• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckaneo

GAF resides at the top rung of the moral ladder. Please pass judgment upon this white supremacist alt right nazi before he can infect more impressionable youth you have sworn to safeguard against language.

You could start by using your real account.

LotusHD

Banned
GAF resides at the top rung of the moral ladder. Please pass judgment upon this white supremacist alt right nazi before he can infect more impressionable youth you have sworn to safeguard against language.

Moths. To. The. Fucking. Flame.

FUME5

I agree that there should be consequences, given the reach he has. I'm not particularly fond of racists.

Out of curiosity, who here said a slur in private regarding Muslims, Asians, etc. in their daily life ? Just wondering how widespread this is. Not trying to defend him.

Had he said it in private, would it be okay ? I see racism everyday (I'm Muslim) and I never see this kind of reaction from bystanders. My wife was spit on, I was insulted, etc. Yet, the general feeling we get is that people don't care. I'm surprised at the reaction people have here. That's good !

If someone is a cunt, I call them a cunt, there's no need for me to add a racial or religious descriptor to that statement, whether privately or in public.

How about yourself?

I know those feels. I know them well. I remember my first encounter with these types was in Perfect Dark Zero. A whole match of a guy yelling as many epithets as he could in the 10 minute match we had together. That was almost what? 15 years ago. Still remember that encounter.

That and being the spectacle, "wait black people play _______ (fill in the non-sports or CoD game on PC)??" And the game-long conversation that must now take place. It's exhausting.

Yep so jump forward this year and i was about to join his party chat and the racist guy is there... So i didnt even bother joining.... But people are out there that associate with racist and I don't understand that... I don't associate with people that are morally bankrupt

Mesoian

You see people saying racist slurs when they think they're alone?

Yes.
Though that's not really fair, IcePosideon is dramatically more of a piece of shit than PewdiPie is.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not gonna give that views.

But yeah. Yeah they do.

Eria

Serious question from someone who doesn't follow youtubers at all: Who is H3H3? Reading some comments around here is a nazi who is friend with PDP?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's not even fun anymore. Like, they're not even original. They're just stupid. Why even bother quoting them at this point?

not+the+boss.png

ymgve

If someone is a cunt, I call them a cunt, there's no need for me to add a racial or religious descriptor to that statement, whether privately or in public.

How about yourself?

You should consider stopping using gendered insults though.

Just say "Asshole". No one is offended by that.

HeeHo

I hadn't checked the boards all day and I'm just seeing this. Man, he screwed up big time.

I'm of the opinion that if he said it so casually then he must say it pretty damn often too. It's a shame that some of his younger viewers probably will think it's funny for the shock value alone and then end up imitating it.

KaoteK

So we've seen people on YouTube with amazing content get flagged for being "advertiser unfriendly" (shout out to Karak).

In the meantime, this piece of shit is presumably raking it in despite having been;

- Sexist
- Homophobic
- Racist

On numerous occasions and the advertisers (or Google) are OK with it?

Can't ignore all those views I guess...

spannicus

Funny thing is dudes been playing games for years and still feels the need to insult others when he loses. Pure manchild with millions of followers and dollars. Smh never understood how many entertainers arent aware of their unofficial role model status.

wamberz1

Serious question from someone who doesn't follow youtubers at all: Who is H3H3? Reading some comments around here is a nazi who is friend with PDP?
Don't follow him myself, But I believe he runs a channel which covers a lot of "youtube drama".

He's friends with a lot of alt-right assholes and has defended other YT's who did shit like this in the past (jontron for example, I think)

TheOGB

Banned
Of all questionable Youtubers, Ethan probably isn't a Nazi.

But as they saying goes, those who lie with dogs get up with fleas.

I have never made an alt account. I would probably only consider making one if I were ever perma'd because not being able to post on GAF ever again would probably eat away at my well-being. Its part of my almost daily routine at this point

Boke1879

So we've seen people on YouTube with amazing content get flagged for being "advertiser unfriendly" (shout out to Karak).

In the meantime, this piece of shit is presumably raking it in despite having been;

- Sexist
- Homophobic
- Racist

On numerous occasions and the advertisers (or Google) are OK with it?

Can't ignore all those views I guess...

Funny enough HE'S the reason YT has been cracking down so much recently. I believe Disney dropped him. But since then YT has been cracking down because advertisers don't want their shit associated with potential shitbags like him.

Now he's fucked up yet again. It's a pattern people. Not a mistake. So you'll probably see more content creators come out against him. Because he's IS fucking up their money as well.

I don't often watch their videos, but H3H3 are a husband/wife comedy duo (well mainly the husband). They are also Jewish and the wife is Israeli so no they aren't nazis.

Does Ethan turn a blind eye to his friends' racism and antisemitism? That's another story.

H3h3 is a youtuber and he's funny, but politically he's center to a fault and he always ends up defending his friends...... his friends are pewdiepie and jontron. And while I think H3H3 isn't a nazi.... he was way too comfortable repeating N*****Fa**** when given the chance.

Also, what is it with white adults trying to get away with it. Do they just miss the feel of getting caught when they say fuck so they moved on to this or what? It's a fucking embarrassment.

KaoteK

Oh and as a European, the "but he doesn't know" excuse is pure bullshit. Everyone knows how derogatory that word is, and the awful history behind it. Fuck off with those trash apologetics.

besada

Banned
He was a junior until just a moment ago. I'm pretty sure he's banned now and instead of the normal "banned" tag his post was so stupid it earned him a consolation prize after the banning.

It was one of those two people draw and fire at once things, and one of the people was an admin who could tag people.

Boke1879

This isn't going to change until it's put in front of their parents in places where they will see it. PDP making the headlines is one thing, but could really crack this open if it makes primetime tv news.

This is quite frankly why this story needs to blow up. Of course it won't reach every adult, but this info needs to be out there and put out there with the video.

I don't often watch their videos, but H3H3 are a husband/wife comedy duo (well mainly the husband). They are also Jewish and the wife is Israeli so no they aren't nazis.
Milo Yiannapolis is Jewish and the Israeli Prime Minister's son posts anti-semitic memes that get retweeted by David Duke.

Being Jewish or Israeli is not a shield

Fat4all

Banned
This is quite frankly why this story needs to blow up. Of course it won't reach every adult, but this info needs to be out there and put out there with the video.
are you sure we shouldn't just stop talking about it online and discuss it only with our best friend, his sister, and his sisters dog?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Can more of you racist dumb fucks post your hot takes? I am enjoying seeing you get banned.
They don't realize that there's so many of them that it's boring and derivative and we forget their usernames after about two minutes at best.

Fercho

Man, almost every page in this thread is a very tall hill these idiots choose to come and die. They are uber stupid too.

I'm amazed how many people chose this particular instance to start defending casual n-word usage, and for Pewdiepie of all people, who has a history of this kind of stuff. Nobody needs to worry about him, he's gonna be just fine after this.

Is there a reason why people are not IP banned? Banning alt accounts doesn't seem like a good enough punishment considering the people behind them evade the consequences by using their real account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom