• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

indies that belong on Switch

I mean they did during the indie showcase right before launch. Even beyond the games they focused on they had a big slide with a ton of indie games that are coming to the Switch.

The problem is we haven't really heard anything since then, and a lot of those games while coming have yet to actually be shown on the Switch.

Feels like Damon Baker should try and get Nintendo to let him do another indie showcase to highlight games coming in the 2nd half of this year.

Yea, I am hoping we get a Direct in the next month or 2 that gives us details on the upcoming indies. A lot of my most anticipated indies from the direct are still coming and I'm excited to get some details on them.

OmegaZero

Is there any well-rated/high profile indie that people agree wouldn't belong well on Switch? Outside of PC only games that basically require a keyboard+mouse, I'm pretty sure most popular indie games (especially ones with a strong console prescence) are also games that would be perfectly playable on Switch.

Dead Cells would be amazing on the switch.

Been playing a lot of this lately and thinking the exact same thing.

Basically any pick up and play rogue-like game would be a perfect fit for handheld play (ie. Spelunky, Necrodancer, Nuclear Throne, Downwell).

Would be able to effectively retire my Vita once that happens.

You can keep Rogue Legacy though.

wildfire

Banned
The only flawed point here is your very deliberate hand-picked list of indie games that don't have Vita ports as a bullshit argument that the Vita doesn't have any indie games.

Did I say the Vita doesn't have games? No I said it had 2 that I would be interested in. Your fault for making a check that can't be cashed. Next time don't claim the Vita is the best mobile platform. Win GPD currently is.

Is there any well-rated/high profile indie that people agree wouldn't belong well on Switch? Outside of PC only games that basically require a keyboard+mouse, I'm pretty sure most popular indie games (especially ones with a strong console prescence) are also games that would be perfectly playable on Switch.

I think the tech in the Switch is at the point it can even handle RTS and MMO games that aren't reliant on a dozen hotkeys.

Nintendo having a genre for all intents and purposes exclusive to itself in the console space for the time being would be a big deal.

I want so many on switch but the lineup is so tiny. Why are all the Indies slacking (industry as a whole, really)? I want to give you my money! Except Binding of Isaac. Is 40 dollars why?

Cant wait for Hollow Knight. That's probably my main one. I also want something like Enter the Gungeon.

Mijdax

Banned
It's designed around "runs" and procedurally generated levels that somehow always feel challenging. It's got that "just one more run" factor that can keep you playing for hours.

As far as controls, getting good, tight 2D platformer controls is not a given. This game nails it.

Thanks :) I might try it when its on consoles on sale anytime soon

Just waiting for these to get release dates:

Poi
Yooka-Laylee
RiME

They're the only 3D platformers headed to Switch and I'd like to scratch that 90s/early 00s platformer itch before Mario Odyssey.

Speely

Banned
Yoyo Games needs to add Switch support for GMS so the best indie games can come to the platform:

Hyper Light Drifter and Undertale.

Both would work so well on it. Another less common one:

Renowned Explorers: International Society. Being on a popular portable platform would help this game get some well-deserved attention.

wanders

Yoyo Games needs to add Switch support for GMS so the best indie games can come to the platform:

Hyper Light Drifter and Undertale.

Both would work so well on it. Another less common one:

Renowned Explorers: International Society. Being on a popular portable platform would help this game get some well-deserved attention.

Hopefully it comes soon

Will there be a Nintendo Switch Export?

We are exploring all export options, please stay tuned for more information.

spekkeh

Banned
Begging for Night in the Woods
Begging with you. All those super difficult pixel perfect games that OP is championing are terrible on a commute. Cramped up, carriage shaking. Losing myself in gentle story games though, yes please. Switch is the first (though I guess Vita would be able to play the game in low res too) console that has the ability to play HQ story games on the go.

wildfire

Banned
Just waiting for these to get release dates:

Poi
Yooka-Laylee
RiME

They're the only 3D platformers headed to Switch and I'd like to scratch that 90s/early 00s platformer itch before Mario Odyssey.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U version of Hat in Time was delayed or cancelled in lieu of a Switch version.

EulaCapra

Runbow please.

And unless I've been looking at the "find missing Switch controller" screen wrong, a Runbow Switch might be able to support 10 Joy-Cons. I need this.

Giga Man

Any game with easy to pick up and play co-op and multiplayer gameplay. Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater, Towerfall: Ascension.

Kovacs

I'd like to see some of the top down/isometric strategy RPG's like Divinity Original Sin, the Shadowrun series, Banner Saga etc make an appearance. Of course new IP's or instalments in the genre would be more than welcome.

