• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 for PS3 leaked by GameFly

Firestorm

wrong game

Also maybe this means PS3 can get Infinite Undiscovery too? It's the same engine right?

Shadow780 said:
Not surprised....

dual language please, you got blu-ray now.
Do people really think it's the storage that keeps games from having dual audio? Really?

Rpgmonkey

Eh, there's nothing I really want that they'll bother to do, aside from a few annoying design issues (one disc, make an item/skill that teleports you to your ship for IC or something). Not interested in having even more characters and bosses. Plus Resonance of Fate is out next year and it looks much more interesting than both IU and SO4.

If true, not interested atm.

Ijuti said:
wasn't the 360 version sd res? i wonder if they will improve that.

I'd be very surprised if they did...

Firestorm said:
wrong game

Also maybe this means PS3 can get Infinite Undiscovery too? It's the same engine right?

Do people really think it's the storage that keeps games from having dual audio? Really?

It could, but it won't. IU is a Microsoft IP IIRC.

klee123

Meh, can't say I'm too excited about this, would have preferred ToV getting a confirmation of a US release instead.

Firestorm said:

It worked for Last Remnant on PC so why not?

MoogPaul

CookieChip said:
SO4 is better than ToV? Right?....Please?
God...I really hope it's better, cause the only SO that I've played was SO2, and it was awesome in every way possible (aside 3D GFX).

short answer: no
long answer: nope

expy

Banned
Firestorm said:
wrong game

According to SE, it may be why dual-audio will not be supported.

batbeg

Firestorm said:
wrong game

Not much more likely than the PS3 getting Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon, really.

I hope this news is true, though I don't have 100% faith in gamefly, and it'd be especially surprising as even an eventual Star Ocean 4 PS3 port wouldn't necessarily be NA-bound, especially this early in the game. But if I were to take everything Gamefly says as truth, I'd be playing The Last Remnant on my PSP right about now.

goldenpp72

tales of vesperia is the only jrpg ps3 owners should want off 360 (well, possible ones anyways)

SO4 was like, the worst rpg i've ever played, and I beat ES and IU

Alex

Infinite Undiscovery was quite the pile, you don't want it. By far the worst game Tri-Ace has ever made by a large margin.

SO4 however was very enjoyable. Good catch for people who like the series.

DR2K

Banned
lorddarkflare said:
Do not make we whip out the Destiny Remake vids(Mainly because i cannot find where i placed them).

While i agree that SO4 beats out just about all the localized Tales in terms of Battle system(Except for perhaps Vesperia), several of JPN only ones(Destiny, Destiny 2, Rebirth can definitely stand toe to toe).

Unless of course we are talking about the 3d only ones, in which you are mostly correct.

I'm talking about customization, item creation, battle system. etc. . . the entire package is ahead of nay of the tales games I've played, which is all of the tales localized + hearts.

Maybe is not the best RPG of this gen, but the previous Star Ocean games always has been good and deep RPG. So Europe Day 1 if it's translated, or US Day 1 import if not.

But it worries me a lot that the scores seems lower than in previous Star Ocean games.

So, I leave here a question (if a non-junior thinks the same, and wants to open a thread about this, would be perfect): Are we judging with more stringent criteria the jRPG than in the previous gen?

It give me the impression that, in past generations, games with a high grinding component, with stereotypical characters or plot, with a lot of dumb dialog or bad voice acting, or even non-impressive graphics got higher scores (from reviewers but also from users) than now. Maybe the progress of the western games in general, this gen (in terms of graphics or plot), and the success of the wRPG has changed how we look the jRPG?

DR2K said:
I'm talking about customization, item creation, battle system. etc. . . the entire package is ahead of nay of the tales games I've played, which is all of the tales localized + hearts.

Well get yourself some of the better ones in the series before we talk. But it is pretty obvious you are a SO fan and i a Tales of.. fan so this will not end well, so i will just let it go.

