• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing new PSP mock-up revealed

KTallguy

Banned
Core407 said:
All it is is a slider phone - it might work well as a PMP of sorts. Really depends on the weight at end of it.

anycall_5200.jpg

Samsung F520 in China.

And that looks super fucking comfortable. Not.

KTallguy

Banned
Core407 said:
I'm against the design. Just saying...

:)

Honestly though, the PSP is a difficult design. It's basically as small and compact as can be without sacrificing screen size and controls. If it's any smaller, the screen has to go down in size, which I don't really want.

Transformer-like shit is pretty much out for a game console that needs to have durable and ergonomic controls.

Raistlin

MassiveAttack said:
D-pad and thumbstick positions look awkward but it's an interesting possible direction for the next PSP.

2257629380_287708257e.jpg
2257628900_7241af74be.jpg

2256832179_53017e0ccf.jpg
2256832277_35278e7fdb.jpg

It would need to slide up further (for proper d-pad and button access), as well as tilt like my HTC Tilt phone. Otherwise, the screen would be fairly unviewable, as well as rendering the shoulder buttons unusable.

Make those two changes, and this thing is GOD-IN-A-BOX-SEXY!

The thinness of the screen did make me realize one thing I hadn't thought of before. Holy shit ... the PSP2 is going to have an OLED screen 0_0.

Core407

Banned
KTallguy said:
:)

Honestly though, the PSP is a difficult design. It's basically as small and compact as can be without sacrificing screen size and controls. If it's any smaller, the screen has to go down in size, which I don't really want.

Transformer-like shit is pretty much out for a game console that needs to have durable and ergonomic controls.

My recommendation to these companies is to look at television remotes.

Black_Nevo_SL_7b.JPG

sex.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
YYZ said:
Is it possible to have some anti-scratch thing on the LCD? Is there a good technology for that yet?
Whatever is on the PSP and any number of exposed screen designs out on the market now. Usually glass or hard plastic. Exposed screen designs really aren't as vulnerable as people make them out to be.

Top Bottom