• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: World War II has a season pass

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
C-RU-4cXkAAp4zv.jpg

Kalentan

Really hope it's not a gamestop exclusive... Please let me order that on Amazon. :(

Edit: Damn, I see the only at Gamestop on the edition. Fuck. :(

Alienous

Of course.

How would be the able to explain to their investors that they abandoned a winning strategy? The season pass concept has to prove untenable first, and with a large audience that are are happy to make that purchase, and no signs of the community split being detrimental to player experience and retention, they have no compelling reason to go with free DLC.

Z3M0G

I wanted to make this comment about Destiny 2 as well...

It's pathetic that we learn about the promotions and bundles that they want to sell us before they even show us gameplay.

Edit: Ok, sorry It's a leak. And i didn't know about gameplay tomorrow. This is more of a Destiny 2 rant that is overdue.

Well, other companies have left the season passes behind, in order to not split the user base.

Is this really happening that much? I hope so, but really?

Kalentan

It's pathetic that we learn about the promotions and bundles that they want to sell us before they even show us gameplay.

I mean... We get to see gameplay tomorrow. This was leaked a day early.

Midas

Why? I like the confirmation that there will be more content for a game I invest time and money in.

Activsion does it again! Let's divide all the communities even further,it's already split between Bo3,MWR and IW! They can't make that much money from supply drops, right?

Krosia

Expected and Activision will never learn that this will divide players yet again.

It does not and people really should learn that. Matchmaking for any mode like team deathmatch or hardpoint will throw you in a DLC lobby if it can find enough players with DLC to create such a lobby, else matchmaking creates a vanilla lobby. the experience is seamless and no trouble for both kinds of players (with or without DLC).

This is not a game where DLC maps are dead shortly after arrival (Battlefield) or vanilla players have issues without DLC. Watch any stream of Black Ops 2 backwards comp. to confirm.

Where is the Xbox scorpio edition?... oh wait, E3 has not arrived.

Sony has the franchise looked up for many, many years.

Z3M0G

I mean... We get to see gameplay tomorrow. This was leaked a day early.

And Destiny?

Why? I like the confirmation that there will be more content for a game I invest time and money in.

To each their own... but I prioritize certain things that I want to learn about new games...

Not only do we know about the DLC content and bundles for Destiny 2, but we can pre-order them NOW. We can give them the money NOW. Yet we have no idea what that game will even look like yet... that to me is dirty business. Just an opinion.

I'm just venting about how the gaming industry works. Dead horse, I know...

If Season Passes are truly on their way out for many publishers, that is a MASSIVE WIN for gamers.

The reveal is tomorrow, we see this stuff early because Gamestop wants to have it up day 1 but leaks that shit every single year.

Depending on how good the mp is I can see myself getting the season pass for the first time. I'm just really in the mood for a WW2 shooter and I can see myself playing it on and off in 2018.

Caayn

Is the steelbook exclusive or is the beta exclusive* first on PS4?

*Whatever exclusive means in this sentence

BizzyBum

I never buy season passes for fps games. I always play a lot the first month or so then just stop and never go back. lol

The only exception to this is Halo 5.

legacyzero

Banned
AAAAANNNNDD Hype crushed. Keep that shit. So sick of split player bases. Sick of buying packs only to see them empty months later.

Daffy Duck

You know the additional bonus content is 5 free hits of drugs, sorry I mean 5 free supply drops.

I'd normally be all over this but past years have burned me hard so not this year Activision.

CrayToes

Call of Duty is the last major MP game using this shitty archaic model. I would've hoped Activision would've learned from Overwatch's massive success.

Pastry

Banned
If EA sees success with no seasonpass on Battlefront 2 then I think it is pretty likely that CoD will make the switch too. Glad EA is transitioning though.

Symbiotx

I don't get these responses. Why does leaked information have to be "shocking"?

Of course it's expected, but knowing that it will have it is new information.

killroy87

One one hand, that fucking sucks.

On the other hand, it's clearly working for them as a business model, so what can I really say.

I'll probably skip it. Seems like cod is dead on PC. If I pick up a ps4 on the cheap I might get it. Glad I got the basic version of IW massively discounted.

Wedzi

Banned

But it's a leak

Is the steelbook exclusive or is the beta exclusive* first on PS4?

*Whatever exclusive means in this sentence

It just means PlayStation is getting the beta first.

Top Bottom