The turn based aspect is perfect for a handheld and the Switch is powerful enough and has a large enough screen to make them viable on the go.

Black_Red

I am a Nintendo Fan but I dont get why spelunky has the nintendo magic. Just seen some gameplay of it but it seems like a typical indie game. Anyone here who is kind enough to explain whats so special about spelunky?

It's not about Nintendo magic, is a GREAT game, I'd love to have it in a handheld and I'm not buying a Vita for it.

Dynasty

Two that will never happen but would love to play on the Switch is Ori and CupHead. CupHead especially I think could work really well on the Switch, I would also imagine it wouldnt be hard to implement 2 player mode with just 2 joycons.

After reading this thread and since I just finished Zelda until the DLC comes around I finally bought Shovel Knight and, shit, it's good! Already went by half of the first campaign in one sitting.

I'm also eyeing the binding of Isaac but I'm not 100% sure it will be my type of game. It's there any demos for this game in other platforms?

Renna Hazel

Give me all classic JRPG-style games on here.

Cosmic Star Heroine

cosmic-star-heroine-screenshot-01-ps4-us-16dec15

This one for sure. Game looks really cool and I'm tempted to buy it, but I heard a Switch version might be in play, so I'll wait and see for a bit.

Shizuka

The portbegging rule is meant to prevent thread derails. Typically we would ban people for posting "NO SWITCH NO BUY" in an announcement thread or in an OT.

In this case there is no thread to derail, since the topic of the thread is to discuss which indie titles people would like to see on a platform.

The only ones derailing this thread are ironically the posters who wants to backseat moderate with "wow portbegging the thread!!!" posts.

But we did get threads locked just like this one not long ago. Several of them, in fact. Even Duckroll locked one of those, if I'm not mistaken.

JPS Kai

Pony Island

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
All of the Wadjet Eye games and pretty much any PnC Adventure game.

Shardlight
Technobabylon
Unavowed
Blackwell Series
Primordia
Gemini Rue

King's Quest
Kathy Rain
Thimbleweed Park
Kentucky Route Zero
Etc etc.

Great sitting on the train or just sitting in bed type games.

Raitaro

While not technically indie except for the level of dedication surrounding it, the upcoming Windjammers re-release would be fantastic as a game to bring along with you on holiday and challenge people on the go. Please bring that to Switch, DotEmu!

As for actual indies: Spelunky would be no.1 pick along with Rain World (a game forgotten or ignored too soon by most?), Hyper Light Drifter, The Secret Brutale, and Undertale. That said, there are many, MANY indie games that could find and would deserve new audiences by means of a Switch release. Far too many even in recent years to name.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
NO BRAINER.

hills_dive_kick.jpg
You. I like you.

Greatest fighting game ever made. In terms of pure gameplay.

Also, I vote for everything. There's no limits. Put everything on the platform. My number 1 and number 2 choices have already been acquired with Rocket League and Binding of Isaac. The next big one is Spelunky. After that Divekick would be my next pick. But in the end, please just somehow get my entire indie Vita library on the Switch.

I want spelunky, hollow knight, FTL, and PUBG.

I think of those, we have a good shot at hollow knight, off chance of spelunky and FTL

And no chance at PUBG

Animagne

I would love Don't Starve on switch. I hate feeling like I'm playing a gimped version on vita, when there are more expansions etc. available on other platforms and that game is great on the go.

I really want to play The Fall on Switch before The Fall 2 comes out. Also I wish Nintendo would give us some solid release dates of the games coming soon. Btw I hope Switch gets many great indie ports because I would love replaying many of them on Switch. It is my new favorite platform for indies & breathes new life into games I thought I was over & finished with.

Deband

I want so many on switch but the lineup is so tiny. Why are all the Indies slacking (industry as a whole, really)? I want to give you my money! Except Binding of Isaac. Is 40 dollars why?

Cant wait for Hollow Knight. That's probably my main one. I also want something like Enter the Gungeon.

I think some posters mentioned that the binding of Isaac on pc with all expansions adds up to almost that price. I paid for it just to have a physical copy of my favorite game. Although I do have wraith of the lamb special edition for pc. So I think it's worth it.

The wish list for the best indies getting ported over to the Switch is getting shorter by the day. Keep on clicking that "Export to Nintendo Switch" button, devs!

fatty

The wish list for the best indies getting ported over to the Switch is getting shorter by the day. Keep on clicking that "Export to Nintendo Switch" button, devs!

I agree, I didn’t realize this thread was from a while back so skimming over it and seeing the games have made their way to Switch is nice. Dead Cells is currently on my radar.

Top Bottom