• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 6/21/07 (MS updates for all, PS1 games for US/EU, etc.)

Jim

Boooyyaaa... new PSX games! And the MotorStorm stuff.

Ready your engines for MotorStorm Time Attack on the PLAYSTATION Store

Get ready to test your speed as the MotorStorm Time Attack mode will be available on the PLAYSTATION Store today for play on the PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Additionally, the classic PlayStation titles, Hot Shots Golf 2 and CoolBoarders, will be available for play on PS3, in addition to PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, with today’s update. A trailer for the upcoming comedy, The Heartbreak Kid, will also be offered.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

MotorStorm Time Attack (free): See if you’ve got what it takes to set the pace by downloading the new MotorStorm Time Attack mode. Race against the clock to set the best possible lap times on each of the tracks, then check out the global leader boards to see how fast you really are. Create and share ghost car laps that you can race with to improve your skill, or show off your technique to the world.

Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99*): Put on some plaid pants and head out to the course in Hot Shots Golf 2.

CoolBoarders ($5.99*): CoolBoarders presents a most awesome and excellent challenge: to out-shred the best boarders on the pro circuit.

The Heartbreak Kid Trailer (free): Download a new trailer for the upcoming comedy, The Heartbreak Kid.

Aeon712

Jim said:
Boooyyaaa... new PSX games! And the MotorStorm stuff.
Darn it I'm not even at work yet and the pr is out already. Now I'll actually have to work instead of checking Gaf to see what's coming to the store.

Doel

At leas the Motorstorm update is up...

But what the HELL happened to the Resistance update, seriously?

Jim

tanod said:
Jim, Can you edit the thread title to what I have in my post?

We must have edited at the same time, and it was overwritten.

Also, a Blacksite: Area 51 demo confirmed for PS3, but no date yet.

Mau ®

I had a dream last week about a demo of The Darkness was coming. Strange since I dont really care about the game LOL. Its good that it is coming anyway.

WTF at no Lair's demo! Isnt the game scheduled for July? WTF is going on!! Argh! :(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
tanod said:
MotorStorm Update - free
-Loading Times Improved - but for online mode only
Actually, I think load times are improved globally, at least in the sense that you can flip between vehicles on the selection screen quickly, without waiting for the previous one to load.

Framerate however was said to be improved in some parts of some tracks in the online mode, while it remained the same in the single player mode.

womfalcs3

Banned
inthezone said:
I had a dream last week about a demo of The Darkness was coming. Strange since I dont really care about the game LOL. Its good that it is coming anyway.

WTF at no Lair's demo! Isnt the game scheduled for July? WTF is going on!! Argh! :(

Lair is scheduled for August 7th.

Reave

inthezone said:

August. I guess we'll get the demo next week.

Remy

I don't know if we should be calling HSG2 and Coolborders "new" PS1 games, except in the sense that they weren't playable on the PS3 up until today. They were available for the PSP in the first batch, as I recall.

Bebpo

Banned
Remy said:
I don't know if we should be calling HSG2 and Coolborders "new" PS1 games, except in the sense that they weren't playable on the PS3 up until today. They were available for the PSP in the first batch, as I recall.

Yes.

Still no "new" PSone games in the US store. Totally pathetic.

Mau ®

Oh so LAIR is August now? Ok cool I guess.

Im still hoping a demo will show up soon. I want that game badly.

I want a Lair demo as much as the next guy, but I'm hoping the demo is released at the last possible minute so that the demo represents the final build as much as possible. Lair is a game that is a lot more polished every time they show it, and it'd be a disaster if the demo represents the game as it existed back around GDC where the framerate wasn't as solid.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone know whether or not I'll be able to enjoy the Motorstorm patch (Japanese version) in the US? I certainly would not mind playing on Japanese servers (if this were allowed).

careksims

Tiberius said:
taken from the french PS board

Rampage: World Tour
Calling All Cars
PS1: Wipeout
PS1: Crash Bandicoot
PS1: Syphon Filter
PS1: MediEvil
PS1: Jumping Flash
[Add-on] Resistance: Fall of Man - Map Pack 1

Does this mean we're getting that tonight for NA?

Oneself

So I jump in here thinking that there would be new PSone games and fall right back out.

At least we finally get the Motorstorm update!:)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dante said:
New playable PSOne games on PS3 make me :)

Now get on Tobal and Motor Toon GP Sony!

I got a survey about the PSN recently, They was asking what games would I like to see on PSN... from the list (which was a good list) they had one that caught my eye FF& :D so who knows how that will work :D

dream

I suck.

Which is the Motorstorm update on the JP store? The icon with the red bar or the the icon with the + sign and the yellow background?

tanod

when is my burrito
g35twinturbo said:
I got a survey about the PSN recently, They was asking what games would I like to see on PSN... from the list (which was a good list) they had one that caught my eye FF7 :D so who knows how that will work :D

Who here doesn't own FF7 already though? Is it taking it on the road with the PSP that appeals to you because I think that would be cool, otherwise MEH.

dream said:
I suck.

Which is the Motorstorm update on the JP store? The icon with the red bar or the the icon with the + sign and the yellow background?

If you have to download the online patch from the Japanese store, wouldn't that mean that you should know Japanese and have a Japanese copy?

