• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Ouch, the look on his face immediately after he said it, you could see him realize he was on stream. It was as if his life flashed before his eyes, speechless.

Watch the full video. Not only does he say it again but he discusses at length with some other jackass the fact that he does not care and neither do his viewers. He doesn't show any regret let alone remorse

Ughhh and now Boogie is saying "I'm sure it was just a stupid mistake" I know that he means well but he should really stay away from topics like this because "we can meet in the middle" is trash when it comes to straight racist garbage and hate.

No stop saying Boogie means well. He never means well. Boogie is weaponized nice to the max.

I'm teaching at a middle school this year, and the kids throw slurs around constantly. I talk with them and they don't see why it's not ok. Even had one kid openly call a black student a "gorilla" in my classroom.

There is no hope for the future.

Ughhh and now Boogie is saying "I'm sure it was just a stupid mistake" I know that he means well but he should really stay away from topics like this because "we can meet in the middle" is trash when it comes to straight racist garbage and hate.

boogie is a lameass. Much like H3H3, he's just trying to protect his Youtube money.

That doesn't matter. It would be just as bad no matter what he said. Please don't propagate the idea that variants of the word are somehow more acceptable.

uhhh this is probably a road you don't want to go down

That doesn't matter. It would be just as bad no matter what he said. Please don't propagate the idea that variants of the word are somehow more acceptable.

The fact is, most racist defenders always tell everybody how ''n**ga'' is only a joking word just like ''asshole'', and ''anyone could say it accidently, it's not racist''

What I am saying here is that PDP didn't even said the ''joking'' n-word, he flat out said the racist n-word. No one should defend that.

I am not saying it's okay to say it, I am just saying the word he use is really REALLY racist, like 100% racist 0% joking kind of racist.

Mahonay

Banned
He doesn't mean well.

The only way he's going to learn his lesson at this point is if YouTube permanently suspends his account and cuts off his primary source of income. He already lost his Disney deal and that didn't seem to affect him much at all.

Otherwise he's going to keep doing it and just say "fuck you" to anyone who criticizes him.

Carcetti

Why would we assume he means well when he's made his mission to invariable defend racists and assholes? At this point he's either stupid, shamelessly pandering to the alt-right viewers or just one of them himself.

He was a better person when he pretended to be Francis.

Anung

Un Rama

I think Boogie maybe actually be worse than a lot of these people because at least you know what they are and where they stand. Boogie is quite happy to passively enable shitty behaviour and will go lengths to excuse it.

He'll pull the "I didn't actually watch the video" card when people start shouting at him that felix clearly doesn't regret it and it wasn't a mistake as he says it later in the stream. Then he'll pull the woe is me shit he always pulls to deflect and garner sympathy despite being called out for being a fence sitting asshole who stans for racists.

VariantX

It's literally always been like this.

If you like those kinds of games, get PUBG, turn off voice chat, and enjoy yourself. Play with friends. But PUBG isn't an anomoly, Pewdipie's outburst is a symptom of the problem, not the root.

Yes. Every few months or so, someone makes a thread complaining that no one uses public chat anymore and it was great before everyone used party chat. People explain why, and 9/10 they will try to sweep the various flavors of racist, misogynistic crap people say under the rug as trash talk. Like they have zero ability to empathize with others, and just want a stage for their asshole behavior.

danm999

He does not mean well.

Watch boogie's reactions to fat shaming vs racism and tell me he doesn't only care about problems where he is impacted.

Jombie

No, he needs to engage. It only helps show what a worthless fucking coward he is.

He knows his audience is at least partially comprised of these apologists and doesn't want to drive them off. It's all about the clicks.

People are right in saying it was a mistake, it definitely was but outbursts like that are a window into someone's heart and mind.

Can't believe people are trying to defend this guy

He's had the extreme privilege of being able to make a fortune playing video games for a living, and can't even be held to basic standards like "don't say racist shit"

At my job I would be fired for talking like that

PDP is fucking disgusting.

Also, has anyone identified the other dude on the stream? I've been lurking the thread for awhile and have only seen him referred to as "the other guy," but based on his remarks after I really think he should be shat on as well.

Also on the BBC news website as well.

Pewds done fucked up big time.

I mean, he fucked up pretty bad last time too. Like what excuse can he possibly give for what he said this time? It wouldn't surprise me if he still blamed the MSM for this after/during his apology. If he even gives one. He sucks so bad and his defenders are even worse than he is.

Ozigizo

He knows his audience is at least partially comprised of these apologists and doesn't want to drive them off. It's all about the clicks.

People are right in saying it was a mistake, it definitely was but outbursts like that are a window into someone's heart and mind.

I'd imagine most people don't spout racist bullshit when they get angry. It most certainly does show their true nature if they do.

Also on the BBC news website as well.

