• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm | Spoiler Thread

Man, fuck Principle Wells.

The ending really got me surprised. Did not expect that at all. Also I didn't think the episode ends there.
Very curious on hoe Ep 3 will end. Its all so mysterious. I love it.

The two decisions in Drews room were so tough. I had no idea what to do.

Ahhh that was so good! The play was so great! What happens if you don't take the heat from Wells? Does Rachel really not star in it? Because boy you're missing out on a great scene if she doesn't. And the second Rachel's dad spilled the beans I was like "I knew it" even though I didn't know it but it makes a lot of sense. I mean, she's a blonde, and neither of her parents are.

Also if you didn't kiss Rachel I don't wanna know you.

I had a really hard time deciding what to do in Drew's room. I chose to intervene - it seemed like the best way out of a fucked up situation regardless. Frank's happy, Damon's happy, even Mikey, Drew and Steph are all right with you, although Mikey did break his arm.

I only sort of regret not giving Rachel's dad the business at dinner. My usual philosophy is that if there's a choice between doing a thing and not doing a thing, I'll always do the thing - but in this case it felt kind of out of line to tear into him while we were supposed to be cool and just ride out dinner, in his own home no less. It was interesting how the focalization shifted to Rachel as she tuned out all the noise right before she snapped though.

Can't wait for ep 3 but I'm also sad it'll be the last one. Trying really hard not to think about what I know about the original LiS now... I love these crazy kids.

Yes Rachel will still star in the play. She will drug Victoria to knock her out and take her place.

I'm also very proud I nailed the play. Memorized all my lines like a pro 8)

Yes Rachel will still star in the play. She will drug Victoria to knock her out and take her place.

I'm also very proud I nailed the play. Memorized all my lines like a pro 8)

wow that's kind of... fucked up? I flubbed one line, the hell is full one. The game didn't ding me too hard for it though because I got everything else right.

The dream text messages are always super fucked up. The Shakespeare one said "I'll trade your dad for Rachel. I need her to be a star. My star" and I was like omg the storm?

Really enjoyed this episode. The surprise was a twist. Kind of curious to see how all of this is wrapped up in one episode.

I feel like something is gonna happen with that Eliot guy after talking to Samuel and going into his dorm room. Samuel says he's hiding what he really is and then his poems which were kind of creepy.

There's so many moments when I'm playing where I'm having the time of my life only then for me to remember it's temporary because of what inevitably happens to Rachel.

Baby Pompidou is too cute. Chloe's jokes when talking to the Amber's were endearingly bad.

Also loved how during the backtalk with Rachel's dad her mom doesn't ever really blink at you shouting and calling her husband out and just keeps going what a lovely point she makes!

Loved the play stuff. Like with that and the game thing, I hope episode 3 also features another Chloe acts scene.

Having Rachel as a character makes me wish even more for the actual game we had more to Rachel then her just being dead all along.

So I'm guessing Rachel is the fire and Max is the something to look forward to that Chloe's dad spoke about in that dream?

I wonder if there's going to be any time jumps in episode 3 or if the game will just end with Chloe and Rachel still hanging out together. The game is in 2010 but Rachel doesn't go missing until 2013.

Frank having an entire cupboard of beans was great.

Maybe I made wrong decisions but does the preview we saw at the end of episode 1 for episode 2 of Chloe holding a door shut while someone slams on it happen at all in the episode? I get it has to do with stealing the money and it's probably Damon.

Maybe I made wrong decisions but does the preview we saw at the end of episode 1 for episode 2 of Chloe holding a door shut while someone slams on it happen at all in the episode? I get it has to do with stealing the money and it's probably Damon.

Yeah, I'm real curious about this. It didn't happen at all during my playthrough though I gave Damon the money when he was beating up Drew. Can anyone confirm it happens/doesn't happen if you stay with Mikey?

Fantomas

Just finished episode 2.

My decisions:
Went along with Rachel's story. (Why not? It was her idea!)
Refused to empty pockets. (Fuck fascists)
Stayed with Mikey. (And gave back the money)
Kissed Rachel. (Duh.)

Also, there's apparently 4 different ways to fuck with Victoria before the play? I got the lowest percent one, which was using backtalk to fuck with her mind and make her think acting is for losers.

This one felt really long, but that was fine with me. There were a lot of tough decisions to make. Like I had to take a break to think about whether or not to intervene when Drew was getting beat up.

