• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

indies that belong on Switch

FloatOn

To be clear, I'm not asking about your personal favorites that you would like to see on the platform but about the very specific idea of a certain indie title being a great fit for the Switch. There are a ton of old to not-so-old indies I believe nintendo should fight to have on their console in much the same way they got rocket league.

So without further ado, this is my personal list that I would think would continue to pad out the library of games.

1) Spelunky

ss_8fb56a4fb17d6c777c12952d6642652b063b5528.600x338.jpg

To me Spelunky has the most level of "nintendo magic" I have seen in any non-nintendo game. There is just a polish to it that you don't see in most games. I would dare call this a perfect video game. Not only does this game have legs in much the same way Binding of Isacc does with perfecting runs but the multiplayer is good fun as well.

2) Super Meat Boy

SuperMeatBoy-boss.jpg

Considered a classic at this point, playing Super Meat Boy on the go is something I'm sure fans would love to do.

3) Terraria

terraria-05-700x370.png

A perfect compliment to the upcoming Stardew Valley. This is another game that would absolutely be brilliant on the go with friends.

Reckheim

Dead Cells would be amazing on the switch. Its on sale on Steam ATM so get it people.

Edit: Salt and Sanctuary as well.

Platy

Most of the ones I wanted are already announced like Towerfall, Rocket League and Overcooked.

So I will go for beat em ups.... if you are an indie and have a beat em up. WHY ARE YOU NOT ON SWITCH ?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Undertale definitely belongs, and now its on PS4 / Vita, getting it on Switch is far more likely.

cygnusx1

Neo Member
Enter the Gungeon

One of the best indies I've played in a long time. Simple button layout, great art style, and mechanics feel great.

Black_Red

Spelunky is my biggest wish for indie games on switch.

Undertale would be second, but I already played it (hopefully they can port the PS version in a few months)

I want pinball arcade with option to play detached joycons with the screen in portrait mode. Huge design oversight that Nintendo couldn't figure out a way to have a kickstand that would work for either way. Would be great for classic vertical format shooters too. 2 player classic Raiden with two joy-con controllers anywhere on the go...would of been cool. Hopefully hardware revision 2.0 will have it.

To be honest, rather than the retro arcadey indies that a lot of people want to see on the Switch, I'd like to see a lot of narrative and ambient/experimental indies.

Virginia, Gone Home, Abzu, Firewatch, Journey, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture (though I'm assuming the Switch couldn't handle the latter) would be amazing on Switch, as they're mostly very chill games and would benefit from the Switch's portability- you could curl up in bed with an atmospheric narrative game as you would with a book.

Haunted

Any roguelike/roguelite, really.

Having Isaac is absolutely brilliant on Switch. Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, FTL, plenty of similarly seminal roguelite titles, they all would be fantastic to have on the go.

Kalimba. I never played this in local multiplayer (four totems, two players!) but the Switch is perfect for this game.

---

Affordable Space Adventures in local multiplayer:

Switch 1: up to two players using the Joy-Con, controlling Small Craft's movement and scanning functions, in docked or tabletop mode
Switch 2: second player controlling the Small Craft's controls via the touchscreen, Joy-Con detached.

Reckheim

As someone that doesn't particularly like any of the Nintendo first party games this thread is getting me hyped.

Shifty

OP doing god's work and siphoning the legions of GAF switch port beggars into one thread.

I guess Nex Machina would be my pick, mainly because it's my current Game Of The Minute, but also because its arcade aspects lend themselves well to portable play.
They'd probably have to sacrifice on fidelity to get their fancy raytracing system running at 60 on the hardware though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Most of those games shown or teased in the indie showcase.

Most of them aren't out and don't actually have a release date or any real Switch footage.

We've gotten a couple like Mr Shifty and Thumper out, but most from that Nindies Direct are still MIA.

ryanofcall

Undertale
Hollow Knight
Owl Boy

Stuff I'll have to skip if it doesn't come out on a handheld because I mainly have time to play indies on portables and can't just blow out money for games I don't have time to play:
Little Nightmares
Night in the Woods
Cuphead (I know, won't happen)
Rime

edit: Some of them are confirmed I know. BUT THEY SHOULD HURRY :D

edit2: Also: Cave Story +.... it's not out in EU

Ya'll need to get a Vita. I know the system is starting to get old but it is THE portable indie machine.

And everyone should play Spelunky but I can't imagine playing it without a proper d-pad.

I really wish Nintendo opened it up more and really leveraged the indie community. Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon (I know it's coming), Dead Cells, Hotline Miami, BoxBoy, Helldivers, Swapper, CounterSpy, etc, etc, etc. There's so many games they could bring to the platform and make it an indie machine like the Vita was.

Top Bottom