• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 to get DLC costumes, almost right away?

From GameScore Blog
Inspired by the Hayabusa family’s namesake, the falcon, this demonic costume mirrors the intensity of Ryu’s vengeance and fury as he fights to regain the honor of his clan.

Starting in July 2008, Xbox Live members worldwide will be able to download 3 unique Hayabusa costume packs for Ninja Gaiden II.

At 200 MS points each the costume packs will add a completely new and never before seen looks for our Ninja hero, Ryu Hayabusa.

The first of the 3 costume pack designs is shown here, and will be exclusively available in selected countries to 39,000 gamers on launch day as part of pre-sale or launch promotions with specific retail partners.

Look for more details on other two designs and specific country promotions to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Go to the official website or your favorite retailer to pre-order Ninja Gaiden II today, and get the best pre-order deals available!

[Update] Sorry it wasn't clear, but this 200 pts. is for a pack of FIVE costumes for Ryu - not just one.
Not a bad deal for 3 costumes, but releasing it so fast after the game hits is kind of lame.

Why not just include it on the game disc in the first place?

$2.50x39,000=$97500

Look pretty cool anyway.
xqakba.jpg

MCD

old but this:

[Update] Sorry it wasn't clear, but this 200 pts. is for a pack of FIVE costumes for Ryu - not just one.

is new though can't they add it or did the game gone gold already?

McDragon said:
old but this:

is cool though can't they add it or did the game gone gold already?
50 cents per costume? That's not the Horse Armor I thought it was. Shame its not on the disc (assuming they are actually 100% complete).

McDragon said:
old but this:

is cool though can't they add it or did the game gone gold already?
Yeah I double checked to make sure that it wasn't just for 1 costume. I don't see a problem with the price, my only "problem" is releasing them so soon after the game hits, feels like they held some weapons/accessories back on purpose.

That's my problem with all DLC, it wouldn't be so bad if you felt like you were actually buying a complete game. Having DLC come after say 4-6 months makes the end consumer(Well me anyway) feel like it really is an expansion and not that they were cheated.

MCD

The Faceless Master said:
so instead of unlocking armor like the last game, we have to buy them?

this gen is getting worse and worse.
umm...we don't know about that yet.

Victrix

*beard*
At least delay the announcement of this sort of rape microtransaction garbage by a month or two, so you can pretend it wasn't ready before the game was.

Draft

200 points is what, 2.50?

For five costumes.

It's not so bad. Not nearly as bad as 200 points a costume.

But it's the principal of the thing.

I'm sure the game will already come with unlockable costumes, and I would be willing to bet anything that the DLC will not be "unlock keys" considering the rant Itagaki went on about that. My guess is that this is something they have just begun working on and wont be able to make the launch, at least thats what I would like to think. At 50 cents per costume anyway, I'm not gonna complain.

Victrix said:
At least delay the announcement of this sort of rape microtransaction garbage by a month or two, so you can pretend it wasn't ready before the game was.
*Nods* That's really my only gripe with this. Not just Tecmo either.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Costumes. Costumes. Costumes...

This is what's sold now. And a few hundred thousand sheep will happily plunk down their "points" for this.

K.Jack said:
Costumes. Costumes. Costumes...

This is what's sold now. And a few hundred thousand sheep will happily plunk down their "points" for this.
At least there is not a Collector's Edition for this game. Those really need to go away.
duckroll said:
I don't really understand. They say there are 3 costume packs, at 200 points each. Then they show the first costume pack which is a single unique design. Then they say each costume pack has 5 costumes? Where are pics of the other 4 costumes in the first pack?
In a perfect world, Team Ninja would still be designing and making them right now since the discs should be in the process of being manufactured.

duckroll

I don't really understand. They say there are 3 costume packs, at 200 points each. Then they show the first costume pack which is a single unique design. Then they say each costume pack has 5 costumes? Where are pics of the other 4 costumes in the first pack?

Vaxadrin

Banned
duckroll said:

Ninja Gaiden Xtreme Beach Volleyball bikinis.

MCD

duckroll said:

looking at the blog:

Friday, May 09, 2008 4:25 PM by CPaladino
FYI - the 200 pts pack is for FIVE costumes - not one.

maybe CPaladino can comment on this further?

a Master Ninja said:
In a perfect world, Team Ninja would still be designing and making them right now since the discs should be in the process of being manufactured.

Having only seen concept art for one of them that might be the case.

FFChris

Well that sucks.

Hopefully there will be unlockable costumes too, I'd like to have something exciting for completing the game.

East Lake

The pre-order incentive is all right to use these for but as mentioned having to pay for costumes this close to release is garbage. Hopefully they throw this in with a big DLC pack later on, otherwise I doubt I'll ever use them. :/

duckroll

FFChris said:
Well that sucks.

Hopefully there will be unlockable costumes too, I'd like to have something exciting for completing the game.

What, the respect of Itagaki isn't good enough for you? :)

kuYuri

How many costumes are in the game right now? If it's just his regular black leather costume and we have no choice but to pay for new costumes, this is bullshit. NGB had friggin like 4 costumes that are unlockable on the disc.

neight

Banned
Draft said:
But it's the principal of the thing.
Exactly. And to me it's also the money. $2.50 is enough for a comic book or to put down for a meal at a fast food joint. Down with nickel and diming DLC! Instead of unlocking goodies in the game for exploring or completing the game we're now having to pay for these goodies. If Dino Crisis 2 was made today we'd have to pay for Regina's alternate costume when you complete the game.

Hunahan

Banned
Wait.

So if you don't preorder the game, the launch costume costs 200 points, or the launch costume won't be available?

I get that there are 3 packs of 5 later. Do those include the launch costumes?

What a confusing announcement.

Tideas

Banned
and 360 fans continue to let themselves be gorge by the publishers.

sheese. u think they'd just include this in the game

NekoFever

swander said:
If you can dress your spartan as hayabusa, you should be able to dress hayabusa as a spartan.
I normally wouldn't pay for costumes on principle, but I'd buy this if it was offered. I'm ashamed.

Edit: Mine's ordered with Game anyway, so it looks like I get these costumes free. Yay!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Tideas said:
and 360 fans continue to let themselves be gorge by the publishers.

sheese. u think they'd just include this in the game

Yes because we've all bought these already.

If publishers want to try and make money through costume changes then GOOD, I can leave it and still enjoy the game as Itagaki intended. Save your high-horse for when they want to sell functionality that should have been on the disc.

aku:jiki

neight said:
Exactly. And to me it's also the money. $2.50 is enough for a comic book or to put down for a meal at a fast food joint. Down with nickel and diming DLC! Instead of unlocking goodies in the game for exploring or completing the game we're now having to pay for these goodies. If Dino Crisis 2 was made today we'd have to pay for Regina's alternate costume when you complete the game.
I'm sorry, but this post makes you sound like the dullest person on earth. Do you really care that much about $2.50? I'd hate to see your first dates.

"No, honey, you can't order some bread while we wait. I was going to save that $.50 for gas for the trip home! Actually, we'll be taking the bus. In fact, maybe we should even walk. I can save $3 on that, and in the future I may put that $3 down for a can of soda. Unless there's a sale on the other side of town. What's that? You want to see a movie?! Are you kidding me?! That'll be a full $10 on my part. If I wait 3 years, I can rent it at clearance prices! You will just have to wait."

Top Bottom