The play was really fun, I had only skimmed through the lines before so I was mainly guessing. I did see the notes that said to walk up on the balcony or whatever so I knew to do that. Loved all of that dialogue though, and it was funny how the drama teacher reacted. I'd probably rank it pretty highly on the list of theater-based scenarios in games.

And then yeah, the ending scene. I definitely was not expecting that at all. Pretty good cliffhanger for episode 3, and I'll be interested to see where things go from here. They definitely sold me on Chloe and Rachel's relationship now, though thinking too much about the facts from the first game is kind of rough. Just makes it all the more sad seeing how close they were and how much that relationship really mattered to Chloe.

Yeah, I'm real curious about this. It didn't happen at all during my playthrough though I gave Damon the money when he was beating up Drew. Can anyone confirm it happens/doesn't happen if you stay with Mikey?

Stayed with Mikey, the scene in question did not happen. Damon yelled something about coming for Mikey next if Drew doesn't pay him, but that was all. No banging on the door.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
playing through episode 2 right now, ROFL the moment Chloe gets shown with the Raven helmet on she just dissed 30 seconds ago. hilarious

Alright, done!

I think this is the first time in this game where I didn't do the loudmouth thing, at the dinner. Tried to calm Rachel, which obviously didn't end up working.... but oh well.

Also wow at the HUGE majority of people helping Mikey. I'm glad I intervened and gave Damon the money, since both Steph and Drew seemed to thank me/understand in the end and Drew didn't get beat up. I figured him staying healthy and getting a full scholarship would be the best bet to get his dad off the street anyway, instead of 1000 dollars..... and having broken knees.

Also I think something horrible is going to happen to Samantha. I recommended she be there for Nathan and at the end the game shows her waiting for him WAY after everyone's left after the play and he walks to wards her smiling. So I think something horrible is going to happen to Samantha which will really push Nathan over the edge to eventually turn Jefferson-twisted and kill Rachel.

I covered for Rachel (fuck Blackwell anyway)
Refused to empty my pockets (fuck fascists)
Kissed Rachel (duh indeed)

I definitely didn't expect the ending going into the series, though I knew what the next line was going to be right after he said "that's not my mistress".

I wonder if there's going to be any time jumps in episode 3 or if the game will just end with Chloe and Rachel still hanging out together. The game is in 2010 but Rachel doesn't go missing until 2013.

Wondering this too, but with how this is developing I just can't really imagine how they'll do it. From the original game it didn't feel like Rachel&Chloe were this super-couple for three whole years. So all I can think of is that something happens which turns her to Frank instead? Given that Frank&Rachel had... SOMETHING, but the game hasn't explored that at all yet. And it always felt like what Frank&Rachel had was bigger than what Chloe&Rachel had? So I think something will happen to turn Rachel from Chloe to Frank.

They definitely sold me on Chloe and Rachel's relationship now, though thinking too much about the facts from the first game is kind of rough. Just makes it all the more sad seeing how close they were and how much that relationship really mattered to Chloe.

Same :(

Manu

-You asked Rachel for a kiss 75%

-You asked Rachel to get a tattoo 14%

-You asked Rachel to give you her bracelet 11%

I didn't even have the kiss option available. Probably because I told Steph Rachel was single earlier :(

I didn't even have the kiss option available. Probably because I told Steph Rachel was single earlier :(

I'm in the 3% that told Samantha to say the fuck away from Nathan. I don't even.

Xiofire

Anyone catch the introduction of Mark Jefferson and his photography course on the school radio in the Junkyard?
I thought that was great foreshadowing to his introduction next ep.

Overall I really enjoyed it, a much more cozy ep in comparison to the first one, with a lot more humour throughout to ease the drama beats. Special shout out to the snap cut to Chloe in the outfit for the play after she said she'd never be caught dead in it.

I just love this series, really looking forward to what Decknine bring to the finale and what Dontnod do for Season 2.

I told Steph that Rachel was single and still had the option to kiss her.

Played episode 2. I'm really enjoying this game a lot; it will never live up to my adoration of the first game, but I really relate to Chloe a lot so I'm loving this one too.

I laughed really hard at one point because when David demanded that Chloe empty her pockets, I was like "Show me a warrant, asshole," and then Chloe said almost that exact phrase.

When David asked me to empty my pockets I thought that I didn't have the weed with me because Justin took it. I didn't know I still had some.
So I was like "Yeah, sure take a look whats in my pocket asshole" and then I knew I fucked up when I saw the weed.

This episode had some funny moments indeed, made me chuckle a couple of times.