Pewds done fucked up big time.

PDP has already conditioned his subscribers to believe the MSM is the enemy. They demonize the MSM. And I'm pretty sure all of his MSM sponsors like Disney et. all have dropped him so he has no more to lose on that end. It will be interesting if he actually does feel any financial backlash from this incident.

Boogie is an equivocating, apologist coward.

Just a reminder Boogie's meltdown here was because he was "distraught" that Gaffers were being "mean" to Gamergaters.

He's been playing this fucking can't we all get along (wherein get along means can't you just let racists be racist, sexists be sexist and harassers harass unimpeded) for years.

Why would we assume he means well when he's made his mission to invariable defend racists and assholes? At this point he's either stupid, shamelessly pandering to the alt-right viewers or just one of them himself.

He was a better person when he pretended to be Francis.

To be fair AND this is totally on me, the only time I've seen anything before this was the Jontron thing. I just watched Boogies videos on video game consoles and watched a few Twitch streams where he seemed like a good dude.

Guess not though, shitty man. Defending this AND Jon Jafari makes you either super naive or just apathetic...

Scoops

Banned
In this case "the other viewpoint" is defending racial slurs.

"All opinions are equal"

Poor guys.

Yeah, ''''viewpoint''''.

Because the other viewpoint was literally white supremacism...

It's kind of hard to want minorities to be killed and not be banned at the same time, wouldn't you agree?

That's false. People dont get banned for expressing different opinion but for crossing a line. That's totally different.

Also not everything is a matter of opinion or viewpoint.

What other viewpointcan you have about a guy using the nword as a racial slur, as an insult ?

Like defending a guy using the n-word? That's a "viewpoint" to you?

Racist apologists don't provide anything to conversations.

Other view points is what we call racism now?

The biggest fucking eyeroll to you.

When your viewpoints align with, white supremacism and racism, sure.

So tell us how you really feel. Don't throw the stone and hide the hand.

Hey, go ahead, tell us your viewpoint then.

This is a dumb post.

that's some high quality bait you've got there friendo

got an example of people being banned for their views alone, and not for being either arrogant, shitposters, or a combination of both?

As someone who's been banned more than once, and is assuredly more "left" than 90% of the people on this site, that's not really true.

If you're vocally right leaning, you will not find much company here. But you won't be banned for it until you start blatantly dogwhistling. Which tends to happen quite often. At least in my experience of not being here pre election season.

There are a lot of conservatives who frequent OT whom I frequently disagree with yet manage to avoid being blatantly disrespectful. And people tend to disagree with me over there a lot.

The opposing viewpoint of "racism is ok" or being an apologist has no right to be a legitimate viewpoint in here. Neogaf is not a democracy, if you have an issue with the site being socially conscious then you can leave for another community.

People get banned for racism, misogyny, and various anti-LGBT stances. The fact that some major political parties have picked those things up as badges of pride is incidental.

I'm not a PoliGAF regular, but I don't see random GAF libertarians getting banned for their economic views in related threads. Even if 90% of the thread is arguing against them. As long as the argument isn't a derail of course.

Sounds like you're crying that you can't be openly Racist, Transphobic, Homophobic, etc.

Racism or Advocating for Genocide isn't a "different point of view" or "political opinion". There's no in between or both sides there. People of color being human beings isn't up for debate.

Every time I think this thread won't deliver again it does.

Almost time for a wall of shame.

Only going to quote two pages worth of responses to my post because I have limited time but my post was specifically addressing "progressive strongholds on the internet for the 2016 US election," as was said in the post I quoted and which I further bolded to make sure it was clear. It was not the incident this thread is about, an event I find terrible by the way. My post isn't "defending racial slurs" because I wasn't even referring to the topic of this thread if you actually look at what I quoted.

The fact that so many people jumped on me for that only further proves my point that Neogaf is a hostile place to anyone with even normal center right views or anyone who isn't a "progressive" really, and this place is nothing more then an echo chamber when it comes to just about any political discussion and is a bit detached from the real world to be honest. That's why I generally stay out of off-topic, but this thread was in gaming discussion...

If what you all are saying is "non-progressism = racism" then we have nothing further to talk about because frankly there's no point in engaging with someone with that viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in taking the thread any more off topic, but so many people quoted me with nonsense or stuff inapplicable to what I even said calling me all sorts of names I felt like I had to respond.

This could be the actual end of his career, this isn't a ''tasteless joke'' like last time, this isn't even an attempted joke.

It's literally him angrily calling someone a ''fucking n***er'' twice....on a livestream...

I don't think the media will let this one go.

I'm surprised anyone still watches Boogie, hes been a gamergate apologist for years, pleading the 'both sides' BS. He couldn't take a stand on any issue if his life depended on it.

