• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet And Clank:ACiT preorder bonuses

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
3676962878_b0c32664cb_m.jpg

Discovery Package – Explore the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac Games’ offices! Scattered through this museum-like level, you will discover a moon’s worth of extra content that didn’t quite make it into the game.

3676962764_e4941a6ed9_m.jpg

Power Package –The Power package includes an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies! (This pre-order program goes into effect over the next few weeks.)

3676962612_5f4112455f_m.jpg

Bolt Package – The thrifty gamer will find lots to love in this exclusive Bolt Package! Start the game with two of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups — the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher, and you will discover your galactic bank account has already loaded with 5,000 bolts when you start the game.

3681433871_3c22060cb0_m.jpg

Space Package – The Space Package offers an exclusive hotrod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion. You also will start with 5,000 bolts as well as an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar Skin!

You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Game Crazy, GameStop and/or other participating retailers.

The moon is like the best pre order bonus ever
COOL NEWS: YOU CAN UNLOCK MOST OF THE STUFF PLAYING THE GAME!

The Moon is awesome. Makes me wish that Ted's little virtual playroom thing was included in R2. Should be way cool. Do we have a solid date yet?

Blueblur1

So I assume that pre-ordering at a specific retailer nets you a specific package and only that package? That's the same as the LBP bullshit.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Blueblur1 said:
So I assume that pre-ordering at a specific retailer nets you a specific package and only that package? That's the same as the LBP bullshit.

Fuck... I thought that preordering from anywhere got you all of the things listed in the OP. That is stupid.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wait, each of these is a different retailer?

Not even Sharkey has enough curses stored up to call out this utter shit.

Kilroy

Could a publisher FOR ONCE please do something like this for Europe. These mouthwatering packages are more often than not not available in that backwater country I call my homeland.
It does look mouthwatering, doesn't it?

Firewire

Banned
So I could be missing out on stuff because of the retailer I choose. There is no win in this at all. It looks like this might be the first Ratchet game I don't buy.

Firewire said:
So I could be missing out on stuff because of the retailer I choose. There is no win in this at all. It looks like this might be the first Ratchet game I don't buy.
Yeah. How can I enjoy Ratchet and Clank if I can't explore Insomniac's offices? Clearly, the entire game was designed with this lame bonus content in mind.

Kilroy said:
Could a publisher FOR ONCE please do something like this for Europe. These mouthwatering packages are more often than not not available in that backwater country I call my homeland.
It does look mouthwatering, doesn't it?

Good I hope not. Keep this godawful trend off my continent. Ingame preorder bonuses and all the developers, publishers, retailers, marketers etc. involved in them need to die in a fire.

Amazon = bolt-centric powerups

Bestbuy = game not on the site yet

gamestop = ditto

game crazy = no preorder button or any text about preorder bonuses. the game is just listed.

Firewire said:
Seriously??
Oh nooooo I'll miss out on 5000 bolts I can never, ever receive again in the game!
Oh wait, I GET THEM FROM EVERY FUCKING ENEMY IN THE GAME.

Two of the bonuses have an added incentive of a skin to a weapon, and a skin to a vehicle. Big whoop.

The only pre-order bonus that your post can remotely apply to is the Gamestop/Moon one, in which case you simply pre-order from Gamestop. Sure, they're evil, but we were buying the game anyway, right?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
EDIT:

Many of the items will be available through the course of the game as you play.

And just like the Grim and Malikov pre-order skins we eventually released to the community for free, I'm confident that if you are crazy and want ALL of the content, you'll eventually unlock and/or be able to download it --- but obviously not right off the bat (or without a lot of work in-game)

TheExodu5

Banned
The Discovery and Space packages are the only worthwhile ones (kind of curious to see the Home avatar).

Split bonuses suck though.

I'm going with the Discovery if I can. Touring Insomniac's offices sounds like a treat. :D

web01

Screw this shit.

Exclusive content like this actually stops me from buying games.
Dont want to buy a game in which I cant even unlock everything without having to have several different preorders this is getting ridiculous.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
*sighs* thumbs down, Insomniac.