Xiofire

When David asked me to empty my pockets I thought that I didn't have the weed with me because Justin took it. I didn't know I still had some.
So I was like "Yeah, sure take a look whats in my pocket asshole" and then I knew I fucked up when I saw the weed.

This episode had some funny moments indeed, made me chuckle a couple of times.

Oh wow, this must have been based on stuff from the first ep then? Because I emptied my pockets and had no weed at all.

I'm in the 3% that told Samantha to say the fuck away from Nathan. I don't even.

I made the right choice on that one. I told her to give him distance. He came out of his tent after being heckled during the play and she was there waiting for him, alone. She stood and clapped and it was one of the nicest most touching moments of the whole damn episode.

Life is Strange (not Before the Storm) spoilers:
Is her name on any of the photo albums in LiS?

Did you tell her you thought you were going to be friends at the end of Ep1, instead of something more?

Mendrox

Oh wow, this must have been based on stuff from the first ep then? Because I emptied my pockets and had no weed at all.

Yup me too. My friend and me knew we didn't have any weed in our pockets.

So we just showed it to him and loved the reaction. :p

Xiofire

Yup me too. My friend and me knew we didn't have any weed in our pockets.

So we just showed it to him and loved the reaction. :p

Haha I need a gif of her going to pull something out of her pocket and just flipping the bird.

Looks like you didn't use that sweet 200 Dollars you stole to buy that sweet ganja from Frank eh.

Oh damn, that's what you can use the dollars for? I just let the guys car roll away, I didn't rob him :c

I thought this was a really good episode, so many little stand out scenes.

The bathroom after you get expelled, Chloe going crazy and graffitis the entire bathroom.
The tempest play, especially when you get it correct.
The awkward setting up table for dinner, talking to Rachel’s parents and of course the dinner.
Toasting Marshmallows at the car fire with dad, creepy.
Speaking to Samuel outside the dorms, he’s crazy.

Haven’t got my choices to hand..from what I remember bough.

I did empty my pockets, when I checked out my locker I knew I had no weed on me, Chloe’s reaction was so worth it.
I took the blame for Rachel after I found out she would miss the play, she can’t miss that play.
I opened the door to the dealer and gave him the money, this one got my for a few moments genuinely didn’t know what was gonna happen, the dealer was railing pretty hard on Drew outside so I caved, Mikey ended up with a broken arm though which in turn caused Steph to miss the play.
I kissed Rachel, of course, there are apparently some variations on the length of kisses, managed to get the full scene.
I told Samantha to be there for Nathan and felt the little scene at the end was worth it.
I also confronted Nathan’s dad after they argued.
I made Victoria drink the tea she spiked, then she fainted in the next scene.

I’m gonna be sad when it’s over, only next episode and Max chapter to go, I kinda hope we end up with an open ending and maybe get another LiS Chloe game by Deck Nine, they have done a great job with this.

I want this to be an Alternate Universe so badly. I don't want Rachel to die. I don't want Chloe to die or all of Arcadia Bay to be wiped off the map. The town has its problems but geez that's extreme. Thinking about the ending of LiS legit makes me feel bad. Not like, "oh it's so sad" just, I don't know, some kind of upset. I really don't like what Dontnod did there and this being so good only makes it worse!

Smiley90

I thought this was a really good episode, so many little stand out scenes.

The bathroom after you get expelled, Chloe going crazy and graffitis the entire bathroom.
The tempest play, especially when you get it correct.
The awkward setting up table for dinner, talking to Rachel's parents and of course the dinner.
Toasting Marshmallows at the car fire with dad, creepy.
Speaking to Samuel outside the dorms, he's crazy.

Haven't got my choices to hand..from what I remember bough.

I did empty my pockets, when I checked out my locker I knew I had no weed on me, Chloe's reaction was so worth it.
I took the blame for Rachel after I found out she would miss the play, she can't miss that play.
I opened the door to the dealer and gave him the money, this one got my for a few moments genuinely didn't know what was gonna happen, the dealer was railing pretty hard on Drew outside so I caved, Mikey ended up with a broken arm though which in turn caused Steph to miss the play.
I kissed Rachel, of course, there are apparently some variations on the length of kisses, managed to get the full scene.
I told Samantha to be there for Nathan and felt the little scene at the end was worth it.
I also confronted Nathan's dad after they argued.
I made Victoria drink the tea she spiked, then she fainted in the next scene.

I'm gonna be sad when it's over, only next episode and Max chapter to go, I kinda hope we end up with an open ending and maybe get another LiS Chloe game by Deck Nine, they have done a great job with this.

huh? I mean, I can see how it was essentially three different camera angles stitched together and some people might not get everything, but that's still surprising to me. You sure?

