeralert
3.) therefore you know what the thread will be about even before entering it.

Croash

Even this most likely has a better ending than Lords of Shadow 2.

It still hurts :(

I'd rather see the game's great cast and art direction used like this than completely forgotten.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
How? These aren't for us, they're for people who like pachislot. If they were canceling traditional games in favor of making pachislots then I'd understand your logic. But they're not, they're just not making traditional games right now. These things are cheap and fast to make, so they churn them out and they make them shitloads of money.

They are not cancelling traditional games, they are just not making them... :rolleyes ;)

Isotropy

So, what is the Konami narrative exactly?

Is there some maniacal CEO who triggered the slide into oblivion, or was it so gradual that we can't identify who was responsible?

laxu

So, what is the Konami narrative exactly?

Is there some maniacal CEO who triggered the slide into oblivion, or was it so gradual that we can't identify who was responsible?

It's most likely a committee where nobody wants to take any responsibility for any decisions.

Isotropy

It's most likely a committee where nobody wants to take any responsibility for any decisions.

Is the pachinko market going better for them than gaming did? I mean... it's possible, even if it would suck.

If they fail here surely there's room for a wild shakeup and a leader who'll take the reigns in another direction? Or is that too much of an American business move for a don't-rock-the-boat Japanese company?

Steroyd

I know pachislot is a thing, and game companies have their own version of pachislots, but why is Konami putting in AAA levels of development into this shit? That music would sound like it belongs in a kick ass remake of the earlier Castlevania's, and they've redone MGS3 cutscenes in the FOX Engine again that would be a kick ass remake as well.

I cannot comprehend this part of Konami, going all in on pachislot is one thing the effort they're doing to update their franchises and wasting it on pachislot is on another level.

Top Bottom