• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 6/21/07 (MS updates for all, PS1 games for US/EU, etc.)

Remy

DoctorWho said:
Where the hell do I go to actually discuss the beta? There is no message board at Playstation.com.

Look a little closer at the help docs and you'll find what you're looking for.

Granted, I've never been able to get them to load, but there you are.

Tiberius

euro store updated :

calling all car 7€99
rampage 2€99
wipeout 4€99
crash bandicoot 4€99
jumping flash 4€99

no medievil or syphon filter :(

Tiberius said:
euro store updated :

calling all car 7€99
rampage 2€99
wipeout 4€99
crash bandicoot 4€99
jumping flash 4€99

Nice one missing a few titles mind lol, where medievil and everybodys golf lol psn strikes again so much for those confirmed date threespeech.

Wollan

Your lols disturb me. ;p

It's unusual to have five purchasable game items and no trailers whatsoever. Also, looking at the Lair banner it seems to have received a 18+ rating here in Europe.

Wollan said:
Your lols disturb me. ;p

It's unusual to have five purchasable game items and no trailers whatsoever. Also, looking at the Lair banner it seems to have received a 18+ rating here in Europe.

:lol, yeah i think we all know what the deal is with the psone titles but would be nice for people who missed them to have a trailer to help make there minds up on a purchase. cac though wooooooo.:D Its been a good day, first ngs pops through my letterbox and now a nice psn update with cac.

Lince

Banned
I just bought Calling All Cars for 8€

surprise #1... the game is dubbed into Spanish, very nice Sony
surprise #2... 10 minutes into it my PS3 froze up, first hard-reset I've had to do since Genji

/back & play some more

Goldrusher said:
Did you download the 1.2 update first ?

If not, go to your games (XMB), all the way up to Game Data Utility and delete the MotorStorm stuff in there.
Then, fire up MotorStorm and go to the online mode. It should say there's an update and download it.

Reboot PS3 when asked and then download the TimeAttack mode from the Store.

How does it work for people who have Import Motorstorm (aka Japan) considering they didnt had online mode (i.e. they cant download the patch).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
supermackem said:
Wow mother time hasnt been good to wipeout wow. I forgot how bad ps1 games looked having not played one for years now.:lol
Yeah, it's hard to look at most of those games anymore. Sony should hurry up and make that emulator render games internally in higher resolution and texture filtering.

Crash Bandicoot games still look nice though, and most PS1 games look much better when played on the PSP, due to the small screen.

Remy

Zoe said:
Not that I saw. There aren't even any videos :(

I will probably blind buy this tonight, in the name of science. I have exactly 800 yen left in my PSN account, so, woo!

Ranger X

Wow. I'm downloading the firmware update 1.81 and it's SOOOO slow. Never experience a download on PS3 that was this slow before :(

tanod

when is my burrito
shagg_187 said:
How does it work for people who have Import Motorstorm (aka Japan) considering they didnt had online mode (i.e. they cant download the patch).

From my understanding, somebody with an import copy would just download the patch from the Japan Store. It's sort of like the RR7 content that you could download off the Euro Store but it would only work on European consoles or games. Not absolutely sure though.

Goldrusher

shagg_187 said:

I don't think there's a 1.2 patch for Japan.

Only the Store download...maybe after you get that, and go online, you get a patch after all.

Just try it. It's not like you can brick a PS3. If something goes wrong, delete the update or add-on file.

Remy said:
I will probably blind buy this tonight, in the name of science. I have exactly 800 yen left in my PSN account, so, woo!

Want to trade? I've got Tekken 5 and Calling All Cars, which I'm figuring you already have, but it's worth a shot!

tanod

when is my burrito
All content is up. All prices listed. OP Updated. See you next week. Super Stardust, here I come.

vdo

Remy said:

Nice review. I really like the artwork on that game, it really looks good.

I wonder if Sony will ever decide to just allow every account to access any countries store - you would just select from a list of countries and be able to visit each store separately and get the content all under one PSN account. Seems like if they are letting people get around it by creating multiple accounts, they might as well integrate that functionality. Hopefully, like you alluded to in your review, this is not an oversight by Sony. I would not want that they actually decide to take away the ability altogether.

Now that I think more about it, maybe it is hard to have a single account linked to more than one store, though, which is why it might be set up that way. I know that games are supposed to be sharable with up to 5 accounts. Do you know if you are able to transfer something loaded from one of your foreign countries PSN accounts to your main PSN account? That way you would not have to sign into different accounts when switching to play the games from other countries.