NexusCell

To be fair AND this is totally on me, the only time I've seen anything before this was the Jontron thing. I just watched Boogies videos on video game consoles and watched a few Twitch streams where he seemed like a good dude.

Guess not though, shitty man. Defending this AND Jon Jafari makes you either super naive or just apathetic...

I would definitely say he is naive to a fault.

BigDes

Of course he is

Fucker never found a fence he didn't want to shove up his ass. He doesn't mean well, he's just a coward.

Fat4all

Banned
Only going to quote two pages worth of responses to my post because I have limited time but my post was specifically addressing "progressive strongholds on the internet for the 2016 US election," as was said in the post I quoted and which I further bolded to make sure it was clear. It was not the incident this thread is about, an event I find terrible by the way. My post isn't "defending racial slurs" because I wasn't even referring to the topic of this thread if you actually look at what I quoted.

The fact that so many people jumped on me for that only further proves my point that Neogaf is a hostile place to anyone with even normal center right views or anyone who isn't a "progressive" really, and this place is nothing more then an echo chamber when it comes to just about any political discussion and is a bit detached from the real world to be honest. That's why I generally stay out of off-topic, but this thread was in gaming discussion...

If what you all are saying is "non-progressism = racism" then we have nothing further to talk about because frankly there's no point in engaging with someone with that viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in taking the thread any more off topic, but so many people quoted me with nonsense or stuff inapplicable to what I even said I felt like I had to respond.

so you're not gonna give me any examples, or...?

Anyway, I'm not really interested in taking the thread any more off topic, but so many people quoted me with nonsense or stuff inapplicable to what I even said calling me all sorts of names I felt like I had to respond.
Ok, bye!

Ozigizo

Lots of people were willing and able to call you out on your bullshit.

Bye.

Joeku

This could be the actual end of his career, this isn't a ''tasteless joke'' like last time, this isn't even an attempted joke.

It's literally him angrily calling someone a ''fucking n***er'' twice....on a livestream...

I don't think the media will let this one go.

And I hope they fucking don't.

Let him rot in the shit stew he's been brewing for years, and let the bloat stand as a message that the gaming community should be better than this, but is so fucking far from it.

There's work to do.

labx

Banned

k1I6Y5h.jpg

His whole act of the "nice guy" who tries to make amends and normalize everything is old and dangerous because people start to believe that everything is O.K.

And

Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions. -T.S. Eliot

So this is the hill you want to die on, is it?

Just saying, you could have picked a better hill.

and this place is nothing more then an echo chamber when it comes to just about any political discussion and is a bit detached from the real world to be honest.

The "real world" is a racist shit hole and being center right means being a racist apologist (aka a racist) in today's political climate.

This thread is really making me paranoid I'm going to get upset one day and just accidentally call my wife or boss a ni.......

I've had this fear for a long time too (I mean I just visited a psychologist about this issue) And just to clarify, I don't mean "Oh gee, I hope I'm not 'caught' *wink*" but rather, "What if I say it out of the blue? No control? Like some part of my brain thinks 'you see it said all the time anyway'. Oh God, I don't want to hurt anyone!"

Mahonay

Banned

Your shitpost deserved the reaction it got.

I'm pretty toxic online. I have a rather short temper and get frustrated easily. I'm known for cursing out teammates in most every competitive game I play.

And yet... in all my outbursts I've never once used a racial, homophobic, or sexist slur.

How is it that I'm able to contain myself even in a fit of rage, and so many other people can't? It's not hard, lol.

I mean...okay, but things like this are going to happen in any game with an open mic. Because people think they're cute.

But your ass ain't cute rei rei.

Of course it's not the games fault, it's the inhabitants. But it is what it is..

I don't feel like having it in my home, 😂. The game sold like 10 million, they don't need money. When games are coming out like they are it's easier to scratch shit like this off, all I'm saying.

I just showed my guy who wanted to play pubg and he said the same thing.. he feels like if he can't play a game without sacrifices (turning off chat) then why bother?

But by all means I hope peoples stay safe and don't have to endure crap like this while trying to have fun

hbkdx12

I think Boogie maybe actually be worse than a lot of these people because at least you know what they are and where they stand. Boogie is quite happy to passively enable shitty behaviour and will go lengths to excuse it.

He'll pull the "I didn't actually watch the video" card when people start shouting at him that felix clearly doesn't regret it and it wasn't a mistake as he says it later in the stream. Then he'll pull the woe is me shit he always pulls to deflect and garner sympathy despite being called out for being a fence sitting asshole who stans for racists.

This. 1000%

Things like this don't have room for people who want to sit on the fence and try to tow the line in favor of some completely naive idealized harmonization of both sides coming together and singing kumbaya. If that's your mission then go sit the fuck down somewhere, which still would speak volumes to your character anyway but at least you're not muddying up the conversation that needs to be happen around this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom