• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing new PSP mock-up revealed

D-pad and thumbstick positions look awkward but it's an interesting possible direction for the next PSP.

2257629380_287708257e.jpg
2257628900_7241af74be.jpg

2256832179_53017e0ccf.jpg
2256832277_35278e7fdb.jpg

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I can't tell if you think it's real or not. I guess I'll make fun of you anyway.

M3wThr33

Banned
That's actually a portable PS3 if you look at the screen, home button, dual analog and a lot of other stuff.

Never will happen. Too many moving parts.

pn18

Banned
I don't love the design that much, but the render itself is super sexy and very, very professional.

Woo-Fu

Banned
it would break the first time it got dropped/bent.
no shoulder buttons.
thumbsticks too short to be effective.

Looks kinda weird to hold and utilize the buttons and analogs, not seeing how that would be very comfortable. But still pretty sexy looking.

lyre

BuddhaRockstar said:
Wow those look like the most uncomfortable system ever made.
Fixed.

This thing looks like it's gonna feel like shit when you hold it.
And of course what's worse than one half-ass analogue nub? Two half-ass analogue nubs.

Evander

"industry expert"
also, no space for triangle, and up

and the home button would be incredibly akward to with in game mode.

it's a pretty render, but HIGHLY unpractical

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AtomskEater said:
Looks kinda weird to hold and utilize the buttons and analogs, not seeing how that would be very comfortable. But still pretty sexy looking.
It could feel OK with a little work. I mean, that design probably is at least as wide as the Nintendo DS and most people are fine with that.

Nintendo_DS_Lite_Ice_Blue_01.jpg

Insaniac

speakers? shoulder buttons would be annoying to press if they even exist. the button plaement is much to low to hold it comfortable for any extended period. If you wanna go for a look like that, try and design it around clamshell imo

Guy Legend

The Abominable Snowman said:
Take away the fucking second analog. It's not happening and gaming is FINE without it.

Why is that? As we see Sony continue to connect the PS3 to PSP function, I could see the need for another analog stick. Imagine when Sony begins to offer PS2 games on the PSN network. If you could play those PS2 games on your PSP as well, it would be quite the impressive feature and one that would be greatly benefit from another analog stick. A big stumbling block to that of course would be the current userbase of PSP's....

Regardless, these designs look hot.

SupahBlah

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
That's actually a portable PS3 if you look at the screen, home button, dual analog and a lot of other stuff.

Never will happen. Too many moving parts.

The psp had a home button before the ps3.

Top Bottom