JonnyKong

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as episode 1 to be honest, it was still good don't get me wrong, but it felt like it dragged on for ageeeees, I found the play rather boring as well, but I realise I'm going to be in the minority there.

Excellent soundtrack as per usual.

JDB

Banned
Really enjoyed the episode. I feel like some of the cuts to different scenes along with when music kicked in were a bit awkward at times, but overall still a very solid episode by the end.
I'm really curious where the story is going to end. We know there's still a big gap between this and when Rachel goes missing. Wonder how they'll handle that.

Also, beans!

I kept the money and didnt intervene and they all thanked me and said stuff like im a hero but was really though choice, drew got his leg broken and i'm thinking of replaying the save cause i'm gonna feel like shit if he's not going to be able to sports anymore because of that.

JDB

Banned
I kept the money and didnt intervene and they all thanked me and said stuff like im a hero but was really though choice, drew got his leg broken and i'm thinking of replaying the save cause i'm gonna feel like shit if he's not going to be able to sports anymore because of that.
I think you get a text later on that he's fine. I read that as him being okay to keep playing (or at least soon). Also, you stealing a homeless man's money? :(

huh? I mean, I can see how it was essentially three different camera angles stitched together and some people might not get everything, but that's still surprising to me. You sure?

I’m not so sure now. I read it on a reddit post but now that I’ve watched a few videos of the scene, they were all the same, maybe those peoples choices were similar.

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as episode 1 to be honest, it was still good don't get me wrong, but it felt like it dragged on for ageeeees, I found the play rather boring as well, but I realise I'm going to be in the minority there.

Excellent soundtrack as per usual.

The first episode was better paced for sure, I agree with that. Also the junkyard scene was not matched in this. But I loved the play and the further development in the Rachel/Chloe relationship.

JDB

Banned
6mnjurca9ysz.gif

Smiley90

So, if you didn't give Damon the money, Drew is dead, right?

I think he just gets beaten SEVERELY, not dead.

Which is why I came and gave Damon the money, because I was sure that he'd break Drew, which would cause him to lose his scholarship sports admission, and that's really his best bet to get his dad out of homelessness.

Necron

Victoria drinking the tea and fainting afterwards was hilarious somehow.

Goes along perfectly with the drama teacher as well, lol.

RedHill

Banned
I think he just gets beaten SEVERELY, not dead.

Which is why I came and gave Damon the money, because I was sure that he'd break Drew, which would cause him to lose his scholarship sports admission, and that's really his best bet to get his dad out of homelessness.
If you give Damon the money, at the end Damon crosses off Drew's debt. If you stay with Mikey, Damon puts a bloody fingerprint on Drew's debt. That makes me think Drew may have died in the hospital.

Smiley90

If you give Damon the money, at the end Damon crosses off Drew's debt. If you stay with Mikey, Damon puts a bloody fingerprint on Drew's debt. That makes me think Drew may have died in the hospital.

I'd more think it's "Beaten Bloody as a warning", as a reminder that next time he doens't pay up he'll be dead. but yeah.

Giving the money is definitely the right thing, even Drew says so himself afterwards. Also doesn't risk the scholarship.

Fantomas

I don't think so, Mikey seems to imply via text messages that Drew is ok if I remember right. His knee is probably fucked though.
I think the bloody fingerprint could have been like a "paid with blood" kind of stamp too, but it's open to interpretation.

I don't think so, Mikey seems to imply via text messages that Drew is ok if I remember right. His knee is probably fucked though.
I think the bloody fingerprint could have been like a "paid with blood" kind of stamp too, but it's open to interpretation.
Or that Damon will kill Drew later. On Rachel Dads file it says that Damon is being investigated with murder. Just saying.

JDB

Banned
Yeah the ending made it seem like Drew died (Mikey crying and the bad dude marking the debt with blood), but that wouldn't make any sense considering he was nowhere near dead after getting beat up.

Did anyone who rejected Eliot go in his room and read his diary? Dude needs some help. I knew it was a good idea to reject him in episode 1. I'm going to do a second play through where I accept his advances though and see how different his journal is.

Smiley90

Did anyone who rejected Eliot go in his room and read his diary? Dude needs some help. I knew it was a good idea to reject him in episode 1. I'm going to do a second play through where I accept his advances though and see how different his journal is.

yeah that last page was oO

I accepted him in one of my playthroughs and the journal pages are the same.

Top Bottom