• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD DVD/Bluray Tuesday - 5/8/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasting

Banned
HD DVD
:lol

Bluray
Catch & Release, Dirty Dancing, Donnie Brasco, Revenge.
original.pjpeg
original.jpeg
original.jpeg
original.gif

catch and release! been waiting for it for awhile

jjasper

My Planet Earth is finally set to come in today so I will be busy with that.

I will probably Netflix Catch and Release as I think it is something my gf would like and I will probably put Donnie Brasco in there too.

aparisi2274

wasting said:
HD DVD

Bluray
Catch & Release, Dirty Dancing, Donnie Brasco, Revenge.
original.pjpeg
original.jpeg
original.jpeg
original.gif

catch and release! been waiting for it for awhile

ok Fixed

man what a crummy week for BD and HD

FoneBone

What the heck happened to the regular DVD Tuesday threads, anyway? There hasn't been one in close to two months.

FoneBone said:
What the heck happened to the regular DVD Tuesday threads, anyway? There hasn't been one in close to two months.

DVD? What's that?

And yeah, abysmal week for both (espcially HD DVD :lol), but we won't be complaining come May 22nd.

jjasper

The Main Event said:
And yeah, abysmal week for both (espcially HD DVD :lol), but we won't be complaining come May 22nd.

I have already preordered about 5 or 6 movies for the 22nd.

ManaByte

Gold Member
BTW I saw a Matrix HD-DVD trailer in the theater before Spider-Man 3 yesterday and at the end of the trailer it showd the Toshiba and Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives and highlighted their price.

jjasper

ManaByte said:
BTW I saw a Matrix HD-DVD trailer in the theater before Spider-Man 3 yesterday and at the end of the trailer it showd the Toshiba and Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives and highlighted their price.

:lol I am sure Sony will be thrilled to hear about that

ManaByte said:

Yeah, it has been a big discussion on some boards recently.

It also says something like "Interactive features not found on any other high-definition format" or something like that? :lol

jjasper

The Main Event said:
Yeah, it has been a big discussion on some boards recently.

It also says something like "Interactive features not found on any other high-definition format" or something like that? :lol

I would say Sony should somehow cut in and say "the movie you are about to see will never be on HD DVD" of course that might make some people want to buy it.

Catch and release is getting raves for having possibly the sharpest picture on either format. Not my kind of movie though.

None of these releases are interesting to me.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
:(

And I STILL haven't gotten my Planet Earth. Oh well, Blockbuster online to the rescue for me. Still a ton of HD DVD movies I haven't seen. I just did Italian Job and Last Samurai this weekend. Both looked great.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Damn, I wouldn't mind buying Revenge, but something tells me that it won't work in my HD-DVD player.

VanMardigan said:

And I STILL haven't gotten my Planet Earth. Oh well, Blockbuster online to the rescue for me. Still a ton of HD DVD movies I haven't seen. I just did Italian Job and Last Samurai this weekend. Both looked great.

It will just make it all the sweeter when you do finally get it. Planet Earth is the greatest video release I have bought in years.

BradleyUK

Check this out
http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36958

Bad news for HD-DVD as Microsoft goes BluRay

Article by Rachel Konrad 06/04/07 The Associated Press

There is Bad news on the horizon for X-Box 360's HD-DVD Drive owners as Peter Moore told Rachel Konrad on a recent trip to Japan while entering negotiations with Pioneer. Microsoft's Xbox corporate VP of worldwide marketing and publishing Peter Moore told Japanese site ITmedia that the imminent release of the Blu-ray Xbox 360 peripheral could appear for the system before Christmas. Moore admitted that Microsoft's opinion on HD-DVD as the Next Generation format winner is bleak with the worst-case scenario being a repeat of the Beta vs.VHS war of the '80s. Moore also added Microsoft is giving the consumers the most cutting edge technology out there and In this moment in time Blu-Ray is that.

As per usual Peter Moore couldn't help but have a go at Sony and the PS3 "However, he suggested that whatever the outcome of the HD-DVD/Blu-ray war, the Xbox 360 can adopt the dominant format since its uses an external drive. He also suggested that it's a weak point for PlayStation 3, saying Sony's system is stuck with only 1 format. Microsoft announced the Blu-Ray peripheral will connect to the Xbox 360 using one of the system's USB ports. Moore once again confirmed that the Blu Ray add-on for the Xbox 360 is only for watching movies, and there are currently no plans to use it for games, nor are there plans to release an Xbox 360 with an internal Blu Ray drive.

Linkage : http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articl...7/news082.html
Related Articles :

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/02/p...rive-heads-for -the-states/
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146900

djkimothy

VanMardigan said:

That sucks man. Where did you order it from? I pre-ordered mine on the 8th of April and came on the 27th from Amazon.

Wow if true...Wait... none of the links work...fake?

lupin23rd

DarkJediKnight said:
Catch and release is getting raves for having possibly the sharpest picture on either format. Not my kind of movie though.

None of these releases are interesting to me.

That's when you go out and buy movies you haven't had a chance to pick up yet :D

Deja Vu and Blazing Saddles for me this week. But will be taking a week off to prepare for the 22nd and 5th.

m

Midas

karasu said:
Donnie Brasco is one of my favorite films of all time.

Yeah, it's awesome. One of Pacino's best movies (not THE best, got burned for that previously). I'm definitely getting it on Blu-ray.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
djkimothy said:
That sucks man. Where did you order it from? I pre-ordered mine on the 8th of April and came on the 27th from Amazon.

Yeah, I should've kept my Amazon pre-order but I freaked out when they changed the ship date to this week. I ordered it from hddvdworld.com. In their defense, though, I DO live in the US Virgin Islands, so stuff takes a little longer to get here. :lol

djkimothy

VanMardigan said:
Yeah, I should've kept my Amazon pre-order but I freaked out when they changed the ship date to this week. I ordered it from hddvdworld.com. In their defense, though, I DO live in the US Virgin Islands, so stuff takes a little longer to get here. :lol

Oh ok. That's understandable.

Yes, I freaked when my est. ship date went from April 26th to May 30th. I was pissed, but I didn't cancel it and put up with the bullshit. All of a sudden I got an email that it shipped. Quite surprised.

Don't worry, soon enough you'll get it! :D

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I still haven't bought/rent/watched any Blu-Ray movies... Is there a master list somewhere?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Arde0 said:
Why release Dirty Dancing again at all?

....some things should stay dead.

You must not have a special lady who spent the early 90s watching her VHS copy of Dirty Dancing until it broke. There are lots of them.

djkimothy

Guileless said:
You must not have a special lady who spent the early 90s watching her VHS copy of Dirty Dancing until it broke. There are lots of them.

This is an unbelievably true statement.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ManaByte said:

didn't it say something like "starting at $199"

If I had a BD player that copy of Revenge would be mine. Good edgy movie. The kind they don't make any more. I remember hearing that Tony Scotts original version was hacked to bits so this directors cut should actually have some meat to it.

Warm Machine said:
If I had a BD player that copy of Revenge would be mine. Good edgy movie. The kind they don't make any more. I remember hearing that Tony Scotts original version was hacked to bits so this directors cut should actually have some meat to it.

cool....gonna have to check this out

Also, be sure to check out "Payback: Straight up director's Cut" on bluray/hddvd

...completely different film as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom