• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 6/21/07 (MS updates for all, PS1 games for US/EU, etc.)

tanod

when is my burrito
Content is up now.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MOTORSTORM UPDATE:
Download the in-game patch first before downloading Time Attack mode on the store.
If you download TA first, the game will not boot.
You will then need to delete the MotorStorm data under "Game Data Utility" to get it to work again so you can download the patch correctly.

For delays, bitch at Eric Lempel here: http://blog.us.playstation.com

North America

This week:
MotorStorm Update - free
-Loading Times Improved - but for online mode only
-Increased friend list limit to 50 - fixes glitch where it will not display any friends in the list if you have more than 30
-See game status and more game details in lobby
-Voice chat more stable
-Time Attack Mode
-Boost exploit fixed
-Leaderboards reset and rank advancement changed
PS1: Hot Shots Golf 2 (formerly PSP-only) - $5.99
PS1: Cool Boarders (formerly PSP-only) - $5.99

June 28th:
Super Stardust HD

In the next couple weeks:
The Darkness - demo

Europe

This week:
Calling All Car - €7.99
Rampage - €2.99
PS1: Wipeout - €4.99
PS1: Crash Bandicoot - €4.99
PS1: Jumping Flash - €4.99

June 29th:
Super Stardust HD

Japan

This week:
Piyotama - 800 yen
Folks Soul DLC - free
MotorStorm Update - free
-Same updates as US/Europe version
-Added Online Racing
Minna no Golf 5 trailer
MotorStorm - demo

Previous Week Index

PSN Content 06/14/07 (Go! Puzzle, Firmware 1.81, Europe - MotorStorm 1.2, TA)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163344

PSN Content 06/07/07 (EXCITING videos/trailers)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161542

PSN Content 05/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, RR7 DLC, Championship Sprint)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159810

Pending Title Updates

MotorStorm:
For $$$:
-New track, mode:
-Coyote Revenge
-New unlockable vehicles
-Eliminator game mode

Resistance:
Free:
-Balance changes
-Lower player minimums for breach and assault game modes (thank you spreadsheet) :D
-WW servers (world-wide play optional)
-In-game cheater reporting added
-XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a separate tab, not an XMB overlay)

For $7.99:
-Map Pack - Westmorland and Camborne:
-Maps will support all multiplayer modes.
-There will be 8p, 16p, 32p, and 40p versions of the maps.
-Maps will be available for ranked and unranked matches.
-All people in parties must have map pack to play new maps.
-You can buy the map packs on the store or in-game.

Gripshift:
Free:
-This update will take place some time in the next couple months, according to Mario (dev).
-The NA version will be patched to be the equivalent to the European release.
-Loading time optimizations which have resulted in much shorter loads in most circumstances
-The ability to change/customize car, select level, change controls, and change music from within a level
-Browsable scoreboards including viewing from menus rather than level complete screen, jumping straight to your position, and now with car type and number of resets info per entry displayed
-Some changes to online connectivity to make it easier and more obvious how to connect with other people
-Various other minor usability improvements and changes

-Level creator is tentatively scheduled for another later patch.

For help on creating a Japan Store account, go here:
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Free stuff on the JAPANESE Store to check out:
Folklore Demo
Hot Shots 5 Demo
DMC4 trailers
Folklore trailer
Virtua Fighter 5 trailers
Ridge Racer 7 trailers
Gundam Musuo trailer
Lots of PS1 games

Free stuff on the EUROPEAN Store to check out:
PSN Showcase Trailer (shows many current and upcoming PSN games)
Darkness Trailer
Haze Trailer

PR said:
Get ready to test your speed as the MotorStorm Time Attack mode will be available on the PLAYSTATION Store today for play on the PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Additionally, the classic PlayStation titles, Hot Shots Golf 2 and CoolBoarders, will be available for play on PS3, in addition to PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, with today’s update. A trailer for the upcoming comedy, The Heartbreak Kid, will also be offered.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

MotorStorm Time Attack (free): See if you’ve got what it takes to set the pace by downloading the new MotorStorm Time Attack mode. Race against the clock to set the best possible lap times on each of the tracks, then check out the global leader boards to see how fast you really are. Create and share ghost car laps that you can race with to improve your skill, or show off your technique to the world.

Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99*): Put on some plaid pants and head out to the course in Hot Shots Golf 2.

CoolBoarders ($5.99*): CoolBoarders presents a most awesome and excellent challenge: to out-shred the best boarders on the pro circuit.

The Heartbreak Kid Trailer (free): Download a new trailer for the upcoming comedy, The Heartbreak Kid.

Dates are listed with the most recent information available and I really do try to keep up with this stuff so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missing some thing. I'll also start trying to include more Europe dates.

Jim, please edit thread title if need be when the content goes up.

tanod

when is my burrito
As you can see, I took off the LAIR demo in June. I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

:'(

Hope you like the new layout and the index.

careksims

Dammit about Lair...

Yeah, tomorrow is Thursday and no news about what's going up? I don't want to hope for anything. Love the format Tanod. Keep up the good work.

M3wThr33

Banned
I want to buy Gripshift, but I want to wait for it to get patched first. I assume a level editor is PLANNED for it?

Zoe

JP store has an exclusive Folk download for Folklore (some kind of butterfly-pig thing...). It will only be available until 7/22.

Proc

Thanks for the post. Pretty disappointing for NA : (. Oh well, I have lots to keep me busy all over the place.

tanod

when is my burrito
About the NA content:

I don't have access to any insider information. Unless release dates get posted like with SuperStardust or their is a pattern of trailer and release like they had going with the Midway games, we have no idea what's coming until Jim gets PR tomorrow. Suck it up.

The update could be good or it could be bad.

tanod

when is my burrito
jet1911 said:
8$ for two Resistence maps? :/

More like 8 maps in 2 environments since they are different layouts for the different player numbers.

Japan MotorStorm update is LIVE, btw. I just checked.

Somebody page DCharlie. :p I thought he said that he got MotorStorm.

Can the new Resistance maps be shared like the downloadable games?
That way I could split it with 5 people, making it $1.60 for each person. I did it before for $4 Tekken 5 DR.

Souther

Banned
NA PSN Content for June 21st
--------------------------------------

"New MLB07 Demo, new MLB07 Gameplay Video, New MLB07 Trailers(Possibility of a trailer of a MLB07 trailer)"

YES!!!

Thursdays are awesome!!

Jk of course.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
M3wThr33 said:
I want to buy Gripshift, but I want to wait for it to get patched first. I assume a level editor is PLANNED for it?

The Track Editor won't be in the next patch. We hope to make that available at some point in the future but I have no timeline on that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Shamelessly stolen from The Darkness thread:

Lord Sonatine said:
The Demo

To my Brotherhood,

Here's the story with the demo:

As I've said before, the game will ALWAYS take precedence and priority over a demo. That means that if the game is falling in behind in something or something isn't working right and needs fixing the people working on the demo will be pulled and made to work on the game. Making a demo is like making an entirely new game. I know you might think, "but if they have a finished level can't that be the demo?"

It's not that easy. Demos need to pass a different set of criteria set by MSFT if it's for the Xbox 360 and Sony if it's for the PS3 than the full game. Otherwise we can't release it. The full game has to pass the criteria too in order to pass or "go gold", but those things (called "TCRs" for MSFT and "TRCs" for Sony) are usually worked on at the end once all the game stuff is finished.

Also, keep in mind the demo has to be as polished and indicative of the final product as possible. If the demo sucks then all of you will think the full game sucks. Moreover, the demo has to play differently so you can get a feel of the overall game and want to play more. I know there are some games like God of War and God of War II that took the first level and they were awesome. But those first levels also gave you that overall feel for the entire game. A single level won't necessarily do that for all games because maybe you wont have enough powers or the level only makes sense and plays well because of the preceding and succeeding levels.

Now, for all the doubters and non-believers in our midst, your purported reasons for why the demo is delayed are laughable at best. Woe be to you who've written that we are "afraid" to post a demo on Xbox Live because of the competition from all the other demos on there. Or those who thought we are intentionally delaying the demo because you think the game is overhyped and that the demo will show how allegedly bad it really is. When the reviews hit next week you will be lucky if I let you polish my shoes with your tongues. We get the review scores early so I know what they are already. You'll have to wait until then before everyone has self-posted evidence of how big a fools you all are.

Your naivete aside, I will tell you exactly why the demo is late. We hit a few snags of the full game and were at risk of being late and missing the release date by a week or two. So we pulled people off the demo to work on the game and now we are on time for release of 6/26 (it SHIPS on 6/25 but will be IN STORE on 6/26). It's axiomatic.

I was told we will be submitting the demo this week for approval. We will have to wait about 2 more weeks to get approval (hopefully) and then post it on XLM and PSN.

As always, if you have any questions you know how to contact me.

Pazuzu

Banned
Based on that time frame, it will mid-July, and I might even be done with the game at that point! :lol

...sigh...

Wooooooo content up on the euro psn seems great this week cant wait. Somebody must have nudged the drunk awake who puts things up on the euro psn.:lol

reminder

Japanese PS Store was updated yesterday with

- Minna no Golf 5 Promotion Movie
- MotorStorm online update
- MotorStorm Demo, free
- a new Folk for Folks Soul, free

nofi

supermackem said:
Wooooooo content up on the euro psn seems great this week cant wait. Somebody must have nudged the drunk awake who puts things up on the euro psn.:lol

last week's was great too.

Tiberius

taken from the french PS board

Rampage: World Tour
Calling All Cars
PS1: Wipeout
PS1: Crash Bandicoot
PS1: Syphon Filter
PS1: MediEvil
PS1: Jumping Flash
[Add-on] Resistance: Fall of Man - Map Pack 1

Aeon712

Tiberius said:

Calling All Cars

Are you serious?

nofi

Tiberius said:

Calling All Cars

Euro PSN downloads are kicking arse just now. Nice one.

KurowaSan

Tiberius said:

Calling All Cars

cool. do we know the prices?

tanod

when is my burrito
painey said:
this is a very messy, hard to read thread that really shouldnt be hard to read.

562046600_369d5816de_o.png

^^ It figures you wouldn't have any constructive criticism.

antiloop

Tiberius said:

Calling All Cars

If true:

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Mmmkay said:
"The contents below can be modified constantly and it is only about one example of what you will find in the weeks to come."

i.e. Not a confirmation.

I updated the OP to add the PS1 games, CAC and Rampart since threespeech gave those dates. I did leave the Map Pack off though.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Ranger X

Mario said:
The Track Editor won't be in the next patch. We hope to make that available at some point in the future but I have no timeline on that.

Damn :(
"No timeline yet" really does sound painfully far from now...

Top Bottom