Edit:
jstevenson said:
Do you guys really think we'd do that to our loyal fans?
Sorry, js, but there's no avoiding the damage control on this one.

As a loyal fan, I don't know why I should have to pre-order to demonstrate my loyalty. It's not sufficient for me to buy the game, day one?

TheExodu5

Banned
web01 said:
Screw this shit.

Exclusive content like this actually stops me from buying games.
Dont want to buy a game in which I cant even unlock everything without having to have several different preorders this is getting ridiculous.

You really gonna cry about not getting 2 weapon skins?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jstevenson said:
If you look closely, the overriding theme is giving you some light advantages to start the game, depending on your playstyle.

Not necessarily keeping exclusive game-content out of your hands.

So I can get to the Moon without a Gamestop?

Tenks

GAF must collectively be on their period today. Lots of emotions over something trivial in this thread.

So the Insomniac Moon is just like the museum in God of War, but you have to preorder it...

So after the cheat codes becoming DLC,
After the classic making off becoming preorder bonuses...

What's next ? Pay for to see the end of the game ?

Oh wait...

Things have to change. NOW

Snipes424

jstevenson said:
If you look closely, the overriding theme is giving you some light advantages to start the game, depending on your playstyle.

What about the moon level though? Will that be DLC later on?

Tenks

UnluckyKate said:
So the Insomniac Moon is just like the museum in God of War, but you have to preorder it...

So after the cheat codes becoming DLC,
After the classic making off becoming preorder bonuses...

What's next ? Pay for to see the end of the game ?

Oh wait...

Things have to change. NOW

Well I guess you should just stop playing video games to really show those corporate fat cats who's boss!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As latin american who cant preorder anything... : This sucks!
Tough the moon is all kind of awesome.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Tenks said:
Well I guess you should just stop playing video games to really show those corporate fat cats who's boss!
Or we can take your approach and let them walk all over us and take everything in stride.

web01

TheExodu5 said:
You really gonna cry about not getting 2 weapon skins?

Its the point that counts stuff like that should be unlockables in the game. Or at least all in one preorder bonus not different in every other retail store. Even better is when they actually give you something physical the Pre order Bonus for Red faction Guerilla was a nice strategy guide here in Australia.

Firewire

Banned
dallow_bg said:
So I can get to the Moon without a Gamestop?

It'll probably become DLC eventually, so get ready to pay if you don't want to deal with a certain retailer for a pre-order.

linsivvi

jstevenson said:

If you're saying that those stuff can be eventually unlocked through playing the game, then it's all fine.

Madman

Tenks said:
GAF must collectively be on their period today. Lots of emotions over something trivial in this thread.
Really. It's a bunch of fairly useless shit. I do not see why there is so much outrage over pre order bonuses. Then again, this is Neogaf. Outrage over trivial things is the norm.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Snipes424 said:
What about the moon level though? Will that be DLC later on?

And just like the Grim and Malikov pre-order skins we eventually released to the community for free, I'm confident that if you are crazy and want ALL of the content, you'll eventually unlock and/or be able to download it --- but obviously not right off the bat (or without a lot of work in-game)

Im definitely getting the bolt one from Amazon, theyve had it there since yesterday. Ultimately, I wonder if alll of these will be available as DLC (though except for the ones that give you the 5000 bolts anyway).

Tenks said:
Well I guess you should just stop playing video games to really show those corporate fat cats European market shares!

Fixed.

Preorder bonuses are never avaible for Europe. We miss some content that we could want. Worst, sometimes, games developped by European studios got pre order bonuses only avaible in america.

This pre order and DLC trend is getting ridicoulous and even more frustrating for the one who cannot get it. Same as Limited Edition, or DLC not avaible in Europe...

Majmun

I never pre-order games. :(

I hope Europe is getting a LE with all that stuff.

- edit-

Actually, I just want the Moon bonus. I think I can get the rest in the game eventually.

Retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses are dumb but it's good that the stuff will be made available eventually. The discovery package is obviously a lot better than the rest anyway, I just hope a good retailer has it.

Fersis

jstevenson said:

So i can unlock the Insomniac Moon?!
Crisis adverted guys!

Top Bottom