If you have an American copy, the 1.2 patch is through the game's login to online play.

Goldrusher

dream said:

Third category in the Store contains the "game updates". In there is only one MotorStorm download, so you can't miss.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pdk27 said:
ok...so now Motorstorm isn't booting for me after applying Time Attack. Nice.

delete the patch. go online. download the patch. get the TA mode.

Goldrusher

pdk27 said:

Did you download the 1.2 update first ?

If not, go to your games (XMB), all the way up to Game Data Utility and delete the MotorStorm stuff in there.
Then, fire up MotorStorm and go to the online mode. It should say there's an update and download it.

Reboot PS3 when asked and then download the TimeAttack mode from the Store.

Mmmkay

pdk27 said:
Go to Game Data Utility folder and delete the MotorStorm file there (it will not delete your save files, which are stored separately in the save data utility folder). Reboot MotorStorm, go online and redownload the patch, then get time attack from the store.

pdk27

Goldrusher said:
Did you download the 1.2 update first ?

If not, go to your games (XMB), all the way up to Game Data Utility and delete the MotorStorm stuff in there.
Then, fire up MotorStorm and go to the online mode. It should say there's an update and download it.

Reboot PS3 when asked and then download the TimeAttack mode from the Store.

My bad I guess. forgot about the 1.2

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
pdk27 said:

Did you download the 1.2 patch first? Motorstorm won't boot if you didn't download the 1.2 patch before installing time attack. To fix this just delete the 1.1 patch from the Game Data folder, launch Motorstorm and download the 1.2 patch, and then download time attack from the store. The EU store makes this very clear by having the instructions in a bold yellow font at the top of the contents description; The U.S. store has a tiny blurb stating that you might need to install new updates before you install time attack in the middle of its description X_X

sullyj

I like how you can download ghost data. The top run on Rock Hopper is insane. I suck so bad. Oh and lol to the people online complaining they can't tap the turbo boost anymore.

tanod

when is my burrito
The rankings for MotorStorm got reset, right? How does it work now?

Also, I was on last night checking to see if the update had hit and there were about 130 people on playing. I thought it would have been almost completely dead considering the connection/buddy list problems, and boost cheating. *mind boggled*

Edit: For everyone's benefit and added to the OP:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE MOTORSTORM UPDATE:
Download the in-game patch first before downloading Time Attack mode on the store.
If you download TA first, the game will not boot.
You will then need to delete the MotorStorm data under "Game Data Utility" to get it to work again so you can download the patch correctly.

careksims

Riiiiight.... so we get the Motorstorm Update, after a delay, before the Resistance Update and Maps. Way to go Sony! Way to go....

Please surprise me!

Oni Jazar

It's so dumb that these patches have to go out on Thursday. At least the Warhawk beta patch came out when it was ready.

patsu

Valkyr Junkie said:
I want a Lair demo as much as the next guy, but I'm hoping the demo is released at the last possible minute so that the demo represents the final build as much as possible. Lair is a game that is a lot more polished every time they show it, and it'd be a disaster if the demo represents the game as it existed back around GDC where the framerate wasn't as solid.

I have the same mixed feeling. Part of me wants to see the game. The other part wants to hold off until it's all good... so good that Aeon will take off his pants, swing it in the air, and throw it out the window. That kind of awesomeness.

I am waiting.

I'd love to give Sony some of my money for a good PSX game to DL and play, but there's nothing I want on there now and they are taking forever on getting these things out.

I don't think this is excusable, personally. Surely even less work goes into these PSX games than VC titles. I mean, it's not like they bundle the emulator with each release. Either way, if Sony was dribbling out the PSX titles 2-3 a week at least I'd see some progress and be happy.

No excuse....

Souther

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I'd love to give Sony some of my money for a good PSX game to DL and play, but there's nothing I want on there now and they are taking forever on getting these things out.

I don't think this is excusable, personally. Surely even less work goes into these PSX games than VC titles. I mean, it's not like they bundle the emulator with each release. Either way, if Sony was dribbling out the PSX titles 2-3 a week at least I'd see some progress and be happy.

No excuse....

I wouldn't be surprised that after that announcement of 380 games being available by march 2008 and 180 of them being download only, that hopefully we will be seeing ALOT more PS1 downloads now...

Chances are though that the JP store will have the majority of them

DoctorWho said:
I got into the Home Beta!! Is there a place where Gaffers meet?

What the hell?!!? I signed up for both the Home and Warhawk betas, and didn't get into either. And people got Warhawk and Home beta invites today in their PSN accounts... but not me!

distantmantra said:
What the hell?!!? I signed up for both the Home and Warhawk betas, and didn't get into either. And people got Warhawk and Home beta invites today in their PSN accounts... but not me!

Without going into details - Home is rather devoid of -- people. Maybe they should send out more invites.

EDIT: Where the hell do I go to actually discuss the beta? There is no message board at Playstation.com.

consoul

DoctorWho said:
EDIT: Where the hell do I go to actually discuss the beta? There is no message board at Playstation.com.
You DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

So, the Japanese Motorstorm update is nice. Online play is very solid.
Is it just me, or is the Time Attack mode on the Japanese version borked?
Crashed every time I tried it...and because it's an all-in-one update, there's no workaround for the Japanese Time Attack yet, right?

Top Bottom