• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone still use “GameFly”?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Renting games ran out of gas in the 2010s, much larger picture nobody is really offering video game rentals. GameFly does have a trial and I use to like renting games a lot but the truth is I buy them today.

Is anyone use this thing?

Saw someone post a screenshot of GameFly sending them Rebirth in the not OT-OT. I'm sure some people are. I tried it once like ten years ago or more but that's it.

SpiceRacz

17tj8x.gif

I tried Gamefly again last year and had the same issues I did 10 years ago. Never using it again.

Topher

Gold Member

Best deal in gaming, imo. Currently I have Suicide Squad and Banishers. Neither are games I would have paid full price for. Typically I use the service for games that I don't necessarily want to play day one since they will not ship the game until release date. But really.......Game Fly is a main reason for me to hold on to my PS5 this year rather than selling it. Still debating that. I'm paid up on Game Fly until July so I have plenty of time to decide.

I only know about it because of Topher Topher .

in b4

Crypto Reaction GIF by BitPal

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like to buy their used games. Always perfect, and come with the cases and download codes just like new games do. A couple of times a year they have a "blowout" sale, where I usually pick up a few games for mega cheap.

Funnily enough I started a trial this last month because there have been so many games coming out.

I wouldn't recommend it, takes forever for them to ship games. Didn't get my first game until after 2 weeks, granblue fantasy relink. Rushed the story mode and sent it back in a week, didnt get the next game for a week, and now I have to send it back cause the trial is over.

I'd much rather just own a game and not deal with the hassle

reinking

Gold Member
It used to be my favorite service and I was subbed for several years. I used to have a blast gaming the queue to get new releases. I dropped it when they went to the elite plan and game lock. No idea how they are these days because the last time I went to check it out they wanted me to log in to view pricing and plans. I know it is not much effort for me to log in but I just moved on.

Top Bottom