• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Links coming to Global!

Thores

Ohhh shit. I didn't know this existed but I had a lot of fun with Cyber Sleuth. Hope this comes to iOS at about the same time!

Piers

If it's also coming to iOS:
F u c k y e s

On that note, prior to this news something I did find odd was that the description was already translated to English in the Japanese iOS App store. It can't of been an auto-translate as it was too accurate.
Is that just some odd common practice for different stores?

bjork

If it's also coming to iOS:
F u c k y e s

On that note, prior to this news something I did find odd was that the description was already translated to English in the Japanese iOS App store. It can't of been an auto-translate as it was too accurate.
Is that just some odd common practice for different stores?

There are quite a few Japanese app store listings in english. Some of them will also list english as one of the app's languages but that isn't always true.

MattAces

Played it for awhile, the game is alright.
Combat is similar to Cyber Sleuth but more random where anything could happen. As in no matter which ability you are selecting is pointless.
The animation, sound effect and assets are all recycled from Cyber Sleuth.
It gets boring after an hour+, there's the classic "auto" button which discourages me to even attempt to play it. There's no real challenge and everything felt pointless.
Microtransaction is quite forgiving from what I've remembered, and yes it's a gacha game.

Nev

Banned
Is this like Pokemon Go? Is it like Digimon World? What is it like?

Edit: build your farm ehhh no thanks.

Can't believe they're giving this a bastardized localization after Heroes actually had the first ever good localization for Digimon in the west.

Hard pass. Wish there was a way to play the Japanese version on my US phone.

Aurizen

Can't believe they're giving this a bastardized localization after Heroes actually had the first ever good localization for Digimon in the west.

Hard pass. Wish there was a way to play the Japanese version on my US phone.

I think this was a more preferred version than Heroes. I hope it releases soon.

NMFried

I'll definitely try this out. Usually games like this hold me for a week or so, but it'll be a fun week at least.

Aurizen

I'll definitely try this out. Usually games like this hold me for a week or so, but it'll be a fun week at least.

Yeah I'm waiting for an announcement from their official page to see when they'll release it. I think it'll be good and would keep me for a while.

Bowlie

Banned
Woo, thanks for the thread!

Though I didn't like Heroes much, with how repetitive it was and how the card "combat" wasn't very interesting, this seems way more what I'd want from a digimon game.

Kakaroach

What are the chances this game will have characters/digimon from season 4? That wa my favorite season of digimon and I would love to play this game if it had those characters.

Aurizen

What are the chances this game will have characters/digimon from season 4? That wa my favorite season of digimon and I would love to play this game if it had those characters.

TBH I'm hoping they do have the hybrid 10 legendary Warriors.
Is it good? Good ideas? Fun to play? Fair business model?
Or the typical mobile nonsense?

This game pretty much plays like Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I hear there's a lot of grinding for materials but things could change in the Global version.

Played a bit now. Gameplay is impressive, looks even better as the PS4 game and also has live coop. Damn.

Premium currency seems fair, at the beginning at least, that guaranteed mega pull for 200 mega stones seems easy farmable, at least once and the rest, farm, building, evolving seems very charming too.

MicH

I'm quite surprised by how much I like this game. Really awesome.

You can get a MetalGreymon really early on which is a bit broken :p

JSoup

Banned
Tell me it has many of the toy and puppet digimon.
Toy Agumon is amazing and ExTyrannomon is awesome.

Tell me it has many of the toy and puppet digimon.
Toy Agumon is amazing and ExTyrannomon is awesome.

It’s the Cyber Sleuth base roster + few extras, so ToyAgumon and Monzaemon are in. Puppetmon and Tankmon if you count those too. No ExTyrannomon.

Qwark

So it has gacha and city building timers? Bleh. At least the battling seems cool.

I'll give it a try, but it probably won't hold my interest.

Aurizen

So it has gacha and city building timers? Bleh. At least the battling seems cool.

I'll give it a try, but it probably won't hold my interest.

The Gacha isn't a big issue. You can free summon digimon without premium currency and get them to mega level.

Razmos

Got 200 stones for the guaranteed mega from the 10 pull.
I got PlatinumNumemon which is a literal sentient pile of shit. And it's reflected in it's gameplay, it's stats are awful.
Yay.

Delio

I did the 200 roll earlier and through sheer luck got the Omnimon with the single target skill that seems to be really good. He's been carrying me through the Daily missions. Also upgraded the storage/resturant/Farm and digivolved like three more Champions. Man managing the farm aspect of this is just awesome <3

Bowlie

Banned
I was confused reading these last posts because I had not received any notification about it, turns out it's not out where I live :/

I'll see if I can find a way to play it like I did with miitomo.

Nightbird

Got 200 stones for the guaranteed mega from the 10 pull.
I got PlatinumNumemon which is a literal sentient pile of shit. And it's reflected in it's gameplay, it's stats are awful.
Yay.

How? Normal gameplay, or is there some kind of event I missed?

Piers

Nice game so far, and building facilities is a nice element.
Saying that...
  • Accidentally moving buildings when dragging screen. Would be nice to have it as a "place" mode rather than something that's always doable.
  • Battle arenas are flat and uninteresting. That's probably down to load optimsation, but I'd would rather have a few more seconds of load times to have some sort of unique sky-box for battle arenas.
  • Just straight-up battles. Most other GACHA pepper fights either with unique story, gameplay shifts and other things. This probably wouldn't be so dull if the battle system wasn't just a ho-hum RPG turn-based system/
  • Some of the UI is a bit messy/flat. It's otherwise a nice job, but some buttons look awkwardly designed, including the font.
  • No sounds for Digimon. :( That's probably down to memory constraints but it feels like a sizable disconnect when those 3D creatures are strangely mute.

Otherwise it's good to see Cyber Sleuth's models being given more usage, and a good way to utilize all that horsepower in smartphones.

Top Bottom