• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 for PS3 leaked by GameFly

kay

http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/Star-Ocean-The-Last-Hope/139940/
3763261371_c631bfb6c2_o.png

Well, it was only a matter of time. Now we need to find out whether TOSE are doing the port or not.

Remember the mental Japanese 360 fans who snapped their Vesperia discs and burnt their magazines. . .I can't wait for those type of reactions.

Star Ocean 4 is a average game, so this isn't that exciting. In terms of the "newer generation" games, Till The End of Time > This.

That said should make those that like mediocre JRPGs happy.

The voice acting... :lol

DMPrince said:
It would be the same as 360. are you expecting something better? :lol.

Well, I think a few extras are in order. Many other JRPG's that have been ported later on or are scheduled to are. Star Ocean 4 needs to pack in a lot of extras if it wants to get more people interested, to offset the shite VA work. At least everything will be on one disc and travel will be nicer.

Khrno

I'd only want if it had extras like ToV. Which I don't think will ever come out around here and I would buy it on PS3 too.

Btw, I'm not one of those that doesn't buy games if they're not on their favourite console, I buy them when they are available and double-dip if the late ports have extras.

Volcynika

Kibbles said:
Since when is GameFly a reliable source? :lol

They've actually leaked localizations of games, but I'm not sure about the reliability of games that haven't been announced for anywhere (PS3 version of this title, of course)

Pein

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
as long as it has the original voices (japanese dub) i'm sure it will be better than any dub could ever hope to be.
I'd rebuy it if it came with the original dub

This has been the gen where console WRPGs have been infinitely better than there JRPG counterparts. This comes from a guy who purchased a day one copy of Legacy of Legaia, FFS.

MoogPaul

One of the very few times where I'll be able to say that one disc is much better than multiple discs. Most of the time it's lazy whiners but it'll actually make a big difference in SO4.

Chromax

Does Sony really have some rule with adding content if the game is coming to PS3 6 months after another console?

Galvanise_ said:
Well, I think a few extras are in order. Many other JRPG's that have been ported later on or are scheduled to are. Star Ocean 4 needs to pack in a lot of extras if it wants to get more people interested, to offset the shite VA work. At least everything will be on one disc and travel will be nicer.

There's a difference between extras and paying more to record all of that dialogue again.

squall211

dragonflys545 said:
Day one if it really comes out...

If true, SE could simply do a straight port and it would be a better version just for the lack of ridiculous disk swapping during the post game. I would definitely double dip for this.

Please make Crowe playable!

Kibbles said:
Since when is GameFly a reliable source? :lol
Was gonna say "you haven't been here long, have you?" but then I saw your join date.

Jeez dude. lol

Anyway... I'm starved for JRPG's for PS3 so I'll take what I can get. If the voice acting is as bad as people say, though... here's hoping they put that extra space on the BD to good use and include the japanese tracks as well.

DR2K said:
Tales is pretty plain compared to SO4.

Do not make we whip out the Destiny Remake vids(Mainly because i cannot find where i placed them).

While i agree that SO4 beats out just about all the localized Tales in terms of Battle system(Except for perhaps Vesperia), several of JPN only ones(Destiny, Destiny 2, Rebirth can definitely stand toe to toe).

Unless of course we are talking about the 3d only ones, in which you are mostly correct.

squall211

Chromax said:
Does Sony really have some rule with adding content if the game is coming to PS3 6 months after another console?

I believe they do, yes. It would make sense for them to require something unique for their version of a game if it's going to be ported to their system so late anyway.

SO4 is better than ToV? Right?....Please?
God...I really hope it's better, cause the only SO that I've played was SO2, and it was awesome in every way possible (aside 3D GFX).

inner-G

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Anyway... I'm starved for JRPG's for PS3 so I'll take what I can get. If the voice acting is as bad as people say, though... here's hoping they put that extra space on the BD to good use and include the japanese tracks as well.

Top Bottom