• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia (or WHY NAMCO WHY)

duckroll said:
You're proud of getting one out of two? :p

Edit: Actually, scrap that. You got the team wrong too! :lol
Hey! ><

I got Tales of the Tempest right too, and while this one is Fujishima Tales, it isn't Yoshizumi as producer so its not locked to be Team Symphonia :/

kiryogi

Banned
Some murmorings say its the Abyss director that is producing it. Id think that'd seal the deal there. Also there's mentions of the battles looking like Abyss. :eek:

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Hey! ><

I got Tales of the Tempest right too, and while this one is Fujishima Tales, it isn't Yoshizumi as producer so its not locked to be Team Symphonia :/

You're right! It could be like Tales of the Tempest! Oh shit you better stop predicting Tales stuff right now! :)

duckroll said:
You're right! It could be like Tales of the Tempest! Oh shit you better stop predicting Tales stuff right now! :)
Come on, its not like I'm predicting the platform which is what the other 95% posters here want to know :(

Ydahs

Was a trailer shown? If so, couldn't they just guess what platform it was for? Either DS or PSP, PS2 or Wii or PS3 and 360.

I want a cel-shaded PS3 Tales game, with an online battle arena like Symphonia's one, where you could perhaps play as any Tales character. Create a Tales Dream team and take them online to fight.

sennin

The only tales game I'm interested in right now is Knights of Ratatoskr. Unless opinions strongly favor Vesperia as the successor to Abyss with high praise for the story, this is going to be a solid miss in my list of "to play" games.

I really don't think Vesperia is gonna be a DS game. I get the impression Namco just saw ToI's current sales and have decided to rush this new one onto a different system. Whether it's been planned for a while or not is uncertain. I really doubt even Scamco are going to announce another Tales game for the DS just 2 weeks after ToI came out.

I'm really thinking it's a PSP game, since they've actually cultivated a Tales fanbase there with all those ports and they could sell enough on there to make it lucrative.

It might even be a PS3 game, since the Wii is getting ToS2 or whatever it is and the PS3 could have the WW userbase to make a Tales game on there worthwhile. Kind of like Symphonia on the Cube really. Hell, PS3/360 might work.

Error said:
Are you just guessing?

Mr. Pointy said:
I really don't think Vesperia is gonna be a DS game. I get the impression Namco just saw ToI's current sales and have decided to rush this new one onto a different system. Whether it's been planned for a while or not is uncertain.

Really?? Have you ever worked in any kind of business situation, ever? No company would look at the sales of a product on a particular platform for ONE WEEK and then make a decision accordingly. I don't think Vesperia is going to be on DS, but *surprise* companies plan alot further out than you are insinuating.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm so glad Namco decided that giving Tales a break wasn't the right choice. This way, they can run the series into the ground like a REAL conglomerate. kudos, NB.

ethelred

It's definitely not going to be DS (it doesn't sound like this is outsourced to a cheap codefactory) or Wii.

Mr. Pointy said:
I really don't think Vesperia is gonna be a DS game. I get the impression Namco just saw ToI's current sales and have decided to rush this new one onto a different system. Whether it's been planned for a while or not is uncertain. I really doubt even Scamco are going to announce another Tales game for the DS just 2 weeks after ToI came out.

So... your theory is they've been developing the game for the DS, but they decided a couple days ago to move it to another platform and... you think no one'll notice its origins?

Ydahs

ethelred said:
So... your theory is they've been developing the game for the DS, but they decided a couple days ago to move it to another platform and... you think no one'll notice its origins?

Think a DS game will look good in HD?

Dascu

ethelred said:
Not if it's for the Wii. ;)

who the hell is naming these games?

they really need to stop with all these tales games. i miss the days when it was just phantasia =/

Manaka

Including ports/directors cuts and new installments, Namco releases way too much Tales games in Japan, but the hate this series gets around here is a little bit over the top.
The last main Tales game which was released here is Tales of the Abyss, which was fantastic (minus the technical issues)...but well, I guess it's cool to hate the whole series based alone on Namco's stupid decisions...

Even with me defending the series- one main game every 2-3 years or so would be more than enough

ethelred said:
My theory is that Namco announced Vesperia, if it's for DS or PSP, which they've probably had planned for a while, just after ToI's release at JF because...

If it's for PSP, ToI isn't reaching their sales expectations and they're announcing this so soon so they can get the Tales fanbase on the PSP galvanised and wanting to actually buy this.

If it's for DS, they want to confirm that they actually meant what they said at that Tales conference long ago, so the Tales fans will buy the DS games in greater numbers.

If it's for a console, then JF being so close to ToI's launch is just interesting timing.

wsippel

Banned
On that old roadmap, back then when ToI and ToS:KoR were revealed, there were two big blobs: DS and Wii. Would a spinoff like ToS:KoR warrant a big blob? If it doesn't, ToV for Wii might be the explanation for making DS and Wii appear equal. The roadmap was for 2007 and 2008, PSP was a small blob (which means a main Tales game makes no sense), PS3 and Xbox360 weren't mentioned at all. And I doubt their plans changed recently.

Avrum

Stumpokapow said:
Tales of Land Before Time XVIII: Little Foot's Vesperia

I would play that just for the names they would come up with:

Armored Soldier - Hard Skins
Swordmaster - Deep Cutters
Ocean - Big Water :p
Orange Gel - Wiggle Fruit

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If this is Team Symphonia/Abyss doing it, than any complaints about running this series into the ground should be discarded, since this would be a real entry into the series. Not a "fake" real like Innocence, if that makes any sense.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jive Turkey said:
Hell yeah! My favorite genre! So awesome. So overlooked.
yeah next tales genre is gonna be 'KKK simulation RPG', since Tales games like to touch on racism so much. it's only a matter of time.

hire me Namco

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SO1_7451.jpg

SO1_7395.jpg
SO1_7424.jpg

why am I posting tales news? :sigh

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Error said:
SO1_7451.jpg

SO1_7395.jpg
SO1_7424.jpg

why am I posting tales news? :sigh

Looks like PS360 Edit- or does it. It's too early in the morning. Definitely not DS though.

ethelred said:
What are you snickering about? You like Kingdom Hearts.

...I do? That's news to me. Please, fill me in on more information about the stuff I like.

And to clarify, I enjoy Kingdom Hearts in the sense that I can enjoy just about anything I play at the moment at which I am playing something, while still being able to recognize and deride its flaws later. A rather useful trait, I've found.

Top Bottom