_Angelus_

Banned
Pistolero said:
Seen it on the 360. One uninspired old school JRPG...Do not want ! :D

Tell that to the forum though. Before this leak it was deemed a shit game. Now its anticipated because its appearing on the 3rd place console that the forum cheerleads 24/7.
:lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Choke on the Magic said:
From watching a friend play it on 360 I can say I will definitely enjoy this game.

Cause you enjoyed watching your friend suffer?

Got to the...2nd? planet with the little stupid girl and gave up. Battles/story/music = boring and uninspired.

goldenpp72

DangerousDave said:
Maybe is not the best RPG of this gen, but the previous Star Ocean games always has been good and deep RPG. So Europe Day 1 if it's translated, or US Day 1 import if not.

But it worries me a lot that the scores seems lower than in previous Star Ocean games.

So, I leave here a question (if a non-junior thinks the same, and wants to open a thread about this, would be perfect): Are we judging with more stringent criteria the jRPG than in the previous gen?

It give me the impression that, in past generations, games with a high grinding component, with stereotypical characters or plot, with a lot of dumb dialog or bad voice acting, or even non-impressive graphics got higher scores (from reviewers but also from users) than now. Maybe the progress of the western games in general, this gen (in terms of graphics or plot), and the success of the wRPG has changed how we look the jRPG?

Not at all, SO4 on 360 was a mess. It seemed like it ran on like, 5 different engines, it looked good in some corridors, horrible in others, the outside areas looked washed out and blurry as shit, it even swapped resolutions and framerates during battles. The combat was fine, but the style and premise are retarded as sin, combined with a horrible save system and what not.. Let's just say, the screen shots for this game were LIES.

Horrible story too. I was so dissapointed with this game, the only thing I could think of while playing was if I could get my money back (I couldn't)

Loudninja

Angelus said:
Tell that to the forum though. Before this leak it was deemed a shit game. Now its anticipated because its appearing on the 3rd place console that the forum cheerleads 24/7.

What?anyway I am a huge SO fan,so yeah I wound definitely pick this up :)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Angelus said:
Please tell me where you see the anticipation? I see a bunch of DO NOT WANT posts.

MechaX

DangerousDave said:

Tales of Vesperia got the highest ratings out of all Tales of games released since Symphonia (Hell, the highest out of all console JRPGs right now) and it still suffers from some of the flaws that you listed, so the case isn't that simple.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Cause you enjoyed watching your friend suffer?

Got to the...2nd? planet with the little stupid girl and gave up. Battles/story/music = boring and uninspired.

Sometimes I think some of you are just too jaded to enjoy games. I saw nothing wrong. I'm a big SO fan though.

icecream

Public Health Threat
dramatis said:
It's just that their writing staff needs to be fired.
They don't even write their own games anymore, they oursource them all. They just excel at finding crappy writers. :lol

imail

brandonh83 said:
IM ON PS3 NOW KAAAAYYYYYYYYY

fuck this game

I was going to post this KAAAAAAAY :lol :lol :lol

Edit : For those who didn't play the game and wanna know more about it.

I finished it last month and I was SO disappointment , The only thing that kept me playing was the "Decent - Good" battle system and
thinking some characters will die at the end

Before you play this game you must read the following conditions Kaay
1. You are okay with a very average story.
2. You can handle the bad graphics.
3. Before you start playing make sure that your TV remote control is in reach to press Mute.
4. There are many annoying characters and {SPOILER}
THEY Won't Die
5. You are really really starving to play a JRPG and you can't wait.

le.phat

so apperantly the game sucked balls on 360. I really wonder if SE's exclusivity deals are paying off in the end, seeing as the all the hype has died down, and the perception of SO has turned for the worst they can't really expect gangbuster sales on ps3 now can they ?

dramatis said:
It's just that their writing staff needs to be fired.

x6hlcx.jpg

Top Bottom