Remy

vdo said:
Do you know if you are able to transfer something loaded from one of your foreign countries PSN accounts to your main PSN account? That way you would not have to sign into different accounts when switching to play the games from other countries.

Anything on your console is playable by any other account on your console. I don't stay signed in with my japanese account to play the games, as I'm sure people on my friends list can attest.

vdo

Remy said:
Anything on your console is playable by any other account on your console. I don't stay signed in with my japanese account to play the games, as I'm sure people on my friends list can attest.

Cool, thanks. With that ability, then having to use separate accounts to get the games in the first place would be no big deal, especially when the ability to use prepaid value cards to pay for the purchases is available.

Zoe

There are some things that are restricted to the account they're downloaded on--all of the Mainichi Issho add-ons are like this :(

Remy

Zoe said:
There are some things that are restricted to the account they're downloaded on--all of the Mainichi Issho add-ons are like this :(

So, one interesting thing on that note...have you tried loading the in-game Mainichi Issho store from a US account?

You can't actually browse too far in - seems a bit broken - but there are English titles for the categories headings. This either means:

a) They needlessly localized it, or
b) It'll eventually get a US release and Kittonwy's dreams of having an animated virtual cat news show broadcasting into Hoserland will finally come true

Surfheart

I think the pricing for the Psone stuff is very reasonable @ $8.45 AUD.

I fully intended to pickup Fzero from the VC store last night but all of a sudden $15.00 AUD seemed to be a rip-off.

Zoe

Remy said:
So, one interesting thing on that note...have you tried loading the in-game Mainichi Issho store from a US account?

You can't actually browse too far in - seems a bit broken - but there are English titles for the categories headings. This either means:

b) It'll eventually get a US release and Kittonwy's dreams of having an animated virtual cat news show broadcasting into Hoserland will finally come true

Wow, I never noticed the localized part. I sure hope they bring it over. They don't need to port the news casts, but we should at least be able to get the cosplay and Brain Training games.

M3wThr33

Banned
I've never ran the cat thing from my american account. But yeah, the free online brain training game is totally underappreciated.

M3wThr33

Banned
The delay before the eggs disappear seems a bit long, but I like that ability to create combos on the fly, rather than pre-planning them.

deepbrown

vdo said:
Cool, thanks. With that ability, then having to use separate accounts to get the games in the first place would be no big deal, especially when the ability to use prepaid value cards to pay for the purchases is available.

Plus you needn't stay in said account for the downloading. You can start them downloading in your Japanese account (for example) and then return to your US account to carry on playing through campaign mode on Resistance (for example)...and they will quite happilly continue donwloading in the background. I was surprised by this, as I thought it would change servers if I changed accounts.

Remy

M3wThr33 said:
The delay before the eggs disappear seems a bit long, but I like that ability to create combos on the fly, rather than pre-planning them.

You can force the eggs to hatch early by shaking the Sixaxis. You can also use this to fill in gaps if you don't have any pieces ready to clear.

Zoe

M3wThr33 said:
I've never ran the cat thing from my american account. But yeah, the free online brain training game is totally underappreciated.

If I understood the July announcement properly, it looks like they're gonna revamp the whole thing with the emphasis being on gaming news. That would make it more likely to come over :D

They're also opening a point shop where you can buy games with points that you accumulate...

Ok i'm late but Gripshift is awesome. I don't know how i missed this game. I dl it on PSN and seriously it's one of the best PS3 game i own.
I'm hoping for a patch with a tracks creation mode or at least more levels but for what i've seen the number of challenges and levels seems decent.

This game is teh PS3 EXCITE !

Waiting for Super Stardust at the end of the week.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Chû Totoro said:
Ok i'm late but Gripshift is awesome. I don't know how i missed this game. I dl it on PSN and seriously it's one of the best PS3 game i own.
I'm hoping for a patch with a tracks creation mode or at least more levels but for what i've seen the number of challenges and levels seems decent.

This game is teh PS3 EXCITE !

Waiting for Super Stardust at the end of the week.

Did EU guys just get this game this week or something?

M3wThr33

Banned
Remy said:

Not on my version. Should I re-download it? I got mine back in December.

FirewalkR

When you say "European store" you should be saying "UK store". I live in Portugal and some of the stuff (Haze trailer for example) mentioned in here simply isn't there. I had to create a _second_ Euro account (UK) to be able to see it. At first I even thought they were localizing stuff, trailer subtitles maybe, and things might be delayed but nothing so far... I mean, wth Sony??

Remy

M3wThr33 said:
Not on my version. Should I re-download it? I got mine back in December.

There was a substantial update to Mainichi a few months back; it should auto-update when you run it. Re-downloading it is also an option.

Top Bottom