• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia (or WHY NAMCO WHY)

duckroll

So apparently at the Tales stage event at Jump Festa, they announced a new tales.

Tales of Vesperia
Genre: "Justice" seeking RPG
Character Design: Kyosuke Fujishima

No platform announced, will probably be unveiled in Jump soon.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

:(

kiryogi said:
Some more news!

- Fujishima Tales
- Guy = long black hair, Girl = pink hair
- Guy uses Souryuurengazan ougi
- Tidal Wave spell is also shown
- Battles are 3D
- Yoshizumi is not the producer

duckroll

Who cares what platform it is? Isn't everyone sick of having 4-5 Tales games every fucking year? Well maybe fanboys on GAF aren't sick of it, but the Japanese buying customer base sure is. I'm glad Namco is so stupid they're going to run the franchise into the ground. Then there will be no more Tales games and I can laugh at the stupid fans crying.

And to be clear: No this won't be a mobile side game. This is the next official "Tales of" game that is being unveiled. Just like Tales of Innocence was officially the next new game in the series.

I'd like Namco to quit with the Tales whoring. But I'd also like to speculate on what platform they're going to make it for. Usually because of the accompanying lamentations from system fanboys.

Sagitario

As usual, 3 names registered, one used:

Tales of Valoria
Tales of Strife
Tales of Vesperia

Edit: if this is a main Tales games... why the spin-off like genre?

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Who cares what platform it is? Isn't everyone sick of having 4-5 Tales games every fucking year? Well maybe fanboys on GAF aren't sick of it, but the Japanese buying customer base sure is. I'm glad Namco is so stupid they're going to run the franchise into the ground. Then there will be no more Tales games and I can laugh at the stupid fans crying.

I just want to see what Scamco can do with the franchise on a next-gen console. If they can make one as good as ToD Remake, then they have my money. Until then, I will play Director's Cut!

duckroll said:

And to be clear: No this won't be a mobile side game. This is the next official "Tales of" game that is being unveiled. Just like Tales of Innocence was officially the next new game in the series.

well a lot of Tales games havent come to the states, neither DS game seems like they will make it over (for better or worse) nor the PSP remake game came.

Japanese and import gamers seem to be sick of them, but if they are actually going to bring this one over, I will play it.

Linkzg said:
well a lot of Tales games havent come to the states, neither DS game seems like they will make it over (for better or worse) nor the PSP remake game came.

Japanese and import gamers seem to be sick of them, but if they are actually going to bring this one over, I will play it.
This is true. In PAL-world, we got Symphonia, GBA Phantasia, PSP Eternia and Radiant Mythology. I would have traded a pint of blood or a cup of semen for Abyss.

Kyoufu

Mr. Pointy said:
This is true. In PAL-world, we got Symphonia, GBA Phantasia and PSP Eternia. I would have traded a pint of blood or a cup of semen for Abyss.

I will sell you mine for a cup of semen. I'd be getting the better end of the deal.

Kyoufu said:
I will sell you mine for a cup of semen. I'd be getting the better end of the deal.
Are you gonna drink it? Or put it into a bowl of chili that you will serve to your next enemy? Or you could put it into a bowl of chili and send it to Namco.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:

ooo ooo I'm tired of it!

kiryogi

Banned
To explain the weird naming in the genre:

Tales of Eternia Eternity and Bonds' RPG (永遠と絆のRPG, Eien to kizuna no RPG?)
Tales of Destiny 2 To Release Destiny RPG (運命を解き放つRPG, Unmei wo tokihanatsu RPG?)
Tales of Symphonia To Resoundingly Meet With You RPG (君と響きあうRPG, Kimi to hibiki au RPG?)
Tales of Rebirth You Will Be Reborn RPG (君が生まれ変わるRPG, Kimi ga umarekawaru RPG?)
Tales of Legendia Bonds Are Beginning to Spin Legends RPG (絆が伝説を紡ぎだすRPG, Kizuna ga densetsu wo tsumugidasu RPG?
Tales of Innocence To Tie Memories Together RPG (想いを繋ぐRPG, Omoi wo tsunagu RPG?)

Also, i welcome this if its really a main entry not to mention if its Team Symphonia. There may have been tons of titles, but they're mainly spinoffs. It's been 2 years since Abyss for Team Symphonia.

Kyoufu said:
Deal.

But only if you look like your avatar. Or are a collector. Or are Christian Bale.

Also, Tales of Semenia.

kiryogi said:
To explain the weird naming in the genre:

Tales of Eternia Eternity and Bonds' RPG (永遠と絆のRPG, Eien to kizuna no RPG?)
Tales of Destiny 2 To Release Destiny RPG (運命を解き放つRPG, Unmei wo tokihanatsu RPG?)
Tales of Symphonia To Resoundingly Meet With You RPG (君と響きあうRPG, Kimi to hibiki au RPG?)
Tales of Rebirth You Will Be Reborn RPG (君が生まれ変わるRPG, Kimi ga umarekawaru RPG?)
Tales of Legendia Bonds Are Beginning to Spin Legends RPG (絆が伝説を紡ぎだすRPG, Kizuna ga densetsu wo tsumugidasu RPG?
Tales of Innocence To Tie Memories Together RPG (想いを繋ぐRPG, Omoi wo tsunagu RPG?)
:lol

Kyoufu

Mr. Pointy said:
Deal.

But only if you look like your avatar. Or are a collector. Or are Christian Bale.

Also, Tales of Semenia.

To be honest, it seems as if Scamco is taking the "Semen Strategy" where they blow their load with a bunch of Tales sperm hoping one of them would break through the pack and give birth to a masterpiece.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tales is probably the worst thing to come through the Japanese gaming scene since god knows what.

Kyoufu said:
To be honest, it seems as if Scamco is taking the "Semen Strategy" where they blow their load with a bunch of Tales sperm hoping one of them would break through the pack and give birth to a masterpiece.
Well, Namco has to stop sticking it into the likes of their internal teams or Dimps if they want to conceive an all-round good Tales game.

cress2000

So is it a main game or a spinoff/crossover/mobile game? That's all that matters. The main series kicks ass and almost always gets better with each iteration. But the others (along with Legendia) can kindly go die in a toilet.

kiryogi

Banned
Some more news!

- Fujishima Tales
- Battles are 3D

Is there an official Jump Festa thread?

If there is, someone post in it that Final Fantasy Dissidia is going to blow everyone away more than Crisis Core did.

Dascu

kiryogi said:
Some more news!

- Fujishima Tales
- Battles are 3D

Platform known yet?

kiryogi said:
Some more news!

- Fujishima Tales
- Battles are 3D

Not worth mentioning unless it was DS, so confirmed?

Teasel

duckroll said:
Genre: "Justice" seeking RPG
PhoenixWright-730689.jpg

Tailzo

kiryogi said:
Some more news!

- Fujishima Tales
- Battles are 3D
3d graphics or 3d running around style?

ram

duckroll said:
Who cares what platform it is? Isn't everyone sick of having 4-5 Tales games every fucking year?

wait - i can understand your argument, but in europe we didnt see many "tales of" games - which is a little bit sad.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6067277&postcount=44
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
2007-016169 Tales of Valoria
2007-016170 Tales of Strife
2007-016171 Tales of Vesperia

And this one looks like Tales of Vesperia by Team Destiny because the other seem like the unused for Tales of Rebirth which were Honesty and Justice.
Ahem!

The market situation isn't good for this franchise since Namco isn't capable of doing a reasonable strategy on such a market. Sadly, I doubt this announcement is going to take it back on track.

Top Bottom