• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Headset Recommendation

ElfArmy177

Never heard of these. Can you use the Hyper's chat/volume box like you would the xbox's chat/volume box that's hooked up to the controller?

The ones I got, which are the hyper x core just use the Xbox settings to adjust volume ect. They make hyper x cloud 2 that have the volume on the cord (I think)

RedRum

Banned
The ones I got, which are the hyper x core just use the Xbox settings to adjust volume ect. They make hyper x cloud 2 that have the volume on the cord (I think)

Yup. You're right. Been looking at getting another pair of headsets. Looking at the XO sevens again but will do my research on these.

NeOak

Do you need an adapter?

Plug into the controller

hx-features-headset-cloud-family-5-lg.jpg

Izuna

Banned
Actually, I wanna highjack this thread asking for the best Mono headset that doesn't have any noise isolation. My cheap one broke and I really love the type of headset.

If you're willing to spend $60 more get the Steelseries Siberia 800 solid build and quality with solid sound quality. The bass lacks a little but but as someone who owns a PS4 and Xbox One these cans are the best.

It includes 2 sets of batteries which you can swap and charge in the transmitter it also includes. Anecdotally the batteries last 15-18 hours for me. I bought a switcher separately so I can switch from PS4/Xbox One/TV via optical out.

I use them everyday, I watch Netflix, play games, watch TV and listen to Spotify with them. For someone who lives in a small apartment and can't really have a sound system and enjoy it fully, these cans are just the best.

7D4gCDZ.jpg

borges

Banned
Last week I bought Playstation Gold Wireless, and so far is working really well (an for much less than 200 bucks). Be aware, though, that many people warned me about the build quality, which is, indeed... suspicious.

Ushay

I personally use the Hyper X Cloud II, it's great value and top sound quality, although I can't compare to others as I don't have much experience elsewhere.

Would like to know how these compare to the Astro A50s? Especially given the new sound capabilities in the new Xbox One X.

NeOak

I personally use the Hyper X Cloud II, it's great value and top sound quality, although I can't compare to others as I don't have much experience elsewhere.

Would like to know how these compare to the Astro A50s? Especially given the new sound capabilities in the new Xbox One X.

I would like to know this as well.

Doesn't matter, since the most you will get is 5.1. You need HDMI for 7.1 and no one has released a Dolby HD decoder to Dolby Headphone.

Ecto311

I have tested a ton of them and even the HD598 Sennheiser ones and I like the HyperX Cloud, Cloud 2, CloudX headphones more than anything else. The HD598 are good but the hyperx being an all in one fix with good sound, good mic and easy to use is hard to beat for me. Plus the HyperX have more bass that you can feel vs the HD598 being more accurate and open. Amazon warehouse deals had the CloudX for $55 with like new condition.

As far as I can tell all the clouds are the same, maybe a difference in the cloud to cloud 2 but nothing crazy aside from the 7.1 USB adapter. Got the Astro a10 recently to test and my daughter loves them but I don't like the sound as much. Feels like the mid range is muffled. The mic on the A10 is fantastic though.

Also try the windows sonic or Dolby Atmos in the settings on Xbox one. It made a big difference to me and it's still handled by the controller. No goofy mix amps or optical adapters needed for it.

Did you mod it to add these Mics? Aren't the plug sizes different?

You plug the mic and the headphones into a Y splitter that feeds them down the right TRRS plug config. They are $10 on average and it combines them to plug into the one plug on the Xbox controller.

HyperX Cloud. It is well-constructed, sounds great, and comes with an adapter so you can use it with your Xbox controller (provided it has a headphone jack). All for well under $100.

There are newer models of the Cloud available such as the Cloud II and the Cloud Revolver but I think the original Cloud is still the best bang for your buck.

Justinh

I use an Astro Mixamp with Fidelio X2s and it sounds wonderful. Since that would be above 200 dollars, I would recommend an Astro Mixamp and Phillips SHP 9500 , which I used before I got the new headphones. It's still a great sounding setup.

I like it this route because plugging a headset into a controller just isn't loud enough for me, but you'd have to deal with a cable running from you to the console.

edit: Oh, you'd have to get one of those Vmoda mic cable things too, and I wanted to say that the SHP 9500 are really, really freaking comfortable.

Did you mod it to add these Mics? Aren't the plug sizes different?

For the Antlion Mid mic, this is the solution, for the Vmoda, you can just plug that into the headphones as they have a removable 3.5mm audio cable.

looks like this

You plug the mic and the headphones into a Y splitter that feeds them down the right TRRS plug config. They are $10 on average and it combines them to plug into the one plug on the Xbox controller.

It's been amazing as most my headphones/headsets that go out are due to eventual kinks in the cabling, or sheering. If that happens with the audio technica's I can simply replace the cord.

For the Antlion Mid mic, this is the solution, for the Vmoda, you can just plug that into the headphones as they have a removable 3.5mm audio cable.

looks like this

It's been amazing as most my headphones/headsets that go out are due to eventual kinks in the cabling, or sheering. If that happens with the audio technica's I can simply replace the cord.

You sure? Thought they have a proprietary plug size, not 3.5mm

Colbert

Banned
Hyper x cloud. End thread. No you don't need 5.1 headphones. Hyper x cloud. You're welcome

Had those headphones. I did not like them. Even the Xbox Stereo Headset felt better than them (comfort, not audio capabilities). Sold them after 3 months.

RedRum

Banned
Had those headphones. I did not like them. Even the Xbox Stereo Headset felt better than them (comfort, not audio capabilities). Sold them after 3 months.

The only complaint I've seen around the internets about those headsets is that they aren't comfortable. Especially for people with large heads.

Been looking for a new set of Headphones.

I have a pair of Razer Chimaera (Wireless) and they are shit. They are tight on the head and not comfortable at all. And I hate the cloth padding.

I think I might sell them and go the HyperX Cloud 2.

Colbert

Banned
The only complaint I've seen around the internets about those headsets is that they aren't comfortable. Especially for people with large heads.

Don't knoe if I have a large head but yes they were not comfortable especially when using for a longer gaming session. It was more about the pressure and the coverage of my ears than having problems with the size of the headset.

Top Bottom