• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the Curious Twitter

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Yeah, I think it was on GAF before. Pretty cool, they should set up some prizes or something.

As for the latest tweets, the professor is probably in the box of the don now. Probably happens in the game too.

I found the professors pocket watch on the floor with a note sticking out of it. "It reads you have 36 hours." 36 hours!? @TopHatProfessor!!

Oh my god, what happened to the Prof.

It's nice to seeing something cool being done with Twitter. I like following people but making this promo hype is kind of cool.

Gomu Gomu

DevelopmentArrested said:
I'm slowly discovering that twitter has become a dumping ground of corporate advertising.

ugh QFT, and the spam is unbearable. I just got followed by this:

2cxw5z6.jpg

Of course an Email was sent to me. But I can't block Twitter, because I want to know who follows me among my friends.

mjc

I actually rebought the first Professor Layton game yesterday, I sold it off soon after I bought it originally. (A mistake)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
oh Kobun...

Incidentally, @TopHatProfessor, Flora's name in Japanese is Aroma. How does that make you feel, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being uncomfortable?
1:11 PM Jun 30th from web

@Kobunheat Considering I don't live in Japan, Mr. Kohler, it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. And yes everyone, Luke is doing well.
1:39 PM Jun 30th from web

I remember at some point early on he was only following one person, and it was some dude with a gaming blog. I've been assuming it's being run by that guy.

I checked again and it seems the Inspector and Luke and about 24 hours left to save Layton and the Don Paolo Twitter has been updating with pictures of an imprisoned Layton and a "lair of riddles". :lol

Mamesj

Banned
Wii Will Rock U said:
This is the Best. Viral. Marketing. EVER.

Apparently all the people following the characters need to solve Don Paolo's riddle or Layton is a goner.

um

Firestorm

Wii Will Rock U said:
In America, its Nintendo first-party, but in Japan, it's Level-5.
Uh. Publishing it outside Japan doesn't make it first party. It's a third party game if Level 5 owns the rights.

Danthrax said:
oh Kobun...
No, THIS was the best exchange:

Hey, @TopHatProfessor, question: Just how diabolical IS the box? 3:40 PM Jul 6th from web

So diabolical, @kobunheat, that you'll need to play my upcoming game to fully comprehend its power. Or were you looking for "So awesome"? 3:47 PM Jul 6th from web

Also, the game seems to have moved here for now, with "Don Paolo" asking a whole mess of different puzzly questions, which players have to solve within three days or something or PROFESSOR LAYTON DIES NOMG

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Don_Paolos_Hideout/index/

Nintendo treats Layton like it's their own because it's an important title. It's basically a Nintendo title to the west since they're the publisher. Good move by Nintendo.

BishopLamont said:
Nintendo treats Layton like it's their own because it's an important title. It's basically a Nintendo title to the west since they're the publisher. Good move by Nintendo.

Not really. Can I say that Heavy Rain is a Sony title? No. Can I say that Gears of Wars is a MS title? No.

He was obviously talking about the perception. And HR and Gears are pretty bad examples to prove your point as both games are funded by the respective console manufacturer, whereas Layton was Level 5's first self published game.

Kobun Heat said:
No, THIS was the best exchange:

Hey, @TopHatProfessor, question: Just how diabolical IS the box? 3:40 PM Jul 6th from web

So diabolical, @kobunheat, that you'll need to play my upcoming game to fully comprehend its power. Or were you looking for "So awesome"? 3:47 PM Jul 6th from web
:lol :lol :lol

I love this so much.

slaughterking said:
He was obviously talking about the perception. And HR and Gears are pretty bad examples to prove your point as both games are funded by the respective console manufacturer, whereas Layton was Level 5's first self published game.

He was not talking about the perception:

Wii Will Rock U said:
In America, its Nintendo first-party, but in Japan, it's Level-5.

ANd it's actually a good point because of what you said, those games, even though were co funded by Sony and MS are owned by QD and Epic and they could theoretically eventually put them on the competitor's platform.

Regardless I'm not trying to derail the thread, I was just curious as to who actually owned the IP and franchise since the OP seemed to confuse me a bit because of the misinformation.

AranhaHunter said:
He was not talking about the perception:
But BishopLamont, to whom you were referring to, was. May have been a misunderstanding.

And yes, Layton is (obviously) not a first party title.

slaughterking said:
But BishopLamont, to whom you were referring to, was. May have been a misunderstanding.

And yes, Layton is (obviously) not a first party title.
Right I must've misunderstood what he meant.

I just mean that Layton's marketing in the US is handled by Nintendo and not Level 5.

Top Bottom