• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing Indigo Prophecy for the first time..

Costanza

Banned
I was really enjoying it till the game started throwing this Simon Says crap at me. Now, after trying to get past the
bugs
about 30 times, I don't think I'm ever going to touch it again. The shit just doesn't work.

What the hell am I missing here? It can't be this horribly broken (PC version)... right?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Are you playing it with a controller or the keyboard? I bought it for PS2 recently and passed that scene on my first try. I heard a lot of problems with keyboard gymnastics though :p

If you don't like that scene, there are plenty of worse, longer scenes. In fact, towards the end, there's one that lasts like 10 minutes, and I had to keep starting over x_x

Costanza

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
Are you playing it with a controller or the keyboard? I bought it for PS2 recently and passed that scene on my first try. I heard a lot of problems with keyboard gymnastics though :p

If you don't like that scene, there are plenty of worse, longer scenes. In fact, towards the end, there's one that lasts like 10 minutes, and I had to keep starting over x_x
Keyboard. I don't know what happened to my PC controller.

C-Jo

If you're this frustrated at the bug part, you might as well bail out now because it only gets worse.

To me, the diner and the first night in your apartment at the very beginning are the most successfully executed parts of the game. It kind of turns into a mess by the end.

change it to easy or start over on easy

if you're already on easy and ahve trouble, your reflexes are shit.

I played it on PC and had no problems with the controls. WSAD for left and arrow keys for right.

Costanza

Banned
omfg are you kidding me? the game could've fucking told me the thing on the right was mapped to numpad. I kept using arrows. -_-

Passed it first try now. I'm an idiot.

Ranger X

Costanza said:
omfg are you kidding me? the game could've fucking told me the thing on the right was mapped to numpad. I kept using arrows. -_-

Passed it first try now. I'm an idiot.

Good. Now enjoy the awesome ride until the game becomes fucked up in the last tierce.
And there's no message in this post, I really think this game is incredible and should be played AT LEAST until you reach that point where the story loses some fans.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Bail out. If I remember correctly you have already played the best part of the game. If not, you got an hour (two at most) before the game turns into a complete train wreck.

Safe Bet said:
Stop after the Diner.

That is by far the best part of the game, kind of reminds me of a Bioware game.

It's downhill from there, but until they go all sci-fi bs the game is still quite excellent.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Prepare for the biggest "WTF IS THIS SHIT!"-shit's of your life :]

Also, I used my DualShock 3 on my PC to play this. It's not that bad with the thumb sticks, but it can get really long, really.

Tried it out a few days ago as well, baled out after a couple of hours. Got until the first part in your apartment and it just felt like a complete mess.

Costanza

Banned
hateradio said:
Prepare for the biggest "WTF IS THIS SHIT!"-shit's of your life :]

Also, I used my DualShock 3 on my PC to play this. It's not that bad with the thumb sticks, but it can get really long, really.
How do I do that?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
Bail out. If I remember correctly you have already played the best part of the game. If not, you got an hour (two at most) before the game turns into a complete train wreck.

Hey I liked the investigation scenes with Carla and that other guy...they were interesting.

As for the killer's scenes--screw them. They got worse towards the end xD

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Costanza said:
Now a STEALTH section? With these shitty controls? Jesus christ.
:lol try it with a control, though it's probably like a %50 improvement.

Wolves Evolve said:
DO NOT KEEP PLAYING
I AM MAKING A DIRECT THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST YOU

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Costanza said:
i have to see it through -_-

You don't. Trust me on this, you do not need to see it through. I thought the same thing when I played through it last month. I soldiered through and now have 7 hours of my life gone forever.

I started playing on the PC a few days ago and I'm not sure I'll continue. Can I use the 360 controller with it? That might make it better.
It seems pretty kludgy though.

Sinatar said:
You don't. Trust me on this, you do not need to see it through. I thought the same thing when I played through it last month. I soldiered through and now have 7 hours of my life gone forever.

Pretty much this.

I felt violated like a rape victim after forcing myself to finish Indigo Prophecy. Perhaps the worst $3 i ever wasted on.

Nothing can describe the awful train disaster of a plot and the endless grueling QTE encounters

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ahahah :lol man I wanna see your face after the game ends :lol :lol :lol the last few hours are batshit insane :lol

mavs

Yurt said:
ahahah :lol man I wanna see your face after the game ends :lol :lol :lol the last few hours are batshit insane :lol

It's not really that crazy, just stupid.

GhaleonQ

All I ask is that you recall that this is Cage's greatest work come Heavy Rain's release and the subsequent reviews. THIS THING is the best realization of Cage's promises to date. It has an 85% rating on GameRankings. Just, you know, keep that in mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
mavs said:
It's not really that crazy, just stupid.

c'mon:lol ! walking on buildings, fighting a heli and all sorta kung fu combos mid air:lol that was so shitty :lol

Costanza said:
i have to see it through -_-

I'm warning you for your own health, put the game down before you leave the museum. Indigo Prophecy's story is a train wreck that eats away at your sanity and leaves you feeling confused, ripped off, violated and cursing the hours you invested into it.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, after the museum it get's way too crazy. It try's to explain what happened to the main character that caused him to kill the guy in the start of the game, and get all these super powers. The fact someone controlled him to kill a seemingly random guy was a interesting opener for a game, but the way they went about with explaining it was horrible.

Just play until the museum.

GhaleonQ said:
All I ask is that you recall that this is Cage's greatest work come Heavy Rain's release and the subsequent reviews. THIS THING is the best realization of Cage's promises to date. It has an 85% rating on GameRankings. Just, you know, keep that in mind.

He really killed your dog didn't he?

hamchan

I also recently played the PC version and enjoyed it quite a lot. The last third was stupid, so I like to imagine that it's secretly an outtake joke real meant to make me laugh and that the game ended before that.

If you're playing on PC i recommend to change the default controls since movement on the arrow keys is horrible and makes the hand uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DO NOT KEEP PLAYING

I AM MAKING A DIRECTER THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST YOU

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
sub_zer0 said:
Pretty much this.

I felt violated like a rape victim after forcing myself to finish Indigo Prophecy. Perhaps the worst $3 i ever wasted on.

Nothing can describe the awful train disaster of a plot and the endless grueling QTE encounters

If only it was only $3 wasted for me. I bought it for the PC when it came out. And i have never seen a game go from "wow, this is a cool game" to "wow this is absolute shit, this is the worst fucking game i have ever played, fuck this, fuck quantic dream, fuck david cage"

I dont even care about the first part of the game anymore after finishing it. For me, the best part of it was the quizz they give you during the installation of the game, which was pretty cool.

Haunted

Stop when you're 2/3 through it and pretend the story wraps up nicely.

Buttonbasher said:
THE LAST HALF IS AMAZING. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT.

CONTROVERSY

protip: spin the wheelchair!
2uj796c.jpg

quickwhips

I bought this game for 6 dollars for xbox. I played through it a few month on my xbox 360. I had a blast since I knew nothing about this game except that these guys were making heavy rain. It was different. Makes me want to play heavy rain.

flyover

Don't believe anyone who tells you that Indigo Prophecy goes downhill about two-thirds of the way through.

It actually starts going to shit about halfway through. Still kind of love it, though.

Top Bottom