• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Fuller Says Talks Have Begun On Bringing Back HANNIBAL

darscot

I never watched an episode after the first one of season 3. Did it get better because that episode was really bad.

RangerX

Banned
I still haven't gotten around to season three because I was so depressed it was cancelled. Was it as good as the first two?

Pluto

If they do their version of Silence of the Lambs I want Will in the Hannibal role with Hannibal still on the run doing his thing
and breaking his murder husband out at the end
. Will as the killer in prison profiling Buffalo Bill could work very well, that was his original job anyway.

Zojirushi

Wait this show got canceled?? I stopped after Season 1 but was ready to jump back in.

Guess I'll just forget it ever existed now :(

Dead

well not really...yet
Possibly the greatest show ever.

Bring it back. If it sucks, the first 3 seasons stand on their own.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did Season 3 go into Red Dragon territory then? I only watched the first few eps, I need to rewatch the whole thing on Netflix.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wait this show got canceled?? I stopped after Season 1 but was ready to jump back in.

It's gonna come back. They're all on board and just needed to wait for the Amazon streaming deal to lapse before they could start shopping it around. Word has been that Netflix is foaming for it.

On the low chance it doesn't come back, there's like half a dozen posts already saying that the show ended perfectly. You're safe either way to continue watching.

The thing is, while the ending of season 3 was perfect, if Fuller wants to do more, he assuredly has something in mind that would make it work. He knows what he's doing. He's proven himself enough now that we should trust him.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
you know what to do, Netflix/Amazon/someonethatdoesntsuck

The show was always on the point of being canceled. You can safely watch any season and feel like you got a complete experience.

S2 in particular is really good. Michael Pitt as Mason Verger is great.

molnizzle

Meh.

Season 1 and 2 were solid, but that last season really left a sour taste in my mouth. I'd rather wait another decade or so and just reboot it.

S3 ends in a way that you could say the series is self contained as it is

I mean, you could clearly tell the point at which the show wasn't renewed and they had to scramble to wrap it up during the second half of the season. They did the best they could but it was still crap.

jett

D-Member
Not sure about this news, since I didn't really like the third season at all. Depends on where they go with the characters I guess. They definitely need to go non-network, and with someone that will hopefully give them more than the peanuts they got for the final season.

Turin

Banned
Having read interviews of Bryan Fuller, it definitely sounds like he feels has something left for another interesting season of the Hannibal. I just hope it's one and done. I never thought his original plan for 5-7 seasons was realistic.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
You bring it back please limit arty fartsy stuff, that shit almost made me switch off.

I think the cast where vital in the success it had, i don't know if mads would up for it seems like he is onto bigger things. It just wouldn't work without him for me.
Do not listen to this person. There are other shows for them.

Sheroking

I've never completely bought into the Hannibal hype, but I'd be so down for a Season 4 if they can start doing Silence of the Lambs.

Do not listen to this person. There are other shows for them.
Thank you!

There is no other show like hannibal, why try to take that away?

Loved every season and while the ending was perfect
the build up during the fight, leading to their final embrace made me cry both times I watched it
I would never say no to more.

More material for lame jokes!

tumblr_nv7188Y76y1qbsh19o3_250.gif
tumblr_nv7188Y76y1qbsh19o2_250.gif

tumblr_nv7188Y76y1qbsh19o1_250.gif
tumblr_nv7188Y76y1qbsh19o4_250.gif

Sojgat

Please happen. Show should never have been cancelled in the first place (though I was happy with the ending we got).

He couldn't split his commitments between Star Trek and American Gods, so I doubt anything will change here. Just focus on one show and not getting that cancelled.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i was so mad at this show during the first half of season three, and still kind of am, but I'd be happy to exist in a world where the people involved are still active and making money. i'd watch it.

I don't wanna get too hyped, but knowing Fuller wanted a 4th season and that this very well could be a thing since everyone is on board has me hyped.

Alienfan

I kind of liked how season 3 ended, I'm not sure how you could pick up from there. Unless they pull the same *psych* "they're actually alive" card they used in season 2.

Dadasch

Oh, I still have to watch Season 3 from episode 3 onwards. I love the series, problem is I didn't really understand what was going on (guess that's not so unusual if it's not your native tongue).

Haven't had a problem with the previous seasons but I generally refuse to watch these shows in german, although german dubs are not that bad.

I can see it being on the same channel as American Gods.

I would love to see it back... but only for one more season. I wanna see Silence of the Lambs in this world

Top Bottom